Robin_IV

[Help] - Flexible hose

Hello,

I was looking for a thin hollow hose out of plastic which has the same diameter than a bar (e.g. Lightsaber) and which you can put in a hollow stud. In MLCad in the Technic Section there are following types:

- 76263 Technic Flex-System hose 3L etc... up to 53L

They do have this diameter. I was searching on BrickLink but there where no matches for the parts numbers or the name. Googles result for "Technic Flex-System hose" was Pneumatic hoses. But I know that there are existing hoses like I described.
On Bricklink though I found the hose used in the Emerald Night named Hose, Rigid 3mm D. 16L / 12.8cm.

Searching this tag in BrickLink: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/search.page?q=hose rigid#T=A

But they are not existing in the LDraw Library.

Can you help me? Which is the name of the hose I am looking for?

Edited by Robin_IV

Are these the hoses you're looking for....

On Bricklink (in parts)

Hose rigid 3mm D

Hose soft 3mm D

EDIT: Oops Now I've reread your post I see you found them in Bricklink!! Ignore me!!

Edited by greg3

I found that looking for required part on Bricklink and then following the link to Rebrickable to find actual LDraw part number helps. Rebrickable has each rigid hose with its dedicated part number

For example, 71192 is actual part number for Rigid hose 16L. And the same piece on Rebrickable.

Haven't really used these before, but I don't think you can bend these in LDCad, for example. For this case I suppose you would need to search for Rigid Hose 3mm piece.

Thank you for this hint. I will use this function on rebrickable.

Your're right. I use MLCad but you can't bend parts anyway. Only with a complicated coordinate system. I read about that in LSynth it is feasible to connect the pneumatic tubes with pneu. hoses. But I have no clue how. :sceptic:

Edited by Robin_IV

Rigid hose 3mm should fit in a stud hole / minifig hand.

They can be bend, but only over long distances, it is available as a bendable template in LDCad. You'll have to find the real part number based upon the used length after use though.

And I tested LSynth in LDraw and it works perfectly for bending pieces. (ropes, chains, hoses)

But

On 8/14/2018 at 9:24 PM, roland said:

They can be bend, but only over long distances

Hm. Maybe I should use pneumatic hoses instead. Because I have to bend them on very tight space. I have to order some additional and test it in RL.

Well, you can bend such hose in small radius, but keep in mind it won't recover to its original state, i.e. will be permanently bent/damaged. So it depends on your definition of LEGO purity if you feel this acceptable or not.

It is hard to advice what would be the best way for you, as pneumatic hoses are slightly larger in diameter. it will be hardly possible to insert pneumatic tube into hollow stud.