Sign in to follow this  
Kozikyo86

[MOC] First Order Xi-Class Light Shuttle

Hi!

I want to show you my new project - First Order Xi-Class Light Shuttle from Last Jedi movie!

Minifigures scale, now 1070 parts, 50% complete.

now, LDD project, but after designing, I'll make real model and instruction.

How do you like it? Any sugestions? :classic:

MOC First Order Xi-Class Shuttle (4)MOC First Order Xi-Class Shuttle (5)

MOC First Order Xi-Class Shuttle (1)

Looking good, I like the engine intake area. I can see you're a fan of the New Republic era, I'd love to see you build from another era!

14 minutes ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Looking good, I like the engine intake area. I can see you're a fan of the New Republic era, I'd love to see you build from another era!

Thanks! Maybe someday I'll do something from a different era, but my next ideas are about a new ... :laugh:  I don't know the old republic very well and I don't have any sets. 

And renders I made in LDD because Stud.Io has some problems with many parts, I don't know why :sceptic:

Ah, that's a good one! I'd be interested in building that.

Looks roughly in scale, too; is it? I'm guessing wings don't move (and that they shouldn't).

2 hours ago, DomMk said:

Ah, that's a good one! I'd be interested in building that.

Looks roughly in scale, too; is it? I'm guessing wings don't move (and that they shouldn't).

Thanks!

Wings shouldn't move but I'm using moveable connection it's easier to carry, hide, etc. :) 

See you soon in next step of this building!

Looks good. I frankly don't remember seeing it though. Been a while since I watched 8, I was marathoning the whole series with TV shows, and then CW season 7 was announced, so I've definitely been watching more prequel era content. Any reference photos?

1 hour ago, Iperial_Fleet_Commander said:

Looks good. I frankly don't remember seeing it though. Been a while since I watched 8, I was marathoning the whole series with TV shows, and then CW season 7 was announced, so I've definitely been watching more prequel era content. Any reference photos?

It's most visible in the hanger room scene on the Supremacy from what I remember. It's later crashed by Finn and Rose when they escape to Crait.

Just now, Forresto said:

It's most visible in the hanger room scene on the Supremacy from what I remember. It's later crashed by Finn and Rose when they escape to Crait.

SW_DB_Xi_shuttle

Probably I need make middle section 2 studs wider, problem with canopy :) we will see...

Nice work! :) I'm excited for this. How does it fare on scale – is it "true" minifig scale or slightly smaller?

2 hours ago, DomMk said:

Nice work! :) I'm excited for this. How does it fare on scale – is it "true" minifig scale or slightly smaller?

Thanks! Probably minifig scale, maybe +/- 10% difference ;) I checked all photos and screenshots from movie

Nice! Looks really movie accurate! Somehow reminds me of the v-19s though, the back and the wings

Hi there, I really like where this is going. Not many MOCs of this ship out there so far. I think I prefer the smoothness and size of the first cockpit version. Do you think you could fit the opening mechanism to that bigger cockpit piece? It'd be a shame to loose that mechanism.

I assume this won't fit more than the two pilot figures? Some more interior would be great but the structure for the wings always takes up a lot of space with this kind of shuttle and yours does look very well designed.

Keep up the great work and keep us posted! :)

1 hour ago, Kit Bricksto said:

Hi there, I really like where this is going. Not many MOCs of this ship out there so far. I think I prefer the smoothness and size of the first cockpit version. Do you think you could fit the opening mechanism to that bigger cockpit piece? It'd be a shame to loose that mechanism.

I assume this won't fit more than the two pilot figures? Some more interior would be great but the structure for the wings always takes up a lot of space with this kind of shuttle and yours does look very well designed.

Keep up the great work and keep us posted! :)

Thanks! First cockpit part 10x3x2 exist only in set with creator mini cooper in trans-black color, so it's can be a problem. I'll try to make another version... soon :)

I'll add some space on back of this shuttle and maybe some place for BB droid units :) 

I really think that version with 10 studs wide glass piece looks more accurate. I would definitely use some stickers for that. Lego does that, why wouldn't you. Great job so far by the way ;)

First Order Xi-Class Light Shuttle

is ready!!! :)

after few weeks of designing in LDD my new project is ready! Now it's time to checking my parts and make few orders on Bricklink.

I use uncommon windscreen - 2x10x3 number of part 24607 on Bricklink - probably there exist only in Mini Cooper 10242 set (trans-black color)

- 1261 parts!

- Minifigures scale! (probably :laugh:)

- 2 First Order Crew

- 1 Cargo or BB-9E unit

Soon on my YouTube more about this project :)

How you like it? :)

Hello Kozikyo!

I like your Lego version of the shuttle. Wonderful lines and the cockpit as simple as it is, really makes a nice appearance. Good job!

Greetings Kommander