Legochaek

Future Simpsons Lego- Rumours, discussion and wishlisting

4 minutes ago, MAB said:

The downside to a Comic Book Store would be that we already got Comic Book guy in the CMF, and also Bart and Milhouse and their Superhero alter egos. I'm not sure what else they could have given us that was novel in that setting, aside from a few more printed comic book tiles.

Radioactive Man comes to my mind. He could be there like signing autographs or something

They could also include Jimbo and an exclusive version of Comic Book Guy

Also, Comic Book Guy and Homer also have superhero alter egos, and Bart has 3: Stretchdude, Bartman and Cupcake Kid

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Radioactive Man comes to my mind. He could be there like signing autographs or something

They could also include Jimbo and an exclusive version of Comic Book Guy

Also, Comic Book Guy and Homer also have superhero alter egos, and Bart has 3: Stretchdude, Bartman and Cupcake Kid

Yeah, it was annoying to get Fallout Boy but not Radioactive Man. It's like getting Robin but no Batman!

2 hours ago, MAB said:

The downside to a Comic Book Store would be that we already got Comic Book guy in the CMF, and also Bart and Milhouse and their Superhero alter egos. I'm not sure what else they could have given us that was novel in that setting, aside from a few more printed comic book tiles.

Stan Lee and a Hulk figure? I hear he never leaves.

I’d love to see Moe’s.  I thought it was very unlikely when the Simpsons sets first came out but given we have now get our first Bartender in Lego form (Wuher from Star Wars) it’s quite a possibility... providing the theme returns of course.  

Edited by Legoman123

Just now, Legoman123 said:

I’d love to see Moe’s.  I thought it was very unlikely when the Simpsons sets first came out but given we have now get our first Bartender in Lego form (Wuher from Star Wars) it’s quite a possibility... providing the theme returns of course.  

There was already a Bartender in The Lego Movie: Sudds Backwash. 

He was a saloon bartender. Even referred a such in the bio

8 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

I wonder why this theme was unpopular? 

It only had 2 price points

• Nearly £200
  • £1.99

Most themes have a wide range of set prices,with kids buying a large number of the mid-range products. Since it only had the 2 big sets, which take up a fair amount of room, it did have a limited market.

I think the theme would have done better if it had included some smaller sets. 

S1 CMF were popular. But S2 less so. I think part of it was down to repeat characters in S2 (esp Homer, Marge, Lisa and definitely Maggie, at least Bart was in a very different costume whereas the others were just in other regular clothes) and also the obvious conclusion that LEGO were not going to do the theme justice by leaving out important characters and including lesser ones in the S2.

7 hours ago, nikhkin said:

It only had 2 price points

• Nearly £200
  • £1.99

Most themes have a wide range of set prices,with kids buying a large number of the mid-range products. Since it only had the 2 big sets, which take up a fair amount of room, it did have a limited market.

I think the theme would have done better if it had included some smaller sets. 

Like the Mr. Plow truck for example!

Maybe a third CMF series and two sets! I'd love that. My guesses for the CMF would be:

1. Homer in Pajamas

2. Marge in Pajamas

3. Lisa in her purple dress

4. Bart in his all blue outfit

5. Star Maggie 

6. Grandpa in formal suit

7. Maude Flanders

8. Rod Flanders

9. Todd Flanders

10. Bumblebee man

11. Mayor Quimby

12. Reverend Lovejoy

13. Sideshow Bob

14. Agnes Skinner

15. Kent Brockman

16. Crazy Cat Lady

Now for the sets. One would be a D2C School with Principal Skinner, new version of Edna Krabappel,  Elizabeth Hoover, Otto Mann, Bart, Lisa, Sherri and Terri and maybe Willie? It would also inlude the school bus. Then the other one would be smaller, it'd be Bart's treehouse, included are Bart, Homer, Milhouse and the three guys from Nelson's gang. It would include Marge's car Then all the most important characters would be done and they could finish this line.

Edited by Fifulin

If we ever get another Simpsons CMF series, I bet it would be The Simpsons Movie 2 series 

It is quite surprising to me to see The Simpson coming this years in a new theme (BrickHeadz) after having nothing in 2016 and 2017. Do you know how long lasts a licence possessing ? With that surprise, do you think that we can expect anything else, and for how much longer ? Thank you in advance :)

What do you guys think about the new rumour? It says Matt Groening answered a Fan it would be "likely" that there will be more Lego Simpsons sets. To be honest i doubt it. Even if Lego would do new Sets. With the old sets retired Lego would have to start again, wouldn't they? So it's quite unlikely to get much new.

In case anyone is wondering, the rumour is here:

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-the-simpsons-rumor-from-2019-d23-expo/

It could happen, with the Disney / Fox buyout.

And yes, I'd imagine they would start again in terms of issuing characters, so expect loads more of the Simpsons family before getting more niche characters. Sets wouldn't sell if they missed out the core characters and expected people to have them from years back.

I think there’ll have to be another Simpsons house as it’s been so long. I hope there’ll be a Springfield elementary, which they designed digitally in Lego dimensions and a small street containing Android’s Dungeon, the music store, Moe’s Tavern and a small Kwik-E mart. 

There are tons of characters left for the series, not least Principal Skinner and his mom, Lenny, Carl, Cletus, Otto, Nelson’s gang, Krusty ‘s dad, young Marge, young Homer 

I would do anything for a stand-alone LEGO The Simpsons video game! If this happens, I’d expect it to be rated either Everyone 10+ or Teen for mild inappropriate content such as PG or PG-13 language.

@MABI was hoping my worries were unneccessary ? Thanks for the response anyway ?

@Lego-fireI am working on a custom Moe's Tavern since about a year. I am sure this building will never be officially released by Lego because of two reasons.

1. I went through the whole series to find good eastereggs and there is nearly zero that Lego would use. Lego became quite open to violent things, but nearly every joke in the Tavern is inappropriate because of alcohol or sexuality. The few others are mostly not possible to put into a playset. 

2. It is nearly impossible to realise it with less than 3000 pieces in a pretty way, and it requires unusal building techniques and new moulds . The Tavern is so different in the colours on the inside and outside it has to be build with 2 lines of bricks per wall. The windows are nearly impossible to realise and need techniques that will never be used in a set. On top of that you would need special moulds for the front or it will look just terrible. I'll modify 6 tiles for that problem. Lego would need 2 new moulds just for that.

I can't imagine King Tut's Music store or the Krusty Burger because there aren't enough eastereggs to fill a building like the two existing sets. There aren't that many gags in total, lots of them can't be put into Lego Form - like Abes Teeth in a Burger or Lou destroying the seat to free Chief Wiggum - and Krusty putting people into burgers is too dark. At best there will be open buildings with very little inside like the background in the TLBM-Catwoman-Bycicle-set. Besides of that both buildings aren't that iconic.

The school has much more eastereggs to offer but would be insanely big if it is done well. I guess the best way to do it (thinking about selling sets) would be one Class room combining Lisas and Barts class, a Teachers Room and principal Skinners Office connechted by a hallway. Instead of a car it could have Willie's Tractor. Exclusive Character would be Skinner. To be honest i would still feel like this is unsatisfying without cafeteria and music room but that way we can leave Doris and the music teacher away and keep it with one new mould.

The schoolbus with Otto and some reused kids as well as a small set containing Jebbediah Simpsons Statue would have potential.

The savest bet is an Androids dungeon with Marges car. It would be iconic enough and a new kid could be put into the Set as an exclusive character. This one set combined with a third series containing the missing core family members in standard outfits with new accessory for the old collectors could even work without a full reboot.

Edited by Gorilla94

On 9/8/2019 at 9:15 AM, Another Brick In The Wall said:

According to the LEGO IDEAS website, TLG no longer holds the license for The Simpsons, so.....sorry, I hate to be _that_ guy. 

Actually, this only applies to products that are currently available to buy on LEGO’s online shop. And chances are they still might have the license for The Simpsons.

For example, when the Homer & Krusty BrickHeadz set was released, LEGO Ideas banned all The Simpsons product ideas. But now that the BrickHeadz set has since been sold out, LEGO Ideas currently allows The Simpsons product ideas.

Edited by MatthewRC

On 9/8/2019 at 9:36 AM, Gorilla94 said:

2. It is nearly impossible to realise it with less than 3000 pieces in a pretty way, and it requires unusal building techniques and new moulds . The Tavern is so different in the colours on the inside and outside it has to be build with 2 lines of bricks per wall. The windows are nearly impossible to realise and need techniques that will never be used in a set. On top of that you would need special moulds for the front or it will look just terrible. I'll modify 6 tiles for that problem. Lego would need 2 new moulds just for that.

It wouldn't need to be double walled, they'd just use artistic license and get the outside roughly right and not worry too much about the colour inside. A few stickers on the walls will soon make it look like Moe's. I don't see the problem with the windows - the diamond pattern would probably be printed on.

The biggest issue, and why it will probably never be done, is the alcohol references.

On 9/12/2019 at 10:19 AM, MAB said:

It wouldn't need to be double walled, they'd just use artistic license and get the outside roughly right and not worry too much about the colour inside. A few stickers on the walls will soon make it look like Moe's. I don't see the problem with the windows - the diamond pattern would probably be printed on.

The biggest issue, and why it will probably never be done, is the alcohol references.

I guess it's personal taste to some degree how important it feels to you to have the correct wall colours. But i think most people will see the difference between the medium dark flesh colour of the outside and dark green on the inside (these colours match the show as close as possible) as similar to if not even more noticeable than between the blue and yellow of the Kwik-E-Mart (which Lego put into the set) - especially because you see much more of the green walls than the walls in the Kwik-E-Mart which are barely visible behind interior. On top of that there are wooden plates on the walls from the floor up to the height of a grown mans hips. If the wall has just one line of bricks, this would have to be done with about 50-70 stickers/prints or left away completely.

It's true that the diamond pattern is no big deal. I will print mine like that, too. The problem is the window frame. It is brown on the inside and purple on the outside. If you make the inside medium dark flesh with purple  window frames it will look terrible next to the brown and red seats and completely break the colour scheme of the show. You also have to build the frame in a way that works with the seats standing right next to the window because you can't put the Windows too high. The solution i came up with works as good as it is possible with the existing bricks but isn't stable enough for a official playset.

Does anybody know if the BrickHeadz set of Homer & Krusty sold successfully? I'm assuming it did because it sold out fast on the LEGO Shop website.