29058580737_895e7db452_c.jpg

All-faiths chapel, University of Tiberia by Ross Fisher, on Flickr

Brother François, University of Tiberia, Arlinsport, August 608.

Your eminences,

I beg your forgiveness, but I am beginning to suspect that I am not the right man for the position here at the University of Tiberia.

When I applied for this post, I had hoped that it would be suitable for a man of action. I believed that by great labour, or sheer force of will, I might have an impact here. I had hoped that I could bring some of these Corlander intellectuals into the light of the Faith. However, in truth, I see now that this task requires someone with far more patience than I. Someone with a tolerant demeanour and a comforting disposition.

The chaplaincy here is small. When I arrived here I was surprised that it would never fit the entire student body within. In hindsight this should have been my first clue. The school governors here regard my presence as a box-ticking exercise; something to appeal to prospective students, but not a part of the university in its own right.

Moreover, I have been superciliously told that this temple is a "multi-faith" chapel, and that any old heathen can use my building for his own twisted rituals. Fortunately, after I ran the first few heretics out, word got around, and the titan-worshippers and "three goddesses" hippies have stopped coming. By Hades, it's all I can do to stop myself erecting a pyre on the quad!

In short, I ask that you consider someone else for this position. Perhaps a priestess of Hera? Far too many of these feckless Corlanders come here in search of mothering, and I am disinclined to accommodate such pathetic mewling any longer.

Please help me find a different path. Something I can really sink my teeth into - preferably not more horse.

Your humble servant,
Brother François

Edited by Ross Fisher

Great build @Ross Fisher, and great addition to the University of Tiberia. Thanks for adding some Oleander culture to our prestigious institution. And, I must compliment you on your excellent writing as well. :thumbup:

How big is the chapel, however? The angle which you took the picture at kinda obscures how long it is. Can I get a stud footprint? :classic:

Oi, quite a tiny and simple chapel. But that story... :iamded_lol:

Excellent stuff, well done! :thumbup:

:iamded_lol:Those Corrish, how dare they make us share a same temple with heathens, you did well chasing them out.:thumbup:

An excellent build! Despite its simplicity (or because of) it looks quite beautiful!

On 8/12/2018 at 6:09 PM, Ross Fisher said:

Sadly, I didn't have enough sloping bricks to complete the roof, and you'd see a gaping hole if I changed the shot in any way.

I'm gonna let you in on a little trick: re-build it between every photo. I see you have roof parts on both sides; remove them from one side and build a complete roof on the other, then take picture of only the completed side. If you then want a picture from the other side just reverse it.

14 minutes ago, Flavius Gratian said:

I'm gonna let you in on a little trick: re-build it between every photo.

That would've been a smart idea! Thanks for the tip. 

The idea was based on all those white New England wooden chapels. I'm not sure I managed to make it as pretty as I wanted, but it's a decent go.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:02 AM, Ross Fisher said:

and "three goddesses" hippies

Well, bless you too.

15 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

The idea was based on all those white New England wooden chapels. I'm not sure I managed to make it as pretty as I wanted, but it's a decent go.

As a New Englander, you did a good job capturing the style. I saw the resemblance immediately. Clever use of the Épée as the top of the steeple. Good job on the story, it gave me a good chuckle.