OK, there's one, and it's a good kit.

However, one snow groomer/pisten bully/piste basher (or dinosaur digger as my then 3-year-old decided they were :laugh:) in 40 years doesn't seem a lot.

OK, they're a bit rare, but you can pack a lot of functions into them - tracks, suspension, skid steering if powered, the forward blade and the rear blade, some have cranes.

Any idea why TLG haven't made one? After all, I must have made a few dozen over the years!

Who knows. There are so many pieces of equipment that would make good Technic sets that Lego just refuses to use for whatever reason. We don't see many graders and forklifts, for instance. we can only speculate on the reasons.

This isn't my reason for this problem, but I believe someone on this site said something about how snow groomers are only common in snowy countries, so the market size is smaller, therefore making a snow groomer a less ideal product. Whoever said this, please take credit.

I don't know, but my guess it that a bulldozer offers a lot of the same possibilities (a snow groomer being basically a bulldozer for snow). Could it be that bulldozers are seen as the "cooler" option? (oh the irony!). It could have some new to official Technic functions, like suspension on a tracked vehicle like you suggested. I am curious to know what new pieces would your dream snow groomer from TLG have. Maybe wider tread links?

Not sure the "rare machine" argument holds much water - if a snow groomer's an unusual sight, what about a bucket wheel excavator? Then again, a BWE's got a wow factor to it that a snow groomer hasn't, at least for the average buyer.

I think a snowgroomer is one of those vehicles that needs some extra wow factor like RC and/or pneumatics to be a popular set.

On its own it just isn’t an unusual enough vehicle to make amazing sales. The BWE managed to pull it off partly because it was a vehicle that came so hard out of left field that it caught much attention.

I would gladly welcome an RC Snowgroomer (given it came with other functions like a small crane or something.

Edited by Bartybum