dunamis

10191 Star Justice Review

3. If that was made with LDD, how comes we cant get the Cockpit Glass or Gray suits and helmets?

Because these sets and the corresponding LDD palette will be released on April 16th.

The torso designs are great. As was pointed out, they're very much Star Trek the Motion Picture. If there is a second run of these, will we get the snazzy red uniforms from the rest of the movies?

I'm just disappointed that they're stickers, because I'll never get them on straight and then the figures will look silly.

Steve

The torso designs are great. As was pointed out, they're very much Star Trek the Motion Picture. If there is a second run of these, will we get the snazzy red uniforms from the rest of the movies?

I was hoping someone would see that I put that Star Trek the Motion Picture photo in there for a reason. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that.

I'm just disappointed that they're stickers, because I'll never get them on straight and then the figures will look silly.

Steve

Just you wait until you see how I butchered one of my Space Skull minifigs with a frickin' crooked sticker! I should have the review with photos up tonight (it may already be public on my brickshelf if you can't wait...)

Thanks for a very good review, dunamis! *y*

Although I hoped for a big and amazing starship at first, especially at that price point, I have to say that this set conception´s slowly

growing on me.... A neat little base and some very nice and detailed designed crafts with a very fine Classic Space feeling, and without

that fancy but often annoying stuff TLC´s trying to apply on their Space sets to catch the attention of the kiddies.... very interestingly at least.

Unfortunately these sets appear at a time where TLC´s already giving so many cool sets to us, so I simply can´t say if I´ll find the resources

(time & money) to get that 'a whole theme in a box' goody right now....

Ach, why did TLC have to release this just as I spend $100 on Blacktron Lego! X-D

Ach, why did TLC have to release this just as I spend $100 on Blacktron Lego! X-D

We'll forgive you, but only because it's Blacktron.

It better be Blacktron 1. |-/

Very nicely done! Thanks!

I like the looks out these 2 sets. Especially the Space Skulls. I'll def get them (Space Skulls), but will have to wait and see as far as the Star Justice set.

Because these sets and the corresponding LDD palette will be released on April 16th.

This is probably redundant, but I just wanted to confirm that you are saying that all the parts in these sets, notably:

-Grey minifig legs and torsos

-black minifig legs and torsos

-2x2 round tiles with vent printing

-targeting computer bricks

will soon be available for sale from pick-a-brick online?

If anyone is impatient like me, here are some photos of the Skull sets here.

If he adds more pictures it will become unviewable though, so hurry and take a gander! :-$

This is probably redundant, but I just wanted to confirm that you are saying that all the parts in these sets, notably:

-Grey minifig legs and torsos

-black minifig legs and torsos

-2x2 round tiles with vent printing

-targeting computer bricks

will soon be available for sale from pick-a-brick online?

yes.

yes.

I think they already are...

yes.

If he adds more pictures it will become unviewable though, so hurry and take a gander! :-$

Yup, that's me! Nice find! Looking at those pix is almost like I'm building the sets myself. Ahh, vicariously....

Hmmh, so it'll be a while before I can stock up on windshields.

Hopefully we'll see a surge of good LDD MOCs then...

Question:

Are these prepacked Factory sets cheaper than say, If I were to buy the bricks directly from LDD/PaB?

How much more effecient of a price point?

Considering if its worthwhile simply using LDD to but partial sets if not interested in the entire packages...

Or if I'm feeling like just getting it now...

And heres a thought! in LDD today theres a Female minifig head, how can it be that theres Not a token female StarJustice member?(from the looks of it, two of the guys are clones as is...)

Skull-shaped Spaceship

Edited by xenologer

Thanks for the link Brickmaster! It's a really nice looking set, I still think the Star Justic one is awesome! *wub* You guys did a great job on designing them both, good job. *y*

*sweet*

Question:

Are these prepacked Factory sets cheaper than say, If I were to buy the bricks directly from LDD/PaB?

How much more effecient of a price point?

Considering if its worthwhile simply using LDD to but partial sets if not interested in the entire packages...

I have no way of knowing this, because when we built the sets we didn't have pricing information.

I notice a few constructions in here that LDD does not allow normally. Like studs connected to technic holes on the interceptor's small thrusters.

Can the designers comment on how you managed to do it? Maybe used a different software for the designing?

What will happen in LDD when we try to download the instructions for these once they're available?

I notice a few constructions in here that LDD does not allow normally. Like studs connected to technic holes on the interceptor's small thrusters.

Can the designers comment on how you managed to do it? Maybe used a different software for the designing?

What will happen in LDD when we try to download the instructions for these once they're available?

When we were putting our models in LDD sometimes we had to put pieces floating near and send a note to LEGO saying "hey this connection is broken"... I would guess these connections will be fixed in the next version.

Our version of LDD is just LDD with a special access to the space palette... and that's an older version of the palette and not what will be coming out in April.

HEY,

Put the gold star on the Admiral Giddens with goatee fig your you get demoted! C'MON!

Thanks for the review! I'm so very glad you had fun building it.

;-) Yeah, I noticed you are in EVERY set released! Talk about being stretched to the limits. :-P Great review, and great set! *y*

Edited by kill will

;-) Yeah, I noticed you are in EVERY set released! Talk about being stretched to the limits. :-P Great review, and great set! *y*

I'm global.

Ya, it was odd to see that noggin show up in EVERY town set in 2007... I thought of making a comic about it, then got lazy.

When we were putting our models in LDD sometimes we had to put pieces floating near and send a note to LEGO saying "hey this connection is broken"... I would guess these connections will be fixed in the next version.

Hmmh, so perhaps next month LDD will get a version change as part of the new Space theme?

And you possibly are able to send them update suggestions?

I'd like to mention then:

transparent neon green, and transparent yellow bricks are completely indistinguishable as seen in LDD, gets to be a really annoying problem when you mix them up.

pneumatic T-connector seems to have a broken connection for the center arm; it will let either the left or right arms connect to a technic + connection, but not this center arm.

thanks for forwarding...

Just you wait until you see how I butchered one of my Space Skull minifigs with a frickin' crooked sticker! I should have the review with photos up tonight (it may already be public on my brickshelf if you can't wait...)

I noticed that. I'm glad I'm not the only spastic person who can't put stickers on right. I even got my movie poster stickers on crooked on my Town Plan set. And I was being really careful too. *wacko*

Gah, how I hate stickers. |-/

Steve

Your reviews are so detailed, and I can't afford all these sets you are reviewing! You do a good job of convincing me to buy these! This will come second the Green Grocer. Thanks for such a nice review!

Edited by ~VBBN~

Do yall know if we will be able to get more figure, with decals, on LDD, sothat we could have a huge "Star Justice" army. Also, if any other sets are released, please do not make another Admiral Giddens. We can't have two running around.