dunamis

10191 Star Justice Review

Unfortunately, there are no alternate models in the instructions. Perhaps the good Admiral has some to share?

Ph, I thought you said somewhere there were suggested models, my mistake. Thanks again!

Stalking iamded! *skull*

Ack! Sorry 'bout that Admiral! I'll fix him up right away when I get home.

I really enjoyed your designs. Well done!

Right you are! I've already fixed it. Thank you.

Unfortunately, there are no alternate models in the instructions. Perhaps the good Admiral has some to share?

In time, in time...

In time, in time...

Admiral, do you think Lego will ever allow you to show your original version of Space Justice, before they changed it?

Great review Dunamis! You've done a mighty fine job! *y*

When I saw the preview pictures of this set I assumed it was going to be released as a series of smaller sets. Obviously this is not the case, which is a pity, because if they were smaller sets I may have purchased them individually over a period of time. Because they're one big set I don't feel willing to committing myself to the purchase - it seems too much money for me, a non Space fan to fork out in one sitting and I don't want to spend 3 hours assembling them to ensure all the pieces are there.

is Lego thinks I will spend 100USD on this thing, then it can think again.

seriously. what is THIS?

is Lego thinks I will spend 100USD on this thing, then it can think again.

seriously. what is THIS?

This is not the attitude we expect from EB members. If you don't like something, please be constructive about it. No one has to like everything, but show a little respect in conversing with the creators of the set itself. I'm not asking anyone to be an megablocks-kisser, but be constructive and respectful when discussing things with our community members. Thank you.

Great Review, and great pictures. Seems like a really well put together bit of nostalgia.

I would disagree with those who are complaining about the price. A quick look at the LEGO site shows that it is priced similarly to Mars Mission kits. I have great memories of CS as kid, and this looks like a pretty good revisiting of that theme.

Despite all that, I don't think I will pick it up. I don't do much Space anymore, and I've been spoiled with the 2k+ piece counts and special elements of the other Factory and CafeCorner series. With Town Plan still waiting to be purchased I have to acknoledge that I can only spend so much on LEGO Crack... I mean Bricks.

Thanks a bunch for the thoughtful and detailed review; but you're right, just looking at it it does not look like a 100 dollar set.

~ M ~

I would disagree with those who are complaining about the price. A quick look at the LEGO site shows that it is priced similarly to Mars Mission kits.

I wouldn't even consider buying a Mars Mission set so that's hardly a comparison.

I have great memories of CS as kid, and this looks like a pretty good revisiting of that theme.

Yes, I agree - the designs capture the essence of Classic Space yet utilise the more recent LEGO pieces and THIS is exactly why I'd consider buying them. I'm just not really satisfied with the method of distribution however.

The price is absolutely reasonable. Back some years ago a space set could have 400-500 peices and be 80$. It's just lately we've been getting more brick for our buck and seem to expect more *wacko*

Secondly, thank you very much for the review! I really love this set, and will be waiting for the SpaceSkulls :'-)

Now, comments on the set. You sure do get enough for a playset. It's like a whole mini moonbase, with a great vehicle selection, theres robots, scout, main ship and a huge wheel'd vehicle. Great playability, a mini army in one set, you donnot see that alot! :'-)

I am glad to see the stickers are on a clear sheet. This means they will have a much longer life than the opaque style. I really want to get my hands on one of these, however, I can't for some time, other than that it's not out in most places, I also have a crash to pay off, and some other stuff. Sadly, hobbies come last. And theres other sets I want to get. Ugh.

I just want to say thank you Admiral Giddens and Grand Admiral, for taking the steps for these sets. I think they're great, and I'm not just trying to kiss your megablocks. :-$ It's a great step for lego - making set's designed by fans redily available. I can't wait to see what lego will do in the following years.

Great stuff *sweet*

Edited by Brickmaster

The Justice set is 895 pieces, or 11 cents per piece.

The Skulls set it 956 pieces, or 10.3 cents per piece.

That's slightly above average, but these aren't being produced in mass quantities like a Star Wars set, so the individual unit cost is higher.

Thanks for the review, I look forward to reading the Space Skulls review! *skull*

Anyone know when the sets will be available at S@H. I really want these sets, but don't have a Lego Shop near my house.

Anyone know when the sets will be available at S@H. I really want these sets, but don't have a Lego Shop near my house.

Yeah, me too.

Wow, the Transport is *wub*

I can finally pick up some more Space sets that don't contain Jellies, although, they do have their uses.

Great review, Dunamis! And Kudos to Chris Giddens, this is a wonderfully designed set.

Next: Coming to a LEGO store near you: Blacktron III and M:Tron II (Hopefully, Star Justice is really already a continuation of Space Police...) X-D :'-)

Absolutely awesome! I would have picked it up purely for the unique factor alone, but it is just such a cool set that there would be no objections for purchasing it. I think the price is (star) justified ;-) when you think of the production aspects. I'm not a huge space fan, but I appreciate this enough that I feel my purchase would be more like a donation, informing LEGO to keep the fan-creations coming!

The set itself is packed with everything you need to dish out some Justice...STAR Justice. Okay, I don't want to take sides just yet, because the Space Skulls set is eagerly awaited by more than just me. Thank you so much, Chris Giddens, because if these types of fan created sets are going to continue down the line, I couldn't think of a better way to start!

A decently good set, I do like the throwback to classic space. Though I do think that the price is far too high. It doesn't look like a 900 piece set; the 787 has more pieces that are generally larger but costs much less. I understand the high price is probably due to the limited run. I wonder if they got it down to a more reasonable price if it would be competitive as a retail set.

Designs are cool, but the stickers are particularly bad in this set (different color for stickers and torsos? Come on!) but there's not much to be done about it. I really hate the new logo. After seeing the resurgence of the classic space logo in both town figs and the MM line, I was hoping it would be in this set. Oh well.

Much like Cloud City and other high priced sets, I would only get this if I found it at a major discount.

A decently good set, I do like the throwback to classic space. Though I do think that the price is far too high. It doesn't look like a 900 piece set; the 787 has more pieces that are generally larger but costs much less. I understand the high price is probably due to the limited run. I wonder if they got it down to a more reasonable price if it would be competitive as a retail set.

Yes, that is the main issue I have with it. The piece count looks good on its own but that's due to all the fine details in everything, and the finished models aren't nearly as big as you would expect for the price. The presence of a lot of white (which is one of the colors Flextronics is having uniformity problems with) also means that I wouldn't want to spend that much money on it, at least not yet.

I think this set would be more successful if they had made it into a mainstream retail item, with a price reflecting that, instead of a Lego Factory set. As it is, I'll just see if I can find lower prices on ebay in a few months. I like pretty much everything about it except the price.

According to Brickjournal the releasedate is 16 April. So I assume the sets are going to show up on S@H in about three weeks.

Great reveiw! I would get this set but the price is too big..hmm anyway i'll have to see because it really has that classic space feel to it...

thanks for review, i doubt id get it cause i dont have that kind of cash. its pretty awsome i agree. i wanna see it s@H soon to see its sterling price and so factory gets updated. isnt in ironic people like this ( fan made) then mars mission ( TLC made)

Designs are cool, but the stickers are particularly bad in this set

Thanks. |-/

(different color for stickers and torsos? Come on!)

The Justice torsos have a white center with clear sides. We made them that way so you could put them on any color torso, for greater variety of use. Also, note how the White helmet goes with the white center portion of the torso sticker. There are blue stripes on either side. It does have a design to it.

The Skulls torso stickers are mostly clear with only red belts. They'll be useable on pretty much anything.

but there's not much to be done about it. I really hate the new logo. After seeing the resurgence of the classic space logo in both town figs and the MM line, I was hoping it would be in this set. Oh well.

The logo was designed to be like a Rangers star with the CS "swoosh" around it. It was supposed to be something new, with a reference to the old.

Edited by Grand Admiral

I really love these sets. While they aren't the MOC-in-a-box I hoped for (that is, I wanted a single ship), they are all great designs. I especially love the rover and the robots. But... I have to join the chorus of people who feel that these sets are a bit too expensive. It is a shame that Lego have decided that they would not sell well at retail as with the greater volume the price would probably be better. As it is, I will probably have to give these sets a miss... :'-(

Thanks for the great review Dunamis! *sweet*

Thanks for the wonderful review! I still have doubts over the sticker, but nevertheless, this is still a great set to collect. I believe it's worth to collect *sweet*

OK, first off, I fixed Admiral Giddens’ minifig so all is now correct in the Classic Space universe. *sweet*

10191-37.jpg

P.S. How cool it must be to have a minifig of yourself in a retail set that you designed!

On to more photos of the Interceptor (Hinkley’s request):

I really didn’t do this vehicle justice in my original photos. There are a lot of cool details here that you miss at first glance.

10191-38.jpg

10191-39.jpg

10191-40.jpg

10191-41.jpg

10191-42.jpg

10191-43.jpg

One thing I thought was neat is on the little radar display it shows a little tiny skull on the radar. I guess when you get to design your own sticker, you can put whatever you want on it. Nice little detail that ties in to the Space Skull set.

I’m about 80% through the Space Skull set and hope to have the review finished tonight.

Good Review I like it!

Wouldnt buy it though... X-D

Its nice but...

1. Im more into Baddies

2. To Pricey

3. If that was made with LDD, how comes we cant get the Cockpit Glass or Gray suits and helmets?

Anywho the thing I LOVE is the Little Spaceship! Hopefully we will be able to buy it seperatly? 8-|

Down with stickers!