Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

Mortar emplacement at Lavalette

To complement explosive boats and direct fire artillery, the foreigners, now identified as Royal Engineers, had brought with them plans and equipment for long range defences, and with the assistance local manpower an artillery platform for heavy siege mortars was quickly erected. Able to lop explosive bombs accurately over great distances, it would be a threat to any besieging fleet or moored vessel.

43425249691_bfba097a6f_c.jpg

The builders now gone, the Corlander engineers are drilling the local garrison in the use of the mortars. Being accustomed to direct fire artillery, the mathematics and fire control of indirect fire is taking some getting used to.

42708779254_d0f8643d81_c.jpg

One of the garrison has made the mistake of standing before the gun as it fires, disregarding the warning from the instructor.

28555333727_73c213410c_c.jpg

The nature of indirect fire means communication with nearby outposts is of the utmost importance, which means a semaphore has been set up in conjunction with the battery.

42708778674_2f0554db8b_c.jpg

Further, to aid in fire control a spotting tower with optical equipment allows correction of elevation and azimuth for the artillery.

42708778004_3f4039e6c9_c.jpg

wow as always, very impressive! I really like this one. So many care is taken into this build. Some things I want to give you credit for: the mortars (obviously), the semaphore which is awesome, but most of all the building is super-realistic and it matches with real Caribbean forts.

This is a nice one ... Hats off to that test fire shot lol... 

I really like the spotting tower as well

But arent they wearing the wrong uniforms and in the wrong settlement? Lol

Really nice build here Bregir! I love the mortars, the semaphore and the small towers on the two corners of the placement. A well thought out and brilliantly executed build! 

Nice fort, the towers are well built, and it's an excellent idea to include a semaphore, nice mortars too.

Thats 'a great one full of good stuff !! The observation tower is wonderful, great idea for the semaphore, the mortar are well rended too, and those bartizans :thumbup: !!