LM71Blackbird

[COR - FB - Class 5 ship] 14-gun merchant ship "Razorbill"

14-gun merchant ship "Razorbill"

The Quinnsville shipyards are hard at work during the summer months, and their most recently launched vessel is a 14-gun merchant frigate.

43491050751_af234d7e43_b.jpg14-gun Frigate 4 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

She has fourteen 8 pounders on the top deck which offer plenty of protection and has quite a bit of valuable cargo space.

43412327031_6870272d5c_b.jpg14-gun Frigate 3 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

She has a finely crafted stern and the crew are quite pleased with how she handles on the Brick Seas.

41604534760_20b5b2a6fc_b.jpg14-gun Frigate 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

----------------------------------

It's been a little while since I posted a ship build and I've had this one completed for a little while now. She's definitely not my best work in my opinion, but I believe she is ready to be launched into the Brick Seas. As usual, C&C are welcome and appreciated and thanks for looking!

That's fine ship with elegant lines, judging from the golden ornaments on the stern, the ship owner must be rich, interesting.:pir-classic:

3 hours ago, Bodi said:

That's fine ship with elegant lines, judging from the golden ornaments on the stern, the ship owner must be rich, interesting.:pir-classic:

Thanks! Well, IC Quinnsville''s mayor Richard Brickford is a wealthy man, so I'm sure he could have helped a bit on the gold embellishments.

3 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

Nice ship! Shouldn't there be an anchor though?

Thank you! That would probably be pretty helpful for a ship... Lol. I tend to forget about that small detail on some of my ships! :facepalm:

5 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

Nice ship! Shouldn't there be an anchor though?

She would only be able to be moored 

@LM71Blackbird

I like the execution on this one ... The sails are always impressive but theres alot of nice details in this.  I feel it fits the later part of the age of sail

Edited by Roadmonkeytj

I think it's a very nice ship! We need more merchants, so on you for building some!

The hull technique I particularly like!

I think you could have been a bit more varied in your colour scheme, it seems you're always using the same colours. This is not a naval vessel so there is no need for uniformity.

9 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

She would only be able to be moored 

@LM71Blackbird

I like the execution on this one ... The sails are always impressive but theres alot of nice details in this.  I feel it fits the later part of the age of sail

Oh, yeah. That would work too!

Thank you!

9 hours ago, Flavius Gratian said:

I think it's a very nice ship! We need more merchants, so on you for building some!

The hull technique I particularly like!

I think you could have been a bit more varied in your colour scheme, it seems you're always using the same colours. This is not a naval vessel so there is no need for uniformity.

Thank you very much!

True. I tend to lean towards the same colors. I'll work on branching out a little more!

8 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

Brilliant shaping on the hull and sails. Nice overall details. 

Thanks Spud!