The Simpsons Movie 2

So, it's finally happening: The Simpsons is getting a second film

Why now?

I find this pretty interesting considering the Disney/Fox merge 

Could Disney be behind this?

http://go.ign.com/VuHKzvX

Edited by Robert8

Exciting.  I love the Simpsons.

The Bob's Burgers movie might be even better.

I am wary of the Family Guy project.

I hope Sideshow Bob will appear this time

He is my fav character and I hated that his scenes in the first movie were deleted

3 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Maybe this will be the series finale. It's gone on for 30 seasons, I think it would be a good time to wrap things up.

I don't see why it needs to end, but you make a decent point.

I'm surprised that Groening is taking on such a big project considering he is also releasing a Netflix show soon.

I'm extremely indifferent towards the Simpsons, so sure, why not. The first one was decent, so I'll probably watch this one too.

I think the Simpsons was best early on and was great until the release of the first movie, which was also excellent. It worked as a series finale for me.

I sortve view everything after as extra so I don't get upset if the quality is up or down with new content. 

It may seem random but I've been rewatching M*A*S*H and one thing that makes that show so great is how it evolves. Characters grow, leave, are added and the story grows rather then stick to the sthick. I think the Simpsons missed an oportunity to grow.

Characters should've aged. Dynamics changed. It's a risk but honestly it doesn't feel right that now I'm much much older then Bart Simpson and at one point we were the same age at the same time.

I think the writers played it safe when the whole premise of the show was full of incredible risks.

HOWEVER I know there are people who enjoy the new stuff and that's great. More power to you and I hope the film is great as befitting a show like the Simpsons.

While I haven't watched the show in a while, I always enjoy it enough when I do.  But I wanted to comment on the idea of growing older.  Interestingly, I was roughly Bart's age when I began watching and he was the best and most interesting part of the show for me.  As I grew older, I began to relate more to Homer's character.  Because of this shift in perspective, I quite like how the characters have stayed the same while I have been changing.  It allows me to enjoy the show more on different levels.