BrickJagger

Lego Dots 2020

9 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

I really don't like the idea of super rare. Other than that, bring it on! (Though how many colors of BFF do they need?)

Series 1 "blind bag" wasn't totally blind, with a bit of luck you might spot the "extra rare" dot (I don't like the idea either).

And, not just luck but a bit of patience too. While looking at some S1 bags, each dot printing was facing the wrong way.

10 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

I really don't like the idea of super rare. Other than that, bring it on! (Though how many colors of BFF do they need?)

Since that "super rare" one is actually in the mega pack and not a blind bag (The Brick Fan mixed up the images), I can only assume it just means that there's only one of them in the set compared to other more plentiful printed tiles (and the fact that each comes as extra should mean that there'll actually be two).

The BFF tiles are also in the mega pack, so there's one color for each bracelet in the pack.

Edited by Lyichir

I do like that they continue to offer those bit larger packs by subject with those sorting trays.

Generally that keeps the price lower and those 3 sets listed at €20 seems very reasonable for the content. (not just PPP ratio)

Of course they still get bracelets and other sets with rare/exclusive tiles, but those photo frames/jewelery box type sets are nice to see.

Also a way to get multiple bracelets at once for less via that mega-pack.

Also sets like that Desk Organizer could easily be integrated into actual City/Creator structures, using plates with 1x1 tiles as mosaic walls.

Edited by TeriXeri

8 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Since that "super rare" one is actually in the mega pack and not a blind bag (The Brick Fan mixed up the images), I can only assume it just means that there's only one of them in the set compared to other more plentiful printed tiles (and the fact that each comes as extra should mean that there'll actually be two).

The BFF tiles are also in the mega pack, so there's one color for each bracelet in the pack.

Fingers crossed there is one in each pack. 

The mystic forest set does indeed have glow in the dark tiles! We haven’t seen those since Mixels and even then those were printed.

It’s a real shame that the lavender bracelet is in the Mystic forest set and not the Friendship pack. Now all of us who have the Dark Unicorn bracelet will have a multiple of a colour. :sadnew: The medium lavender looks out of place with the other pastels too! :P 

The missing set numbers are:

• 41909 Mermaid Bracelet
  • 41910 Friendship Ice Cream Bracelet 
  • 41911 “Go For It!” Bracelet  
  • 41918 Adventure Bracelet

Any chance 41918 will be Adventurers based? :wub_drool:

On 5/17/2020 at 11:52 AM, Soupperson1 said:

41911 “Go For It!” Bracelet  

Spoiler

41911_alt1.jpg

Some intriguingly minimalist designs on this one. Hopefully pictures of the others will be posted soon.

The August (?) sets leaked! 

They use a new style of bracelet with one row of 14 studs instead of two rows. There’s two of these in each set:

• 41909 has aqua and dark blue bracelets. There’s teal and silver quarter tiles and blue opal and lavender 1x1 round plates. The prints are a white quarter tile with an opal coloured mermaid scale and a transparent blue 1x1 teeth plate with a white shell print. 
  • 41910 has the bracelets in cool yellow and light pink, there’s also quarter tiles in these colours. There’s yellow, pink, transparent yellow and what I believe to be pink opal 1x1 round tiles. I’m in love with the prints! 1x1 teeth pieces in light yellow and light pink with sprinkles on top. There’s also 1x1 plates with smiley faces and the end of the cone to go beneath. 
  • What I believe to be 41918 has these bracelets in orange and teal. There’s coral, light yellow, green and coral quarter tie pieces and medium azure and flame yellowish orange 1x1 round tiles. I’m a bit confused what some of the prints are meant to be: there’s definitely a 1x1 flame yellowish Orange plate as a fox, 1x1 medium azure one as a bear and they have matching quarter tie pieces in their colours below saying bff. Then there’s a camera and compas 1x1 round tiles? I’m not exactly sure. 

These look very intriguing! Looks like DOTs is sticking around for a while! 

I might post a general topic outside here, but has anyone had any idea for bracelet extensions / extenders? I tried a search but don't see anything. I'm a dude and the last hole on these is too tight. I got the black one to try it out. I cobbled together two 2x2 square plates with hole and two blue LEGO rubber bands, and it kinda works, but I bet there is something nicer / easier. It also means the peg presses against my skin. I suppose there are real jewelry extenders. Oh well, I can at least use it as an constraction figure bandolier if nothing else! :P

On 6/5/2020 at 8:16 PM, TheWarden said:

I might post a general topic outside here, but has anyone had any idea for bracelet extensions / extenders? I tried a search but don't see anything. I'm a dude and the last hole on these is too tight. I got the black one to try it out. I cobbled together two 2x2 square plates with hole and two blue LEGO rubber bands, and it kinda works, but I bet there is something nicer / easier. It also means the peg presses against my skin. I suppose there are real jewelry extenders. Oh well, I can at least use it as an constraction figure bandolier if nothing else! :P

I think just a single rubber band could work, looping it through the last hole and around the peg, though that wouldn't solve the problem of the peg pressing against your skin. 

On 6/1/2020 at 6:33 PM, Soupperson1 said:

The August (?) sets leaked! 

They use a new style of bracelet with one row of 14 studs instead of two rows. There’s two of these in each set:

• 41909 has aqua and dark blue bracelets. There’s teal and silver quarter tiles and blue opal and lavender 1x1 round plates. The prints are a white quarter tile with an opal coloured mermaid scale and a transparent blue 1x1 teeth plate with a white shell print. 
  • 41910 has the bracelets in cool yellow and light pink, there’s also quarter tiles in these colours. There’s yellow, pink, transparent yellow and what I believe to be pink opal 1x1 round tiles. I’m in love with the prints! 1x1 teeth pieces in light yellow and light pink with sprinkles on top. There’s also 1x1 plates with smiley faces and the end of the cone to go beneath. 
  • What I believe to be 41918 has these bracelets in orange and teal. There’s coral, light yellow, green and coral quarter tie pieces and medium azure and flame yellowish orange 1x1 round tiles. I’m a bit confused what some of the prints are meant to be: there’s definitely a 1x1 flame yellowish Orange plate as a fox, 1x1 medium azure one as a bear and they have matching quarter tie pieces in their colours below saying bff. Then there’s a camera and compas 1x1 round tiles? I’m not exactly sure. 

These look very intriguing! Looks like DOTs is sticking around for a while! 

Can I ask where one might find these pictures?

18 hours ago, tafkatb said:

I think just a single rubber band could work, looping it through the last hole and around the peg, though that wouldn't solve the problem of the peg pressing against your skin. 

Can I ask where one might find these pictures?

They seem to be in the official summer LEGO catalog. Check out Promobricks’ Instagram. They have photos of them.

On 9/24/2020 at 5:37 AM, Lego-Freak said:

Bricklink has listed a couple of Dots I haven’t seen before, are these from 2021 sets or have I missed something?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=24246pb006#T=C&C=1

Whoa, I don't recognize these at all. Great spotting!

I wouldn't be surprised if the square and half-circle tiles added to the BrickLink catalog on the 17th are ones that will make their in-set debut in one of the rumored 2021 sets, 41923 Monster Bracelets. Not sure what set the more abstract patterns on those quarter-circle tiles would be intended for, though.

All of these parts were added to the database by one German BrickLink seller who added a bunch of already released printed and unprinted Dots tiles to their storefront at the same time, all in fairly limited quantities. So I suspect they probably obtained them via some mixed lot (like, say, from LEGOLAND Deutschland's Pick-A-Brick area), rather than finding actual unrevealed sets on store shelves.

14 hours ago, Aanchir said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the square and half-circle tiles added to the BrickLink catalog on the 17th are ones that will make their in-set debut in one of the rumored 2021 sets, 41923 Monster Bracelets.

I forgot that one of the upcoming bracelets will be monster-themed, so that at least explains the yeti-looking prints :thumbup:I wonder where the halfcircle tile with the •  ̮• face is from though... Maybe the new blind bag series? I suppose the third series will continue the trend of including one specific type of 1x1 tile, so maybe it‘s  a series of 1x1 halfcircle tiles? Or maybe it‘s 1x1 quarter-circles, which would also make sense considering the other „leaked“ tiles

14 hours ago, Aanchir said:

So I suspect they probably obtained them via some mixed lot (like, say, from LEGOLAND Deutschland's Pick-A-Brick area), rather than finding actual unrevealed sets on store shelves.

That‘d be my guess too. I can‘t imagine the seller withholding pictures of the sets themselves if they got their hands on them, so they‘re quite likely parts that accidentally got into circulation too early :shrug_oh_well:

I'm remembering a shield that got lot of circulation before it was revealed that it was a Pick-A-Brick exclusive print. This part could be the same, and probably had been in production for distribution to LEGO Stores well before the pandemic.

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 5:37 AM, Lego-Freak said:

Bricklink has listed a couple of Dots I haven’t seen before, are these from 2021 sets or have I missed something?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=24246pb006#T=C&C=1

I think they've appeared in sets though I don't know which...

44 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

I think they've appeared in sets though I don't know which...

If they had appeared in official sets, there would almost certainly be sellers with them to sell on bricklink.

Should somebody make a 2021 topic now that there are pictures?

Lots of interesting things in the next wave, including locking boxes/drawers, cupcakes, new 3D diamond and star tiles, and half-width bracelets.

Cupcakes certainly gets my vote for being the most creative set of early 2021, it's just a great idea for a LEGO set.

3 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

Curl cakes are awesome- are those Pom Poms to keep inside them and- wristbands? Reminds me of play-doh cupcake sets :laugh:

The "non Lego" contents in those pictures typically aren't actually included. For the dots sets that are used as storage accessories, a lot of the pictures often include those sorts of things as examples of how the sets can be used.

The 3D tiles in the Extra Dots Series 3 (and Starlight Bracelets) are super intriguing! I wonder what other shapes we might see with this technique.

I do hope they'll continue to make 2-wide bracelets as well; the 1-wide ones are cool too but I wouldn't want them to be the only option going forward.

28 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

The 3D tiles in the Extra Dots Series 3 (and Starlight Bracelets) are super intriguing! I wonder what other shapes we might see with this technique.

I do hope they'll continue to make 2-wide bracelets as well; the 1-wide ones are cool too but I wouldn't want them to be the only option going forward.

Same here. The 1-wide bracelets have advantages and disadvantages. Including two per pack means that a single pack will be good for sharing with friends and family (or for linking together if your wrists are too wide for a single bracelet), and the reduced size will likely make printed tiles like the ones in the Extra Dots packs stand out a little more, but I imagine it'll be harder to do complex mosaics/patterns with just one stud of width.

Attn @TheWarden: my Bracelet Mega Pack arrived today so I've started experimenting with linking multiple bracelets together. Two bracelets combined at their shortest points are still way bigger than a single one at its longest point, but if you're ok with a slightly weird-looking solution, three bracelets combined and then wrapped around the wrist twice gets you just a little bit of extra circumference. upshot of this is you get way more surface area to decorate! Another solution I thought of, but daren't yet try out, is making an extender by cutting the first couple inches off the peg end of a bracelet and punching a hole in it.

Some new stuff coming next March!

Spoiler

55506_BC_1HY_2021_-_NZ_35.jpeg

Confirms the two-wide bracelets will continue - unfortunately no new colors for those, but another black one will probably be appreciated since it's the most versatile color they've made so far. Interestingly, the Series 4 Extra DOTS seem to be geared more toward the bag tags than the bracelets.