BrickJagger

Lego Dots 2020

Big W now has DOTS in stock as of Late February! :grin::grin::grin:

88035232_3032374620135774_80190971888376

For Bricklink sellers, the plastic cases here for example can be re-purposed into great lunchboxes!:sweet:
Now I'm allowed to use my debit card more often (as long as I have sufficient balance!), I might buy one per week, sort the pieces out and then sell the cases for a profit!

On 1/28/2020 at 12:26 PM, pombe said:

Will I try to MOC something with the bracelets?  Yes, but it probably won't be any good

Maybe making the bracelet as narrow as possible, it could loop around the stem of a wine glass, to identify whose glass is whose. :) 

Got my first Dots sets yesterday! So far I've only opened up the Cosmic Wonder bracelet but really love it and have had a lot of fun customizing it!

Are "wishlist" type ideas okay to share here? Because if so I've had several things come to mind that I'd love to see in the future.

• A Dots set with 1x1 letter, number, and symbol tiles. Lego did release black tiles with that sort of printing several years back in a business card holder set, but I wouldn't mind a new take on those—maybe something a bit more fun, like 1x1 round tiles. Being able to customize things like a bracelet with your name or a message would be awesome!
  • More bracelet colors! I'm sure we'll get more of those this year since there's still enough set numbers allocated for a summer or fall wave. I'd love to see more basic colors like white as well as maybe even metallic colors like gold, silver, and copper!
  • More colors of tiles! It surprised me recently that the 1x1 quarter round tile doesn't yet come in Bright Blue. As the Dots theme continues I'm sure we'll get plenty of additional colors for those sorts of parts.
  • More printed tiles! The "surprise charms" in the extra Dots packs are great but they've only scratched the surface of the wide variety of emoji and symbols out there.
  • Maybe seasonal themes? A "spooky" bracelet for Halloween (with tiles representing things like Jack-O-Lanterns) or a wintery bracelet for Christmas (with tiles representing things like snowmen that you could mix and match) could both be really neat!
  • More accessories for customization! Lego released iPhone cases a few years back and that sort of thing would go great with the Dots theme as well. The same goes for things like watches—a watch with a band like the Dots bracelets would be far superior in terms of customization and Lego compatibility to the hard plastic watches Lego has licensed for several years.

Definitely more tiles on the way:

DOTS-tiles-coming.jpg

From the Creativity Box; not in pic is Avocado and Grapefruit sliced.

On January 29, 2020 at 2:09 AM, makoy said:

As for those folks saying it won't sell -- clearly,  they are not the target market. I know a lot fathers out there who will buy this for their daughters, immediately, when DOTS is released. I can also see buying these just for the parts but the entry point for these products is cheaper than I initially thought, it may actually sell well enough to warrant multiple series or waves.

Speaking as the father of a four-year-old girl who is constantly raiding my parts cabinets for 1x1 tiles for her "mosaics" I think it's pretty obvious where the idea for this product line came from and that, yes, it will sell to a certain audience and no, that audience is not most AFOLs (at least not in bulk).  While I'm not sure I'd even pick one up as a parts pack for myself, my little one has already already seen the ads and is pestering me to "make sure the Easter Bunny knows" she wants the big set ( and maybe a few bracelets too).

Wow these sell quickly. Everything “dots” except one thing is on back order here. I will load up on those tiles and hopefully we get series 2 of the filler packs soon. 

Has anyone found any dots sets in the US anywhere other than Lego stores? My daughter wants to get some of these (I do too!) and we cannot find them anywhere. Unfortunately the nearest Lego store is a couple hundred miles away...

13 minutes ago, sithewok said:

Has anyone found any dots sets in the US anywhere other than Lego stores? My daughter wants to get some of these (I do too!) and we cannot find them anywhere. Unfortunately the nearest Lego store is a couple hundred miles away...

Joanne Fabrics and Michael's. Although, when I went to Michael's 2 days ago, they weren't set out yet, but they were willing to get what I wanted from the back. Both websites showed them in stock.

1 hour ago, vermontcathy said:

Joanne Fabrics and Michael's. Although, when I went to Michael's 2 days ago, they weren't set out yet, but they were willing to get what I wanted from the back. Both websites showed them in stock.

Thank you!  I wouldn't have even thought to check either of those places. 

Edit: and our Michaels lists them as being in stock so we orderedsome for in store pick up. Fingers crossed. Thanks again.

Edited by sithewok

On 3/4/2020 at 4:16 PM, Lyichir said:
  • More printed tiles! The "surprise charms" in the extra Dots packs are great but they've only scratched the surface of the wide variety of emoji and symbols out there.

And alphabet / letter tiles too, so names can be added.

4 hours ago, MAB said:

And alphabet / letter tiles too, so names can be added.

I mentioned those right above that suggestion!

I cant believe thats fake

It looks so official *oh2*

I would buy many of those bags

I was actually going to say, if LEGO is getting into mass production of stickered tiles, I'd love to get a set geared towards classic themes. I want some Classic Space tiles, arrow tiles, computer consoles, Black Falcons, Wolf Pack, etc...

I guess that sort of thinking is all just a joke tho...

On 4/1/2020 at 8:03 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

The greatest news I've ever read was an April fool's joke.

[DarthVader]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!![/DarthVader]

I had plans for that Classic Space tile!

The Brick Fan has pictures of the next wave of Dots sets!

Especially exciting are the Bracelet Mega Pack with its own set of printed round tiles* including ones that are exclusive to the set, as well as five bracelets (four of which are new), the Extra Dots Series 2 pack (with square printed tiles* instead of round ones), the Magic Forest bracelet (which repeats the bracelet color of the Sparkly Unicorn set but makes up for it with new colors of gem tiles, glow-in-the-dark tiles, and some wonderfully Elves-esque prints), and the Power bracelet (with another fun new color of bracelet and some bold-colored parts). I notice also that the mega pack is the first set in the theme to feature male models on the boxart!

*The Brick Fan has mixed up the pictures of the printed tiles from the Mega Pack and Extra Dots Series 2, but you can tell from the other images which tiles go with which

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

The Brick Fan has pictures of the next wave of Dots sets!

Thanks for the heads up. So these are legit:

Extra-DOTS-Series-2-41916-2.jpg

That is totally the space ship from the Classic Space logo!

I really don't like the idea of super rare. Other than that, bring it on! (Though how many colors of BFF do they need?)