BrickJagger

Lego Dots 2020

I see no LEGO in any of the pictures in that ad. Was the quality problem that the parts weren't invisible enough, but now they've achieved 100% invisibility?

So yeah, the rumors of Dots being some sort of Clikits reboot were true. If they have interesting pieces that I could use in my MOCs, maybe I will pick up one or two of the sets.

Edited by Lego David

There is an Spanish Toyshop web that talks about slap braceletes with studs and bags of 1x1 round plates in a post of 2019

The only thing that worries me is if actual "lego dots" have enough clutch for not flying away when you slap your bracelet

From what I see so far this might be more of a revived Scala with tiles and not pure clickits.

I don't know if those things pictured are even parts of the sets themselves as they hardly look like LEGO, but the Dots logo certainly uses 1x1 tile shapes.

Talking about the top-right smaller picture here , those look like generic beads and not part of the line, just guessing here based on the other pictures.

Untitled_202001081331.png

Edited by TeriXeri

So, according to @Zusammengebaut, Dots will be officially presented tomorrow at Nuremberg...

Zusammengebaut - LEGO Shows All Innovations at the Toy Fair: We Report Live from Nuremberg

LEGO will present its new LEGO Dots theme as early as the morning press preview . Photos and videos are allowed! The announcement says: “Experiment. Break rules. Rethink. Individual self-expression needs an intuitive, creative language. A new playing area."

Well here it is, The first look at DOTS

Edited by AMD

Those studded bracelets look like fun parts. If they're cheap enough, maybe I'll pick up a few of them. It would have liked it more if it had more specialized parts instead of just printed tiles, but hey, it's still something. 

I'm gonna lie but this one is the most interesting to me.

I am interested on the container / part sorter for some odd reason.

Also, rainbow poop!

So . . um . . what the hell?

With my initial reaction out of the way . . yeah, I have genuinely no idea what to think about this. This is not something I ever expected to see. 

If nothing else, I like the pineapple pencil holder set. That would look nice on my desk at work. Or on my desk at home. Or on my LEGO workbench. The photo holders are pretty cute too, and . . I have no idea what I could possibly use the jewellery holder for (given all my money goes towards LEGO, not jewellery), but it does look cool. 

Oh, and I fully expect some clever MOCcers will put the bracelet parts to some creative use. 

2 hours ago, AMD said:

Well here it is, The first look at DOTS

There's already a well-established topic for this theme... :wink:

7 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

There's already a well-established topic for this theme... :wink:

Didn't know that it exist or maybe I just found out last year that I didn't bother to read the post because it did not appeal to me for the first time.

Oh well at least someone can merge this topic into one then.

26 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

Noice!!!! :wub_drool: 

Even the emoji ones are kinda cool. Maybe we'll get letter tiles!

A letter pack would be cool. They’d have to include international characters tho (à é ø etc) but hey just toss in a few of those in the pack. :).

what I find weird from all the dots pictures is I don’t see any 1x1 heart tiles. I expected those to be a big part of this theme. I haven’t played around much with them but are they problematic next to other 1x1 tiles?

Meh maybe for series 2

just noticed new “iridescent 1x1 diamond tiles”

Edited by Megbricks
Add info

I can imagine how the ads would potentially be like: Just replace Clikits with DOTS and the slogan "click it your way" to "Dot it your way" :tongue: or "Do it your way" :wink:

Edited by AMD

What even is this?

I dont really see it selling well, except for the printed 1x1 tiles bag. That I will get

I don't know why people say this won't sell. I'm getting several booster packs and I'm 4 times older than anyone who would wear it. 99 pieces and 10 printed pieces for $4. Yes please.

Edited by Maple

So before the Clickits memes start, let's remind us of the actual good version of Scala from 1979/1980.

So this is basicly Scala 1.0 - Remastered, 40 years later.

I predicted a theme using tiles earlier and the Logo even made that more certain.

And I mean this type of Scala , not the late 90s "Barbie" version.

I remember having the parts of set 308, used those tiles many years later still for decorations.

1979 : 

308-1.jpg?201001040304313-2.jpg?201001040304312-2.jpg?201001040304

41900-1.jpg?20200128025841903-1.jpg?20200128032141902-1.jpg?202001280318

https://brickset.com/article/48625/lego-dots-official-images

Also love the other sets and parts packs for sure, great way to get 1x1 curved tiles and prints.

Edited by TeriXeri

Do I like tiles?  Yes

Do I like printed tiles?  Yes

Do I like getting lots of tiles and printed tiles?  Yes

Is my wallet going to hurt?  Yes

Will I try to MOC something with the bracelets?  Yes, but it probably won't be any good

42 minutes ago, pombe said:

Do I like tiles?  Yes

Do I like printed tiles?  Yes

Do I like getting lots of tiles and printed tiles?  Yes

Is my wallet going to hurt?  Yes

Will I try to MOC something with the bracelets?  Yes, but it probably won't be any good

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Maybe...

I get the feeling Lego Dots will get an extra demographic audience....the tile loving AFOL who likes to MOC and play around with new Pieces.

I´m quite exited for the new Theme as well. Those Various tiles will be perfect for billboards, signs etc. Oh and the Emojis will most likely end up as headlight covers for 4x4s.