BrickJagger

Lego Dots 2020

29 minutes ago, RocketRaccoolbeans said:

Lego 41973 Candyland snap blue bracelet

Lego 41975 Confetti Tiles(edited)

Hmm, snap bracelets and ‘confetti tiles’? What’s a confetti tile? 

22 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

Hmm, snap bracelets and ‘confetti tiles’? What’s a confetti tile? 

I’m assuming it’s a way they’ll be branding packs of assorted 1x1 tiles for decorating the bigger sets, like the upcoming 1x1 round tiles in many transparent glitter colors, or the variously shaped 1x1 tiles with rainbow and unicorn patterns (previously leaked at https://www.brickinside.com/ but since taken down).

2 hours ago, Aanchir said:

I’m assuming it’s a way they’ll be branding packs of assorted 1x1 tiles for decorating the bigger sets, like the upcoming 1x1 round tiles in many transparent glitter colors, or the variously shaped 1x1 tiles with rainbow and unicorn patterns (previously leaked at https://www.brickinside.com/ but since taken down).

That sounds pretty cool, actually :classic:

21 minutes ago, jhuyser said:

This theme has been shockingly quite, maybe its canned?

Been wondering the same, also I forget is AL and Dots suppose to be the same theme or different? 

On 4/25/2019 at 10:42 AM, jhuyser said:

This theme has been shockingly quite, maybe its canned?

Well, remember what came of this rumor? 

Yeah, nothing apparently. :def_shrug:

Hidden Side pretty much came out of nowhere, so some themes are still kept under wraps fairly well until the right time.

Wouldn't surprise me if more info comes during Summer around the typical August wave of sets. (and before the Winter 2020 rumors)

Right now the May/June wave is pretty saturated across a lot of themes.

Edited by TeriXeri

Unfortunately I saw a Brickset news comment a month or so ago from a UK independent toy store owner who received an e–mail from LEGO was not releasing Dots this year due to discovering an unexpected quality issue with the new material they intended to use. It's not clear from his comments whether the e–mail gave any clarity about whether the theme was merely postponed or cancelled entirely.

Just a couple days ago, the patent application for the LEGO Dots snap bracelets was published.

Inside the Trafalgar Square set from LEGO Architecture, you can see at least two 1x1 rainbow tile patterns that were, as far as I can tell, originally intended for LEGO Dots. So at least some of those parts might still make their way to us via other sets regardless of what the theme's ultimate fate turns out to be.

4 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Just a couple days ago, the patent application for the LEGO Dots snap bracelets was published.

Interesting, seems like a modern take on the old Scala theme as I expected.

I know when I was a kid there we must have had 2 of those, going by the parts mixed in our family's LEGO.

308-1.png 

Edited by TeriXeri

22 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

This guy here is just jumping to conclusions, right? :shrug_confused:

Plus, I'm assuming that logo isn't real?

I hope that’s not true! Isn’t that the western style writing on the logo?

Well brickset posted an article with the new parts added for the summer sets something interesting on page one is 4 printed 1x1 square tiles that have rainbows and a unicorn, well I don't know if they are just from a summer set and I have never noticed yet but first thought I had was they were meant for dots but instead of getting rid of them maybe they will be for sale through bricks and pieces just to get rid of stock? 

53 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

Well brickset posted an article with the new parts added for the summer sets something interesting on page one is 4 printed 1x1 square tiles that have rainbows and a unicorn, well I don't know if they are just from a summer set and I have never noticed yet but first thought I had was they were meant for dots but instead of getting rid of them maybe they will be for sale through bricks and pieces just to get rid of stock? 

They’re from the Trafalgar Square set. That said, I doubt it’s a matter of shoehorning them into a set to get rid of them, but rather a case where the parts were intended to be reused in that set all along, but ended up debuting there due to the delay/cancellation of the Dots theme.

On 5/12/2019 at 10:22 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

This guy here is just jumping to conclusions, right? :shrug_confused:

Yes, it is pure speculation. He doesn't like LEGO jewellery, he doesn't think it would sell well and so that is why it is "cancelled".

I would imagine LEGO put some thought into whether a product would sell well before designing it, planning it, having it in retailer catalogues, producing parts, etc. It is unlikely for them to do all that then think, this won't sell well so we'll can it.

Much more likely that there has been some problems with the performance rather than projected sales - now my speculation -  given it is a slap bracelet, I wonder if there has been issues with parts falling off when slapped around the wrist or when it is straightened again, or failing testing in that it hurts too much when slapped or possibilities of children doing it around a neck causing injuries. Of course, all things that should have been ironed out earlier in the process but clearly something has gone wrong.

11 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

The theme is coming in winter.

Winter 2019 or 2020? Also, is the line's name definitely DOTs? :shrug_confused:

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Winter 2019 or 2020? Also, is the line's name definitely DOTs? :shrug_confused:

2020 probably. And yes.

When is winter 2020?

As Winter for us is Dec - Feb, so the next winter is 2019/20.

8 minutes ago, MAB said:

When is winter 2020?

As Winter for us is Dec - Feb, so the next winter is 2019/20.

Next January. 

So, in 5.5 months from now

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Next January. 

So, in 5.5 months from now

That is what I was thinking, but then it cannot be Winter 2019 as that is in the past!

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

We've finally got some names...

If "Dark Unicorn Bracelet" turns out to be only half as good as it sounds, it'd still be great. :wink::grin:

Thanks to @StoneWarsDE, I think we can safely rename this topic LEGO Dots 2020... :classic:

StoneWars - LEGO Catalog 2020: A First Look at the German Catalog

The LEGO catalog for the first half of 2020 officially announces the LEGO Dots series for the first time, which is due to be launched in March. The sets were originally announced for 2019, but have been postponed due to quality problems (as we heard from unofficial sources). In March 2020 it should be ready and the new version of a LEGO jewelry line will be launched.

lego-dots-2020.jpg