BrickJagger

Lego Dots 2020

Just a thought: Given the price range only seems to go up to $20, and the high number of sets, that might rule out an Elves replacement. However, Mixels was also in the 41- range.

Maybe AL stands for "Alien Life" and the sets are Mixel-like aliens? Would that make it a Space theme? I could see TLG trying that out as a sort of low-budget test run to see if Space is commercially viable while SW is still churning out films.

Is it possible that these nine sets, as many as they may be, perhaps aren't definitive of this line's price range? Maybe what we've heard of so far may only be covering the first wave's polybag sets and lower priced sets? :shrug_confused:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Is it possible that these nine sets, as many as they may be, perhaps aren't definitive of this line's price range? Maybe what we've heard of so far may only be covering the first wave's polybag sets and lower priced sets? :shrug_confused:

Polybags start with 30.

6 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Just a thought: Given the price range only seems to go up to $20, and the high number of sets, that might rule out an Elves replacement. However, Mixels was also in the 41- range.

Maybe AL stands for "Alien Life" and the sets are Mixel-like aliens? Would that make it a Space theme? I could see TLG trying that out as a sort of low-budget test run to see if Space is commercially viable while SW is still churning out films.

Look.... it could be but I wouldn't bet my money on it: there are already 2 brand new space themes for 2019: Star Wars IX and The LEGO Movie 2

Accessory line? 

Like customising accessories?

It would really fit; with the $20 being the jewellery box. 

Edited by Lego-fire

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The acronym wouldn't make any sense, but the set numbers and prices would fit, wouldn't they?

Hmm, honestly, it sounds like we have our culprit if you ask me. :shrug_confused:

Brick Fanatics has received information suggesting that LEGO iCreate will launch in January 2019 as a new jewellery based theme.

Fifteen years ago, the LEGO Group sought to appeal to girls with the Clikits theme. Brick Fanatics has heard rumours that a similar theme will be launched in 2019, with the name LEGO iCreate.

A mix of products will come under the theme’s umbrella, but they will not be minifigure or mini-doll scale. The main sets are expected to be bands, that can then be accessorised with LEGO pieces, some traditional and some specially created for the new concept. Two different types of bands will be available, with a regular assortment and also a bling bag version at a lower price point.

For those looking for a bit more construction, higher priced products will involve trinket and jewellery boxes that need to be built before they can be used. A key selling point for the range will be personalisation.

Um . . . this is not where I thought this was going . . . so, Lego jewellery?

Aren't they already making those little Friends bracelets that you get at the Lego Shop? This sounds . . like I'm not going to have to worry about assigning a portion of my budget to 'AL'. All the more for Overwatch and TLM2! 

44 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Um . . . this is not where I thought this was going . . . so, Lego jewellery?

This has been attempted twice by Lego in the past, first with Scala (1979-1980 and 1997-2001) and Clikits (2003-2006). With lifespans like that, I'm not sure if TLG considers those predecessors to be moderate successes, especially for themes of that scale. 

Well, as for this latest iteration of the jewelry line, perhaps AFOLs may gain at least some interesting recolors and/or new small parts from it. We'll just have to wait and see I suppose. :shrug_confused:

52 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, as for this latest iteration of the jewelry line, perhaps AFOLs may gain at least some interesting recolors and/or new small parts from it.

I wonder if they will stick to the typical Friends colours, or if they dare to take on more realistic colours: Warm Gold, Silver Metallic, Copper Metallic, or even their metallized or chromed equivalents. 

Excuse me if I'm rather disappointed by this revelation. If this does turn out to be a jewelry line, then it's just another line for me to not get excited for.

Seems like Lego has been occupying a smaller and smaller portion of my budget in recent years...

EDIT: AL... Accessory Line?

Edited by Kalhiki

If this is happening, maybe it has to do with the minidolls in TLM2 setline as they don't want to take away sales from that but also still want some girly theme?

4 hours ago, Kalhiki said:

Excuse me if I'm rather disappointed by this revelation. If this does turn out to be a jewelry line, then it's just another line for me to not get excited for.

Seems like Lego has been occupying a smaller and smaller portion of my budget in recent years...

EDIT: AL... Accessory Line?

Yup, this is a big disappointment. For the first time in a long time, I'm going to spend $50 or less on the entirety of next year's winter sets, at that will all go to TLM2. After that, all I can hope for is that CMF Series 18 is normal and the very slim possibility of a Castle theme in the summer. :sceptic:

Honestly even with that possibility I'm still interested. With Elves ending I'm hoping to be able to continue making MOCs in that universe, and a line like this (that seems like it could very well include a fair share of gems or similar detail elements) could definitely stand a chance of being able to supplement those without necessarily replacing it as a theme I'd be driven to collecting all of.

Y'now, come to think of it, this might be why they introduced those new trans ruby elements (part 35649) that form the Elvenstar over in the Elves theme. Those sure do look like jewels . . 

Unless we should wait for further confirmation that "AL" is indeed this rumored iCreate line, should this topic be moved to the Special LEGO Themes subforum?

On 8/11/2018 at 10:05 AM, Kalhiki said:

I'd love a new Constraction theme, but Constraction sets have never been that cheap. Unless they happen to be overhauling the engineering and it's not CCBS? Maybe something with more System presence?

Too early to tell. But I do like these prices. Looks like it'll be very affordable and impulse purchase-y. Hopefully the line itself is something worth looking forward to (and it's not another license).

EDIT: The prices also have me curious. Usually the higher the set number, the more expensive. which means the most expensive set is at $20. Assuming this is all we get for the first wave, that's kind of surprising. Could it be there are three price points? AL1-3 being $6, 4-6 at $15, and 7-9 being $20? This also lines up with Constraction's usual formula, but again. The prices feel really cheap to be Constraction...

These prices are not out of the range of constraction. Star Wars constraction was much more expensive than a normal constraction set. That being said this would be a sizesble downscale compared to what we’re used to, unless it were to use a new system.

Edit: seems I’m a couple days behind on this topic lol. Sorry if this is completely irrelevant.

Edited by Cyclone_37

Isn't there supposed to be a new Aladdin live-action film due out next year? 

On 8/14/2018 at 9:00 AM, cooperace12 said:

Heared AL could mean Activision Licence which would make sense regarding the Overwatch sets.....

I don't think this would be it, as Overwatch sets already seem to have some info leaked about them. Plus no other licensed set as yet has used a code that indicates it's a company's license. I'd love to have this many Overwatch sets in an initial wave, but I don't imagine that we actually will.

And we didn't get sets based on Beauty and the Beast, Maleficent and Cinderella live action films 

Why would Aladdin be any different?