BrickJagger

Lego Dots 2020

According to an Instagram user who has been leaking 2019 sets, there will be a new theme coming next year that was abbreviated on BrickSeek as "AL". There will be at least nine sets in the first wave, and three of the sets will be priced at $5.99, $14.99 and $19.99 respectively.

I'm posting this here because I'm fairly sure that it will be an Action theme and I don't think there's a topic for it yet.

Speculate away! :classic:

Edited by BrickJagger
typo

Since the set numbers start with "41", I believe that means that this will be a minidoll theme, and therefore the replacement for Elves (since it seems unlikely that it will continue into 2019). 

As for what "AL" stands for, could it just be "Action License" or something like that?

7 minutes ago, JasonEffex said:

Since the set numbers start with "41", I believe that means that this will be a minidoll theme, and therefore the replacement for Elves (since it seems unlikely that it will continue into 2019).

Unikitty and BrickHeadz sets have 41*** numbers too.

53 minutes ago, JasonEffex said:

As for what "AL" stands for, could it just be "Action License" or something like that?

Where did you see set numbers?

Here is the list of stuff for this al 

41971- AL 1 (????)

41972- AL 2 (????)

41973- AL 3 ($6.00)

41974- AL 4(????)

41975- AL 5 (???)

41976- AL 6 ($15)

41977- AL 7 (????)

41978- AL 8 (????)

41979- AL 9 ($20)

also it most likely stands for action licenses now that I think about it

Edited by Falconfan1414

I still stand with my first guess; Adventurer's League. 

But if it is mini-dolls, hmm . . Awesome Ladies? 

. . . I'll think about it some more . . 

Since the prices all seem fairly low, with the largest set being $20, it could be a new constraction theme...

Other than that, I have no idea.

Edited by NetherCreeper
Spelling

17 minutes ago, NetherCreeper said:

Since the prices all seem fairly low, with the largest set being $20, it could be a new constraction theme...

Other than that, I have no idea.

A constraction theme with a 6$ set? Doesn't seem all that likely, but who knows at this point...

Are we quite certain that these numbers are definitely for an in-house theme, and not some sort of licensed line, whether it be new or preexisting? :shrug_confused:

5 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I still stand with my first guess; Adventurer's League. 

I'm not even holding my breath for this to be an in-house theme, as I'm expecting for it at the worst to be just another licensed line. But, I'm at least crossing my fingers, especially for a return to Adventurers. :purrr:

Well, are there any licenses that 'AL' could be an acronym for?

If there aren't, then by process of elimination it has to be an original theme. And, since Nexo Knights and Elves both have/seem to be ending, that leaves something of a vacuum. Whereas the only point against having a new original theme is the fact that it would be in competition with The Lego Movie 2. And even then, in-house themes tend to last for three years, which would mean they want to run AL until 2021. While TLM2 will be lucky if it continues into Winter 2020. 

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm not even holding my breath for this to be an in-house theme, as I'm expecting for it at the worst to be just another licensed line. But, I'm at least crossing my fingers, especially for a return to Adventurers. :purrr:

Lol, that's what it stands for: "another license"! :laugh:

Spoiler

:hmpf: Please no...

Are we sure this is a new theme? Cause these could be Avengers 4

Avengers: Legacy is one of the rumored names for the film

Edited by Robert8

5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Are we sure is a new theme? Cause these could be Avengers 4

I don't think so, previous Superheroes sets never had acronyms for their sub-themes and the set numbers don't match :wink:

8 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

And, since Nexo Knights and Elves both have/seem to be ending, that leaves something of a vacuum. Whereas the only point against having a new original theme is the fact that it would be in competition with The Lego Movie 2.

That's what I'm sort of wondering may be the case, not to mention that Ninjago also looks to have a partial absence early next year by rereleasing some of their earlier sets.

But, having said that, would The Lego Movie 2's tie-in sets really benefit from a lack of in-house action/adventure themes? In other words, would they suffer from their presence, hence a need to push them aside for awhile? Honestly, the more I think about it, I'm thinking not, as the sequel's tie-in sets are more akin to a licensed theme than an in-house one; so, if anything, moving those three action/adventure themes out of the way for now may mean they're instead making room for a new "big bang" theme.

3 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Lolthat's what it stands for: "another license"! :laugh:

Heh, perhaps that may seriously be the case, if Lego were that snarky. :devil_laugh:

I refuse to get excited over this,it could very well be fake info or even if it's legit it could be another upcoming license theme.But I still hold out hope for another in-house theme,lately it's all about license themes and I'm starting to get sick of them.

Is it too much to ask for the Adventures theme to come back in some shape or form :hmpf_bad:??

If we are to presume that this could be a System-based action/adventure theme, could 41973 priced at $5.99 be some sort of Airjitzu/Speedorz gimmick set? :shrug_confused:

1 hour ago, LOTR34 said:

I refuse to get excited over this,it could very well be fake info or even if it's legit it could be another upcoming license theme.But I still hold out hope for another in-house theme,lately it's all about license themes and I'm starting to get sick of them.

Same here pretty much, though I doubt this information is at all fake.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

I'd love a new Constraction theme, but Constraction sets have never been that cheap. Unless they happen to be overhauling the engineering and it's not CCBS? Maybe something with more System presence?

Too early to tell. But I do like these prices. Looks like it'll be very affordable and impulse purchase-y. Hopefully the line itself is something worth looking forward to (and it's not another license).

EDIT: The prices also have me curious. Usually the higher the set number, the more expensive. which means the most expensive set is at $20. Assuming this is all we get for the first wave, that's kind of surprising. Could it be there are three price points? AL1-3 being $6, 4-6 at $15, and 7-9 being $20? This also lines up with Constraction's usual formula, but again. The prices feel really cheap to be Constraction...

Edited by Kalhiki

17 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If we are to presume that this could be a System-based action/adventure theme, could 41973 priced at $5.99 be some sort of Airjitzu/Speedorz gimmick set? :shrug_confused:

Same here pretty much, though I doubt this information is at all fake.

I can't tell if the post means one each or three each at those three price points. Either way most gimmick sets like the ones you mention tend to both be more expensive than that and come in larger waves to offset the cost of the new molds they usually require. Even the Nexo Knights Ultimate sets, which used no unique molds, were a higher price point. $5.99 lies around the high end of polybags (close to things like the $4.99 Mixels) or the low end of boxed sets (things like the smallest boxed Creator or City sets).

This is intriguing and I have to say I'm excited despite the relatively small amount of information, especially if as speculated above it's some sort of "girls theme". With Friends already representing the realistic modern day, that'd make it most likely a fantasy or sci-fi theme, either of which would be exciting. Of course, a Constraction theme would also be promising... as mentioned above, $5.99 is a pretty low price point for most constraction figures these days, but it's not impossible, especially if it weren't a full figure but some sort of accessory pack. Perhaps most exciting and novel would be if it were both—some sort of Constraction theme aimed at girls.

2 minutes ago, Kalhiki said:

I'd love a new Constraction theme, but Constraction sets have never been that cheap. Unless they happen to be overhauling the engineering and it's not CCBS? Maybe something with more System presence?

Perhaps it's a new Mixels-like line? That theme was technically a constraction line, though I'd hope for something less goofy if that were to be the case.

there is year ago rumor about new constraction line. all other things as I can see became truth. so possible constraction line was shifted to 2019. and number of characters decreased. good small robots may be mixel/nexo style 6$ sets. bad robots — ccbs 15$. hero villian and monster — ccbs 20$ sets.

Edited by zg0

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Something like this, maybe? 

1280-1.jpg?200710180426

A little bigger, with two figs? 

Just to clarify, of the nine sets, there will be one priced at $5.99, one priced at $14.99 and one priced at $19.99. The prices for the other six are unknown for now. 

14 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I haven't been able to find the set numbers but if @Falconfan1414 is right and they start with 41-, I think this will probably be just another minidoll theme. There's still hope though :classic:

1 hour ago, BrickJagger said:

Just to clarify, of the nine sets, there will be one priced at $5.99, one priced at $14.99 and one priced at $19.99. The prices for the other six are unknown for now. 

I haven't been able to find the set numbers but if @Falconfan1414 is right and they start with 41-, I think this will probably be just another minidoll theme. There's still hope though :classic:

Okay, that makes more sense. 

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Perhaps it's a new Mixels-like line? That theme was technically a constraction line, though I'd hope for something less goofy if that were to be the case.

Yeah, that's also a thought. Smaller, System-based figures, and larger CCBS figures maybe? 

I really shouldn't get my hopes up, though. Looks like most, if not all, the Minidoll sets were in the 41- category. Though it looks like Mixels and Brickheadz are also in that number system, so make of that what you will.