Sign in to follow this  

42141017940_ec65227929_z.jpg 

The journey had felt long to Makny, though it was only a few days slow ride from Førstlys.  He and his father had been through several towns and villages along the way, though they had kept to themselves rather than announce their presence.  As his father said, it was far easier for them to learn the minds of the people if the people did not know who they were.  So they had traveled alone, unannounced, and humble, observing what they could from horseback and making note of what directions they ought give along their return trip.

43233740974_7bd4e6d164_z.jpg 

They overtook an older fellow leading a cart laden with bags of grain just before entering the village of Sorgheim.  As they passed through the gate, Makny saw what appeared to be a large lantern set in the center of a circle of eight carved stone columns.  The glass inside it was broken, and its columns were worn and crumbling, with moss slowly climbing their bases.  Makny watched the townsfolk pass the lantern indifferently, but he could not ignore it. 

“Father, what is that?” he gestured as he asked.

43075472064_7ac1af6b70_z.jpg 

His father answered slowly, seeming to concentrate on weaving his horse through the traffic around them.  “A remnant,” came the reply, “of a people long gone from these shores.  All but forgotten, I think... though we might see for ourselves soon enough.” There was a concealing air and a strange distance to his voice, though Makny barely registered it, caught up as he now was in the activity that swirled around them.  Everywhere the village folk were hard at work, hustling to and fro, shouting greetings back and forth, while above it all the Jarl's soldiers stoically paced the barricade.

43047379935_49e1b5035a_z.jpg 

They followed the sandy, well-worn path up the hill, past the flour mill and the low-slung storehouse, and deeper into the village proper.  Overhead, the early summer sun was bright in a clear blue sky.  As it shone warmly on his shoulders, Makny began to feel the drowsy weight of several nights spent in the dew on ground, and he hoped against hope that tonight might find him in a soft bed with a roof above him.

42144299970_aa1833b6bc_c.jpg 

Edited by The Stad

I like how everything looks together.  The wall and gate are constructed well.  I really like the roofs on the buildings.  Came together nicely great job.  

I like the elements of this build and it's nice to see all the previous builds incorporated here. I think you should work on texturing the ground a bit more but you're off to a great start with that already.

Ah, here it is: all of Sorgheim together :excited:

A great lay-out! Seeing all of the buildings apart was good, seeing them connected even better. I've only one point of remark, on the landscaping: the border between reddish brown and dark green, in front of the wall, seems too straight to me. Maybe some additional plates could make this look more natural?

The four modules all fit together nicely, and give a very consistent look for Sorgheim :thumbup: Plenty of good minifigure posing to bring life to the scene as well :classic:

I love the look of the four together, though I will echo Titus and say that the dark green to dark tan transition is very abrupt and too straight. The action and fig placement is great, though, and gives the scene life. I also really like the placement of the vegetation throughout, and the consistency between the different sections. Nicely done!