de Gothia

Aurora of Avalonia

My attempt to build a ship! Heavily inspired by Wochenender! Love his ships!

Aurora of Avalonia took de Gothia to Mesozoic and back!

43951357261_6a7af3fdf8.jpg

29013557327_b59fd00065.jpg

Edited by de Gothia

This is a really nice medieval ship, I love the shields on front and the Avalonian color pattern running down the side!

That's amazingly clean and well-proportioned. Maybe one of my favorite ships on GoH now!

Very nice ship, dG! I like how Avalonian it is. It looks period appropriate, and the SNOT log bricks in the sides make for a nice detail. I only wish Lord de Gothia's stay in Mesozoic had lasted longer! (Though he apparently aged quite a bit while away...)

Great ship.  Like the color scheme and the clean look of the ship.  Everything seems to flow nicely like a ship should.  Great job.  

Great looking ship, as stated earlier, very appropriate for the time period!  A solid build with many lil details, really easy to miss in the small pics of EB, but on your Flickr page, they shine!  Any desire to go with cloth sails, or you just chose to stay brick built for now?

22 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Very nice ship, dG! I like how Avalonian it is. It looks period appropriate, and the SNOT log bricks in the sides make for a nice detail. I only wish Lord de Gothia's stay in Mesozoic had lasted longer! (Though he apparently aged quite a bit while away...)

Haha! Well lets say they sail the ship after Mesozioc as well! :)

16 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Great looking ship, as stated earlier, very appropriate for the time period!  A solid build with many lil details, really easy to miss in the small pics of EB, but on your Flickr page, they shine!  Any desire to go with cloth sails, or you just chose to stay brick built for now?

It will be brickbuilt for the time being. It would be cool with the Avalonian dragon on the sails in sand green colour but I have no cloth! :(

Thanks guys for the kind word!

Great medieval ship !

Her line could have been more curvy but it's a medieval ship so it's not a problem and sure a custom sail with the Avalonian dragon could be great here ! (I should give it a try on this...?, not the easiest sail to craft though...)

I like the decorations all along the hull, clearly Avalonian !

Great job !

Nice sturdy ship! I love the closeup shot of de Gothia and his sons :classic: 

Faladrin: Thanks! Yes the boat is a bit blocky indeed! Want to make a more curved hull for sure! But that will be in my next boat! :)'

Gideon: thanks mate!

A very pretty ship you've got here, nice one :thumbup: 

My Avalonian heart roars proudly at the sight of so much dark and sand green, great job incorporating the guild colours dG! :grin: 

(Also, I feel like I'm asking something really dumb and foolish now, so please forgive me, but has de Gothia gotten old or have you just changed to a new sig fig?)

Thnaks Titus!

Yes indeed de Gothia is older and the sons are older and bigger as well! =) My sigfig can´t be that young through 3 books! :P

From the dragon figure head to the Avalonian colors, it's easy to see where this ship belongs. Fun use of elves fences for the cabin windows, and the ship has a nice amount of cargo visible :thumbup:

I really like this ship de Gothia!  Nice example of a LEGO carrack.

But only 2 pictures?  :wink:

Awesome ship!  Not that I'd really expect anything less, but I love it.  The colors, the use of the log bricks on the side, the high deck... great job!