9 hours ago, Akbalder said:

It is called GT race car so it may be the recent racing one: https://www.porsche.com/france/motorsportandevents/motorsport/racingcars/991-911-rsr/

And I can imagine that even this colors could be used on real set

2 hours ago, rm8 said:

42093 - 雪佛兰 Corvette ZR1 - Chevrolet Corvette ZR11 (previously was introduced as Super Car) $49.99;  - 579 parts

42096 - Porsche 911 RSR (previously was introduced as  "GT Race Car"),  $149.99 - 1580 parts.

No one told us, that this set will be large as 42039, 42000, 8070 and 42077.

We've been surpised this year already with Mack, that use 49 mm wheels instead usual 62 mm (I was the one who was sure that Mack is new truck as previous trucks with 62 mm) So 1580 parts is not that bad. If this porsche will be at 62 mm wheel or 56 mm.  May be wew will see a lot of non-technic elements on both Corvette and 911 for better scale look, again look at the Mack.

This could be done that way. I have forgotten already about Mack discussion...

I'm hoping the "42094 Tracked Loader" will be a nod to the 856 Bulldozer from 1979 which actually was a Tracked Loader. This was my second Technic set and was a marvel.

11 hours ago, I_Igor said:

And I can imagine that even this colors could be used on real set

This could be done that way. I have forgotten already about Mack discussion...

the explain seems like reasonable, so we will see a technic & systems mixed plus a lot of stickers as 2019 new technic sets *oh2*

41 minutes ago, mitx2529 said:

the explain seems like reasonable, so we will see a technic & systems mixed plus a lot of stickers as 2019 new technic sets *oh2*

yes, that crossed my mind... but images will be final proof.

The corvette would that not be a new licence agreement?  It's not a brand of the Volvo or VW group who Lego have been partnered with. I would push for your first collaboration to be a flagship set for brand prestige?

I like my Technic cars but I hope that RSR is distinctive from the GT3 as 911 range quite subtle and this hard to do in Technic. At this price point can it be a cost effective alternative to the GT3?

I would not be surprised if these two sets could be swapped over.

Edited by Cardboy

32 minutes ago, Cardboy said:

The corvette would that not be a new licence agreement?  It's not a brand of the Volvo or VW group who Lego have been partnered with. I would push for your first collaboration to be a flagship set for brand prestige?

No, TLG already has a collaboration with GM in Speed Champions, in the 75870 and the 75874.

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Maybe if we say "images" over and over they'll appear. :laugh:

they are somewhere certain...if I could remember user @degenerate become LEGO catalog with 2H sets some 6 months before official release, so there is probably someone with LEGO catalog for 2019 with 1H Technic set images, another question is if there is a will to publish them or send via PM or eMail or ...

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

they are somewhere certain...if I could remember user @degenerate become LEGO catalog with 2H sets some 6 months before official release, so there is probably someone with LEGO catalog for 2019 with 1H Technic set images, another question is if there is a will to publish them or send via PM or eMail or ...

We are almost definitely not getting preliminary pictures, have to wait till official pictures or some other sort of leak.

Edited by dimaks13

2 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

We are almost definitely not getting preliminary pictures, have to wait till official pictures or some other sort of leak.

I know, but hope dies last...I know that you do not believe me, but someone out there has catalog...:wink:

On 9/19/2018 at 11:13 PM, I_Igor said:

I know, but hope dies last...I know that you do not believe me, but someone out there has catalog...:wink:

"Hope dies last..." 

Wow ? What a Motto...

4 hours ago, Dylan M said:

"Hope dies last..." 

Wow ? What a Motto...

that is actually something what came from life experience...:wink:

On 9/19/2018 at 1:07 PM, I_Igor said:

You are correct.
We usually get the 2019 catalog around mid december, hoping we will this year too.
We have never gotten a catalog or other type of preview for just 1H sets before, we only get the catalog with both 1H and 2H just before 1H sets are released.

17 minutes ago, degenerate said:

You are correct.
We usually get the 2019 catalog around mid december, hoping we will this year too.
We have never gotten a catalog or other type of preview for just 1H sets before, we only get the catalog with both 1H and 2H just before 1H sets are released.

Thanks for confirmation. :thumbup:

I hope that you'll get your catalog as you plan, it is in some 2 and a half month time, so I hope around Christmas to see if there is something new that is worthy to be bought IMHO for my future mocs...

15 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Thanks for confirmation. :thumbup:

I hope that you'll get your catalog as you plan, it is in some 2 and a half month time, so I hope around Christmas to see if there is something new that is worthy to be bought IMHO for my future mocs...

As I've said earlier in this topic (or maybe it was another topic) I won't be sharing any images this year, but you can bet others will.
Last year someone scanned the entire catalog and uploaded it as a pdf if I recall correctly.

1 hour ago, degenerate said:

As I've said earlier in this topic (or maybe it was another topic) I won't be sharing any images this year, but you can bet others will.
Last year someone scanned the entire catalog and uploaded it as a pdf if I recall correctly.

Yes I remember that post. Unfortunately there was nothing special new in terms of new parts IMHO, but sets look relatively good. You probably got the picture from my previous posts that only thing that interests me are new tractor tires, but as I mentioned in other topic I doubt that we will have some other dimension than 107 X 44...

Sorry for disappointment in other EB members...

I'll wait until first images appear somehow in mid of December

Regards

1 hour ago, degenerate said:

That was a shop that uploaded the catalog to the website and isn't a source of catalogs after that anymore.

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

Yes I remember that post. Unfortunately there was nothing special new in terms of new parts IMHO, but sets look relatively good. You probably got the picture from my previous posts that only thing that interests me are new tractor tires, but as I mentioned in other topic I doubt that we will have some other dimension than 107 X 44...

Sorry for disappointment in other EB members...

I'll wait until first images appear somehow in mid of December

Regards

Why do we need to wait until mid of December if it has been confirmed that the new sets will release on December 1st?

Edited by Yevhen

43 minutes ago, Yevhen said:

Why do we need to wait until mid of December if it has been confirmed that the new sets will release on December 1st?

That's regarding 2H.

Not sure if this is the correct place for this news, but it is made from Technic parts and it will be shipped in 2019, so here it is: the 81000 Koi Model set:

clwda8ikvj87pz0xqrml.jpg

It is part of a new scheme called LEGO Forma, as they describe it:

" LEGO FORMA is a premium LEGO experience designed for adults looking for a fun, engaging way to reconnect with their creative side. LEGO FORMA mechanical models are cleverly designed but simple to assemble. Sturdy rods and parts combine with customizable skins to create a joyful creative challenge. Taking design cues from nature, LEGO FORMA incorporates life-like movement, colors, and patterns. The result is an elegant conversation piece that's a tasteful addition to any room. For more information visit: https://lego.build/FORMA "

Lego Forma on Youtube

I really like this, but unfortunately it will only be available for UK and US customers for some incomprehensible reason. You can just see this set emerge on the second hand market for ridiculous prices (end of rant). Since it is explicitly aimed at AFOLs, I sure hope this AFOL will get the chance to buy this wonderful set.

Edited by Cumulonimbus

I don't see the appeal of this as it stands, and I'm not entirely sure where TLG is coming from here. Lego for adults? Think I have a name for that... :innocent:

It'll likely depend on what they do next. It might be interesting to see what animals or natural things are going to crop up in the future. Maybe an otter? :purrr:

Just watched the Forma video on YouTube. Looks interesting, it’s a kinetic sculpture with Technic at its heart and then a clip on cover. So where on this forum should this end up? Here or with the buildable figures?

1 hour ago, dimaks13 said:

That's regarding 2H.

Thanks for answering instead of me. :classic: I do not have opportunity to be online so often and so long due to my obligations, so I welcome a y kind of support and new information.

22 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Just watched the Forma video on YouTube. Looks interesting, it’s a kinetic sculpture with Technic at its heart and then a clip on cover. So where on this forum should this end up? Here or with the buildable figures?

Or in some new group? Perhaps build able figures is the closest...