7 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The fact that a store already listed two sets means there are gonna be only two sets for 2H.

In the past 8 years there were always at least 3 (sometimes 4) sets in the 2H wave, I would be very-very surprised to see only 2 this year. I think TLG simply wants to change habits and hold back any information as long as possible.

Just now, kbalage said:

In the past 8 years there were always at least 3 (sometimes 4) sets in the 2H wave, I would be very-very surprised to see only 2 this year. I think TLG simply wants to change habits and hold back any information as long as possible.

Exactly my point of view :thumbup: 

4 minutes ago, Dylan M said:

I believe in Jim whatever He says will become a brighter tomorrow ???

Bit presumptuous there bud, pump the brakes lol

14 hours ago, kbalage said:

+1

And i doubt they'd drop the flagship piece count from 4k+ to 2.5k... and a car transporter isn't the wow thats needed for a flagship. There's something more to come, 100%.

I half wish i knew what it was now, but half of me loves the anticipation!!

22 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

Hmm, ~2500 pieces on the car transporter.

If it would include a car at 42093 Corvette scale that would mean ~600 pieces for the car.

That would leave us with ~1900 pieces for the truck (~same as 8258 crane truck which is in Arocs scale). Sounds promising...

I think (and also hope) that the possibly included car(s)'s scale will be smaller than Corvette's, so the transporter can be longer/larger in some way..

27 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

+1

And i doubt they'd drop the flagship piece count from 4k+ to 2.5k... and a car transporter isn't the wow thats needed for a flagship. There's something more to come, 100%.

Interestingly, that's just what happened in 2017's 2H flagship after the BWE..but it was full rc?

25 minutes ago, Jockos said:

I think (and also hope) that the possibly included car(s)'s scale will be smaller than Corvette's, so the transporter can be longer/larger in some way..

Interestingly, that's just what happened in 2017's 2H flagship after the BWE..but it was full rc?

Yes, it could be excavator with some 2.5k parts (including XL sprockets) and fully RC :wink:

3 hours ago, Jockos said:

Interestingly, that's just what happened in 2017's 2H flagship after the BWE..but it was full rc

Ha! You're right, just looked up the piece count for 42070... 1862?! is that all it had? Wow... must have blanked it from my memory, with good reason! (bwe is awesome though)

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Yes, it could be excavator with some 2.5k parts (including XL sprockets) and fully RC

Anything construction related would be very welcome.. though i always get the flagship for xmas, so i've got 11 months to wait whatever it is!!

Just now, TeamThrifty said:

Anything construction related would be very welcome.. though i always get the flagship for xmas, so i've got 11 months to wait whatever it is!!

Construction equipment has highest level of playability, so that is plausible.

6 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

+1

Well, there was the 42070. A real worthy falgship model after the 42055 excavator. :grin:

Just now, Dylan M said:

...42099 -{? Confidential Flamingo ?} 

...42100 -{? Confidential Elephant ?} 

hmmm..??? 

Sounds like forma follow ups on the moving fish statue

Ok, so far - so good. The option with 42099 beeing a nice RC set with PUP only sounds good if we will not forget about that it has only 2 outputs per battery box. And hardly scalable remote controlers. I highly doubt that TLG would provide some bigger battery box with 4 outputs, as we already know that you cannot stack the engines (maybe some kind of hub could be an option here?).
So I am guessing, that 42099 will be using PF, maybe with servo even and can be the last Technic model with it. But without any new PUP parts and option to stack the engines I don't have any idea what they will do next.

PS. I really hope that 42098 will come without any car, so the truck itself will be more detailed and maybe with a trailer (but knowing TLG it will be in the Mack scale not Arocs and it will be just a long car with a 3-4 mini cars).

1 hour ago, Dylan M said:

...42099 -{? Confidential Flamingo ?} 

...42100 -{? Confidential Elephant ?}  

hmmm..??? 

It could be shape of the sets.

If 42099 is limited to 20000 sets like 41999 was, I'll be standing in line at the Lego store from midnight to get my hands on it. Pretty sure it would run out fast. I wish it is something like the 8480!

Just now, blondasek said:

I highly doubt that TLG would provide some bigger battery box with 4 outputs

Why not? The current PUp hub is clearly targeted towards trains (pulling double-duty in the Creator-like Batmobile), so much that it has the exact same dimensions as the PF AAA battery box. And, just like the trains-oriented AAA PF box with studded connections and even dimensions has the equivalent Technic-oriented AA PF box with studless connections and odd dimensions, I fully believe we'll get an AA PUp hub to complement the existing AAA one. I just hope it has more outputs, if for no other reason than to try to gain back some market share from the likes of SBrick and BuWizz.

@AVCampos I could agree if they would use it in 42095. Even if they will surprise us and provide a full AA battery PU box with 4 outputs it will be still not enough without an option to stack 2 motors to one output. Personally I do not like that system from the beginning, as the only thing TLG had to do was to add a line of battery boxes and a remote controlers with BT connection + the app. All PF motors are completely ok and they should be still in use.

Hey, how about a sudden change of subject? Yep, I complained about 42088 being a redo of 42031, but I was walking by my local Smyth's and, seeing how my 42031 had gone to parts, picked one up. Got home, saw there was only one set of instructions, and found that lovely little laptop icon next to the B-model. What the actual heck? Did TLG not have enough orange ink for the instructions or something? Just checked everywhere else and realized that even the smallest sets don't carry alternate instructions! Dunno if all this is common knowledge, but I'll say it again: what the actual heck? :wall:

10 minutes ago, KLF said:

It could be shape of the sets.

This are code names like project blue book, or operation paperclip :wink:

I know that it sounds like this, but next year code names could be based on plants or planets ?

Edited by I_Igor

Here's what im thinking 

...Flamingo can Fly so for me its a Air type set , a special one coz he's holding the last Number set (42099) 

...Elephant is BIG Land animals so for me it's a BIG Set coz he's Holding a unique number set (42100) something like that 

i cant wait to see im wrong...

Not necessary, cars were under code names of flying missions, etc...

11 hours ago, Dylan M said:

Here's what im thinking 

...Flamingo can Fly so for me its a Air type set , a special one coz he's holding the last Number set (42099) 

...Elephant is BIG Land animals so for me it's a BIG Set coz he's Holding a unique number set (42100) something like that 

i cant wait to see im wrong…

Nice touch, but I have a bit different idea:

- Flamingo is remarkable by it's high and usually curved neck (not just a bird that flies). What if it's an excavator with two-sections arm that looks like flamingo's neck and head?

- As for the elephant, I believe it's a bulldozer, or just really something huge and big :wink: