Oh man those Porsche headlights lol. Not too much a fan of 42096’s massively long front, as well as the wheels looking too small on those fenders. Like with 42056, the rear headlights are barely noticeable and not really shapely enough. Other than that it’s pretty cool.

Really liking how 42095 looks. Curious to see how they fit two L motors in such a narrow frame.

14 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Really liking how 42095 looks. Curious to see how they fit two L motors in such a narrow frame.

Probably like attached. Either with 16T gears, or some other gear ratio.

Motors.png

48 minutes ago, M_longer said:

So... after looking at  42095 it seems that there will be something BIG on treads in second half of the 2019, don't you think?

I think the same I hope we are right... 

I like the Porsche more than the 42056, it is something funny to build and perfect for my children to play, and just the same with the tracker racer.

Saw the Porsche already, took some screenshots. Corvette sounds interesting but no video yet :wink:.

1 hour ago, AVCampos said:

Probably like attached. Either with 16T gears, or some other gear ratio.

Motors.png

That’s what I thought, but I think only one axle is connected with gears, since in the video it seems that one motor sits closer to the rear axle than the other.

Edited by Bartybum

8 minutes ago, technic_addict said:

The headlights on the Porsche looks alot like the rare piece on Dugalds and Jeroens Aston Martin.

That's not what it is. It's on of the more modern, rounded cockpit pieces commonly found on star wars Jedi fighters.

Wow, a pullback set that I actually LIKE! (For parts) The stunt racer is very gross, but the sprockets are kind of cool. The Porsche is epic! I haven’t seen the Corvette yet, but I hope I will soon. I like the helicopter too.

42096 is perhaps the first non-premium set in modern Technic that doesn't have a B model. (If you're about to cite 42023, it does have a B model, just unreleased)

1 minute ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I can only imagine one thing that uses those massive sprockets: 8043 on steroid.

Or a big freaking crawler crane. Or a larger scale bulldozer. Or any of a number of things. I just hope that whatever it is, is really cool.

42095 is utter garbage, overpriced and ugly, but it is better that the other one by virtue of having two L motors instead of the M ones, and the new large sprockets. It's still not really a Technic set, though.

42096 is horrendous. The body shaping is clunky, the front end looks terrible, the headlights look all wrong, the front splitter is super thick, and looks more like a bullbar, and it is completely hollow, with only 3 functions. Suspension, fake engine, and steering. That's it. For a set with a $150 price tag. That is not acceptable. Also, it has no B model.

I have not been happy with the direction that Lego Technic has been taking since 2016. More and more sets are becoming either like Racers sets, cars and other racing vehicles with minimal functionality, or hollow City sets with a lot of simple functions. I feel as if Lego has forgotten what Technic is about, in a futile and stupid move to broaden the appeal. Then why even bother having different brands? Lego should stop trying to make Technic like City sets, and focus on Tehnic's core tenets of Authenticity, and Functionality, which is what people who are in to Technic want. Anybody in the market for Technic does not want a City set made out of Technic parts. If Lego really feels as if that is the case, they should reintroduce Racers, to give Technic fans what they want, and have a separate theme for pullbacks and RC models that are for driving. I seriously hope this trend line does not continue, and the second half is better. I don't have high hopes, though.

Just now, Saberwing40k said:

Or a big freaking crawler crane. Or a larger scale bulldozer. Or any of a number of things. I just hope that whatever it is, is really cool.

42095 is utter garbage, overpriced and ugly, but it is better that the other one by virtue of having two L motors instead of the M ones, and the new large sprockets. It's still not really a Technic set, though.

42096 is horrendous. The body shaping is clunky, the front end looks terrible, the headlights look all wrong, the front splitter is super thick, and looks more like a bullbar, and it is completely hollow, with only 3 functions. Suspension, fake engine, and steering. That's it. For a set with a $150 price tag. That is not acceptable. Also, it has no B model.

I have not been happy with the direction that Lego Technic has been taking since 2016. More and more sets are becoming either like Racers sets, cars and other racing vehicles with minimal functionality, or hollow City sets with a lot of simple functions. I feel as if Lego has forgotten what Technic is about, in a futile and stupid move to broaden the appeal. Then why even bother having different brands? Lego should stop trying to make Technic like City sets, and focus on Tehnic's core tenets of Authenticity, and Functionality, which is what people who are in to Technic want. Anybody in the market for Technic does not want a City set made out of Technic parts. If Lego really feels as if that is the case, they should reintroduce Racers, to give Technic fans what they want, and have a separate theme for pullbacks and RC models that are for driving. I seriously hope this trend line does not continue, and the second half is better. I don't have high hopes, though.

Agreed. 2019 H2 will probably get 42097-42099. Then maybe in 2020 we will get a collectible like 41999. Hoping it's something like a space shuttle. Again, all daydreaming!

Who needs Functionality when we have good-looking licensed models for display lol /sarcasm /butnotreallysarcasm

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Here's a screenshot from the clip, so that people won't have to play it over and over

Screenshot 2018-11-20 12.51.03

Compared with the real thing

Kết quả hình ảnh cho porsche 911 rsr

The use of the black quadrant rack is just brilliant. I've never expected the rack to be used as something other than an XL turntable. The only gripe is the eyes (or the front lights if you want). They are too convex. And they should be in trans neon green. Or at least the inside light studs should be in trans neon green.

The Porsche looks very very nice! I love it. Can’t wait to build it.

So A model of tracked racer is maybe 50% faster than the B model?  Depending on if larger sprockets are geared down. B model being similar in speed to 42065?

42065 must have been a good seller to make a very similar one. 

Maybe this says something about fast RC LEGO if this next tracked racer is a good seller too they might up the motors size again...

Butt seriously! Technic supercars lately look better from the rear than from the front.

Screenshot 2018-11-20 13.22.06

Hình ảnh có liên quan

One structural weakness that I spotted is the way the vertical plate is attached to the 3x11 panels. It looks like the 3x11 panel has 3 half pins, and the plate is attached through the 3 holes in the back. This is a very flimsy attachment. In Sariel's words, they will snap at a sneeze.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Hey! Do this new white wheel arches are same as on the 42056? Can not understand if they'll be suitable with the 42056 wheels...

This all are 1H2019, right?

1 minute ago, Aleh said:

Do this new white wheel arches are same as on the 42056

Yes same ones with those on 42056. It is uncertain whether they are printed or not, however. It'd be very very bad if all 4 of the arches in the set are printed.

37 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The only gripe is the eyes (or the front lights if you want). They are too convex. And they should be in trans neon green. Or at least the inside light studs should be in trans neon green.

Not quite true, the picture you've used is the 2017 car. Lego have modelled the 2018 car, which has a more rounded from bumper/splitter design and clear headlights. This year, GTE cars changed from yellow to clear headlights.

Love the fact 42096 is mid-engined and Porsche have let Lego model it so explicitly.

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Yes same ones with those on 42056. It is uncertain whether they are printed or not, however. It'd be very very bad if all 4 of the arches in the set are printed.

Totally agree!! Thanks for the answer. Since I saw them I'm going to apply them on my Mansory Gronos project. Seems like they are unfortunately printed. Maybe somebody will develop white stickers for them..

42096 Product description

• Porsche 911 RSR replica model with a wealth of authentic features, including a rear wing with ‘swan neck’ mounts, extended rear diffuser and aerodynamic side mirrors, plus black spoked rims and realistic head and tail lights. Also includes a detailed cockpit, working differential, independent suspension and a six-cylinder boxer engine with moving pistons positioned in front of the rear axle.

• This collectible toy car also features an authentic white, red and black colour scheme and a sticker sheet for additional detailing.

• Open the doors to access a cockpit packed with realistic details, including a radar screen, working steering, fire extinguisher system and a track map of the Laguna Seca circuit printed onto the driver’s door.

• Check out the six-cylinder boxer engine with moving pistons.

• This set includes 1,580 pieces.

• This LEGO® Technic model is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.

• Suitable for ages 10+.

• LEGO® Technic sets feature realistic movement and mechanisms that introduce young LEGO builders to the universe of engineering in an approachable and realistic way.

• Porsche 911 RSR measures over 5” (13cm) high, 19” (50cm) long and 7” (20cm) wide.

In terms of functions it's even worse than 42077.