Personally I don't mind the flat surfaces and hard edges, this way it is easier to see where the motor will fit. At the beginning I had some challenges to "see" if e.g. the XL motor will fit somewhere or not due to the shape. What bothers me more is the color variation - the Boost and the "city" components are white, the Control+ components are grey. They will look weird when used together.

Another interesting bit from the interview was about the controller and the whole design approach - apparently the development of PU parts is project based, meaning instead of designing a complete family of components and releasing them gradually they follow a project based approach and they create the component if a new project (set) needs it. This means we are stuck with the current controller because no one from the Technic team asked yet for a controller with joysticks and proportional control :hmpf_bad:

On a lights front, I wonder if there's any chance at module with 4 or 8 individually controllable LEDs on a single PU connection?

1 hour ago, pleegwat said:

On a lights front, I wonder if there's any chance at module with 4 or 8 individually controllable LEDs on a single PU connection?

Ooooh that could be fantastic. Not only would that help to mitigate the fact that you can't stack ports, but you could also program various different light effects. Say you had a module with 8 LEDs, you could program them to light in sequence and in pairs. Then you place them into a pair of trans yellow 2x2 round bricks and you have a pair of fairly convincing beacons like you see on a lot of construction equipment. You could also program fairly elaborate flashing displays for use on emergency vehicles, or could could also have 2 head lights, 2 tail lights and 4 blinking indicators for regular car lighting, all from one port. I don't know if that's possible but I do love ideas like this that spark some imagination :thumbup:

Since the LPF2 wire protocol has serial lines, it's undoubtedly possible to do that with a microcontroller embedded in the lights element. If it's cost-effective enough for TLG to produce, that's another matter...

I think it might be IMHO. The extra cool factor of programmable flashing lights to the target audience, combined with it's versatility might be enough to make the investment worth while.

I light element with programable light patterns would be pretty sweet, especially if more than one pair of lights can be connected to it.

And so begin hoards of Eurobrick readers frantically scouring the internet trying to find where pics might be, haha. I'm off to join them!

Found something on Youtube. Pics are blurry, but...

The Car Transporter comes with one car. :hmpf_bad:

The Spider Crane's gear racks are grey. :hmpf_bad:

The 4x4 looks seriously boring. :hmpf_bad:

And the Liebherr is still the Liebherr. :hmpf_bad::laugh:

EDIT: Whoops, that video was posted in January! Dunno how I missed that.

Edited by Maaboo35

14 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Please be the spider crane, please be the spider crane! :excited:

It and car transporter.

5 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Looked everywhere and can't find anything. Any pointers?

Seems like hasn't popped up in usual leak places yet, but the shop where the pics are was found so not gonna take long.

Crane has lots of hogs. For every movement of every outrigger separately.

Tower crane has two outriggers and can retract the tower to become compact. Also the tower uses the rack.

The car transporter B is a flatbed truck with hotrod + other small truck (show one) + trailer.

29 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Found something on Youtube. Pics are blurry, but...

EDIT: Whoops, that video was posted in January! Dunno how I missed that. It's here, by the way... 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rD-IEMTmXx4

What’s more disturbing is that you didn’t recognize the pics we have seen already :laugh:

1 minute ago, Jim said:

What’s more disturbing is that you didn’t recognize the pics we have seen already :laugh:

I hadn't even seen those! :laugh:

27 minutes ago, Jim said:

Even more disturbing is that Jim didnt scold him for posting link to leak (albeit old) pics :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Haven’t been able to find anything on Instagram, but whoever finds them please do save them, I’m sure everyone would love to see

8 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Even more disturbing is that Jim didnt scold him for posting link to leak (albeit old) pics :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Speaking of images, now you have (finally) your profile picture...:laugh:

If I remember there was user who claims that 42099 has no tractor but off-road tires... We will found out about that very soon since Summer is just around a corner ...

• Set number: 42097
  • Name of the set: Compact Crawler Crane
  • German name: Compact crawler crane
  • Number of parts: 920
  • Price (RRP): 89.99 euros
  • B-model: Compact lifting crane

Experience the technical versatility of the LEGO Technic Compact Crawler Crane!

Move loads in confined spaces with an amazing LEGO Technic crawler crane. This rugged and versatile mobile crane has many realistic details, including large caterpillar tracks, long cables and a classic yellow and black color palette with cool stickers. Drive into the correct position, lower the support legs, fold out the crane arm and activate the safety lock. Then turn the winch and turn the cab 180 ° to drop the load with perfect precision. When you're done, you can fold the LEGO crawler crane into a compact vehicle and head off to the next job! Rebuild this 2-in-1 model and make a compact LEGO Technic lift crane.

• With fold-out support legs that can be moved both vertically and laterally, fold-out boom, rope winch with long ropes and safety lock, 180 ° rotating cab and sturdy chains.
  • Move the crawler crane to the correct position and then operate the winch and cab to lift and deliver the load with perfect precision.
  • This LEGO Technic Set is designed to provide an exciting and intense construction experience.
  • Help your young LEGO builder understand how gears, power and movement work on this realistic LEGO Technic construction site.
  • This kit is suitable for both beginners and builders who are already familiar with the LEGO Technic System.
  • 2-in-1 model: Can be converted to a compact lifting crane.
  • The crawler crane is 51 cm high, 49 cm long and 40 cm wide with folded out support legs and crane arm.
  • The lifting crane is 50 cm high, 35 cm long and 22 cm wide with the support legs and crane arms folded out.

• Set number: 42098
  • Name of the set: Car Transporter
  • German name: car carrier
  • Number of parts: 2,493
  • Price (RRP): 149.99 euros
  • B model: trucks and exhibition vehicles

Create and discover the realistic details of the LEGO® Technic Car Transport Set!

Move multiple vehicles from point A to point B with your own LEGO Technic car transporter. This realistic toy truck with removable trailer has a classic color palette in red, gray and black, decals and many authentic features and details. Raise and lower the car deck and the rear ramp to seamlessly switch between the upper and lower levels. Then secure the vehicles to ensure safe transport. You can also tilt the cab to access the detailed V6 engine with moving pistons. This set also includes a cool blue car with working steering and a detailed piston V8 engine built to the same scale as the 42093 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 - get it up on the shuttle and you're ready to go!

The car transporter has adjustable tires and a rear ramp for loading and unloading, locks for securing the vehicles during transport and a folding cab that provides access to a detailed V6 engine with moving pistons.

• Also includes a blue car with functional steering and V8 engine with pistons.
  • The car transport has a classic color scale in red, gray and black as well as a sticker sheet for more details.
  • Lower the ramp, get on board, attach the transport lock and you're ready to go!
  • This LEGO Technic toy set introduces LEGO builders to the basics of technology.
  • Realistic features and details for hours of playing and exploring.
  • This car transporter is fully compatible with the LEGO Technic 42093 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 and offers even more gaming options.
  • The car transporter is 22 cm high, 86 cm long and 13 cm wide.
  • The blue car is 8 cm high, 27 cm long and 12 cm wide.
  • The LEGO Technic Truck and the exhibition car are 14 cm high, 87 cm long and 15 cm wide.

Source: https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-technic-sommer-2019-beschreibungen/

5 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Speaking of images, now you have (finally) your profile picture...:laugh:

Thanks to a friendly reminder from Jim :laugh: The thing in my profile picture is a wooden moon.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Dang it,

I wanted some more info on the 4x4. I know it will look bad but I think it is the set with the most interest to me as it has the potential to have  alot of useful parts and the Liebherr is probably to expensive for me for what it is and I have both the UCS falcons :D

I dont like the way Spider Crane becomes compact Compact Crawler Crane though. Spider Crane is the proper name. Is TLG afraid of putting off people with arachnophobia?