35 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

How damn "Extreme" is this bloody off roader? Near enough the same amount of parts as 42097, but it's nearly thrice the price! Does it run on tritium or something? *huh*

There's a new "Technic Control+" System in those last 2 sets.

Extreme Offroader is said to need a Smart Hub and 2 motors, so maybe they are included and that'll drive up the price a lot.

The Liebherr has 7 motors and 2 hubs.

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, TeriXeri said:

Extreme Offroader said to need a Smart Hub and 2 motors, so maybe they are included and that'll drive up the price a lot.

I was aware of CONTROL+, but if that's what TLG need to charge to cover the costs, it's insane.

Just now, TeriXeri said:

Extreme Offroader is said to need a Smart Hub and 2 motors, so maybe they are included and that'll drive up the price a lot.

Don't forget it'll need a servo as well. It will have the new generation equivalent of all electronics the 9398 Crawler had.

Just now, kbalage said:

Don't forget it'll need a servo as well. It will have the new generation equivalent of all electronics the 9398 Crawler had.

Who the hell is going to be able to afford this? I think TLG's shooting themselves in the foot with this.

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

Who the hell is going to be able to afford this? I think TLG's shooting themselves in the foot with this.

I have a feeling that it will be appearing under a lot of Christmas trees come December

10 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

9398's RRP was $199.99 and it was 7 years ago. Considering that you get more advanced electronics (and inflation) I don't think this price is anything worse than the other previous fully motorized Technic sets. And don't forget, this is the RRP. Street price will be less, especially if you're not running for a day 1 purchase.

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

I've just never seen the price for a 900-odd part set so high.

Vestas Turbine 2018 has 826 parts and cost €199,99 in my country.

Pronably shouldn't have opened my keypad on the subject of pricing. It's expensive, woo big surprise. :sadnew:

Anyway, 42097! I'm thinking the B-model might be a tracked work platform, like this.

17.75-1080x675.jpg

4 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

That’s we thought of last year’s releases. And the year before. And the year before...

And be aware those are RRP, so the crawler ends up being around 179 or so. Still not cheap, I agree.

20 minutes ago, Jim said:

That’s we thought of last year’s releases. And the year before. And the year before...

And be aware those are RRP, so the crawler ends up being around 179 or so. Still not cheap, I agree.

Actually I thought last year's releases and the 1H sets this year were quite reasonably priced. Granted, I got 42080 and 42081 on discount, but still.

Well the Tracked Racer was around 300 pieces for $100, so to me anyway that doesn't sound to far fetched for the offroader, considering the new parts it will have. 

Edit: Not saying it's a good deal or that I will even get it. 

Edited by Johnny1360

8 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Well the Tracked Racer was around 300 pieces for $100, so to me anyway that doesn't sound to far fetched for the offroader, considering the new parts it will have. 

Edit: Not saying it's a good deal or that I will even get it. 

The tracked racer was/is way too expensive though (imho). But apparently it’s the new standard for RC models.

Agreed but it is better than the one from the year before which oddly enough was also $100.

I guess what I am saying is this seems to be perfectly inline with past RC options as of late, so the price of the new offroader doesn't surprise me at all and even seems to be what one would expect the price to be. 

Edited by Johnny1360

9 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

All the pictures have been for  June waves of sets. 

Technic usually gets new sets for August , as has been the case for many years now.

So far  (German price in Euro)

42097 Spider Crane - 920 parts €89,99

42098 Car Transporter - 2493 parts €149,99 

42099 4×4 Extreme All-Terrain Vehicle - 958 parts €229,99 

42100 Liebherr R9800  - 4108 parts €449,99

Source https://www.bouwsteentjes.info/nieuws-lego-technic-42100-liebherr-r9800-onthuld/ (Dutch)

Yes, I understand this much.  Sorry, I should have been more specific.  Summer is right around the corner and we don't have official releases of photos, details, etc. That which we do have has just been culled/released and hypothesized by AFOLs.  Usually by 4 MAY or 1 JUN we have official details or photos.  Any word when those will be released?

28 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Any word when those will be released?

By now you should probably know that there is no telling when official pics will appear. They will appear when they appear. And TLG recent policy is “as late as possible” :tongue:

Although I would like more pics as soon as possible, I'd rather have TLG being more secretive for the sake of avoiding copycat brands as long as possible.

The longer they manage to hold their cards close and make the copycats wait, the better.

I had no idea the spider crane has so many pieces, I thought 4 or 5 hundred, now I am very interested in seeing it, might be a very good set indeed. 

I hope that after Lepin has been "terminated" and a few other small Lego-ish Chinese "companies" with it, Lego will do not hide official pictures for so long anymore. Or maybe even start a nice habit to sneak-peak some small parts of the incoming sets to keep the wheel spinning.

Edited by blondasek

11 minutes ago, blondasek said:

I hope that after Lepin has been "terminated" and a few other small Lego-ish Chinese "companies" with it, Lego will do not hide official pictures for so long anymore. Or maybe even start a nice habit to sneak-peak some small parts of the incoming sets to keep the wheel spinning.

Keeping stuff under wraps didn't even help that much in the first place. I'm surprised they even bothered.

4 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Keeping stuff under wraps didn't even help that much in the first place. I'm surprised they even bothered.

Agreed. Seemed futile.

About price of 42099 yes it is too high, even with a control+ and 2 tough motors. However,  I hope and do expect we will get a surprizing reason. On the other hand,  as others pointed earlier in some thread lets see what is the weight rather than the part count.

And yes come on TLG now Lepin is dead. Celebrate with your Technic fans with some images :-)

Just now, Samer said:

And yes come on TLG now Lepin is dead.

I'd like to believe that myself...