With a part number of 42110 some have speculated that it'll be a 110 (long wheel base) Landrover. At 2.5k parts use say it was 1:10 scale. Let's hope it offers more than the usual 1:10 scale functionality. People often complain that supercars have little functionality to transfer into a Technic set. I'm not sure I agree, however a Landrover should offer more than a supercar with its transfer case offering multiple options. I don't know what the new defender has but hi and lo ranges (which are in addition to the usual gearbox ratios), diff locks and the ability to switch between 2 and 4 wheel drive are all possibilities. Though I'm not sure if the previous defenders had that last option within the transfer case. But I'm just gonna wait and see.

Edited by allanp

It could have front hook...could be a pick-up...at that scale it has deffenetly potential for proper suspension, all wheel drive and fake engine...but let's us be (pleasantly) surprised

5 hours ago, Jaromir said:

I think that this year crawler (42099 I think) has smaller number of pieces and I think they said it will have C+. So, I see no problem with applying it to 42110 :). Maybe the scale of the Land Rover will be little bit smaller than Chiron and Porsche, like 1:10 or something. Anyway, can't wait to see the pictures :P. Happy Easter Guys!!!!

IIRC, its price will be around 140$, so I just can't imagine they will squeze that much in one set for that price:shrug_oh_well: and yeah, Happy Easter!:classic:

9 hours ago, Jockos said:

IIRC, its price will be around 140$, so I just can't imagine they will squeze that much in one set for that price:shrug_oh_well: and yeah, Happy Easter!:classic:

180€.

180€ for a licensed RC doesn’t sound too functional. Assuming 20€ or something for licensing, 60€ for the RC components, then 100€ for bodywork, I’m expecting the most complex function to be live axle suspension. No fancy diff-locks

44 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

180€ for a licensed RC doesn’t sound too functional. Assuming 20€ or something for licensing, 60€ for the RC components, then 100€ for bodywork, I’m expecting the most complex function to be live axle suspension. No fancy diff-locks

Do not get me wrong, but sometimes less is more; at least IMHO when I make good looking moc and major (characteristical) features included is better than to have very much function and complex and disproportional construction.

4 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

When there is license the functions are secondary is a set more for collectors.

Your post fits perfectly to Bugatti 

Why would the Land Rover be RC ? We're already getting three RC Technic sets this year, including the crawler 42099. I don't see the reason why Lego would release a set that's essentially the 42099 with a license and a different bodywork only a few months after the crawler's release.

36 minutes ago, Leewan said:

Why would the Land Rover be RC ? We're already getting three RC Technic sets this year, including the crawler 42099. I don't see the reason why Lego would release a set that's essentially the 42099 with a license and a different bodywork only a few months after the crawler's release.

+1 

I too believe that this Land Rover will be a non RC set.

Oh it's not confirmed RC? My bad, I was under the assumption it was D: If not then this set may be really cool

53 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I imagine the Land Rover to be a licensed 42069.

With wheels? Could be something similar, but (at least) I don't know what kind of suspension will it have...

19 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Don't Land Rovers have live axle suspension instead of independent?

So far yes (classic Landy has suspension similar to rock crawler set - 41999 or 9398), but classic discovery had life axle and new has independent suspension (if I understand my mechanic correctly), so some kind of standardisation is possible with new Discovery

I believe the new defender coming out has dropped the live axles in favour of independent suspension, which is a shame. Hopefully if it's not based on the classic icon there will be a B model that's based on the classic icon! Kinda like the creator Mustang that allows you to build different versions of it. But this would be a totally different build so a B model. But as always, it's just an idea and I'll be careful not to place unrealistically high hopes for such things.

Edited by allanp

I would expect the Defender to be a 1:10 scale model with a working suspension, 4x4 driveline, piston engine and maybe a gearbox. That's all.

1 minute ago, Zerobricks said:

I would expect the Defender to be a 1:10 scale model with a working suspension, 4x4 driveline, piston engine and maybe a gearbox. That's all.

Just one thing comes to my mind if scale 1:10 is certain; tires should be some 68mm, but which one?  ...or perhaps new tires?

Just now, I_Igor said:

Just one thing comes to my mind if scale 1:10 is certain; tires should be some 68mm, but which one?  ...or perhaps new tires?

Are you sure about that number? Seems a bit small.

@Zerobricks usually tires for discovery have 740mm overall diameter, but LEGO has no tire with 74-75mm and 81.6 looks (to me) to big... And I do not think that LEGO will use futuristic wheels which are closest to that...

Knowing LEGO it is very hard to expect new tire for racing wheel small to fit scale perfectly.

Edited by I_Igor

Would love to see the B-model being the old Defender, but I doubt it. Diff locks would be fantastic but I don't think it's ever been done on an official set, same for selectable 2WD / 4WD / Hi / Lo.

Opportunities are endless here, but realistically I'll likely be your typical fake engine, suspension and 4 wheel drivetrain. Unless they go all Claas Xerion on this set and surprise us with some really creative mechanisms. No need for RC when there is so much opportunity to show off intrinsic workings of real world mechanics. 

Recap of the above:  It is set number 42110 - Green - 140$ (or euros) - 2500 parts. I wish for the sources please?

And if that is true I totally agree with the 4x4 42069 and 1:10 hypotheses (and also some previous tires - baloon 81.6 probably ) as a best hope.

With this price tag, piece count, and license fee, it seems to me there would be simply no room to fantacise about new exciting car mechanisms/parts.

Always the same crap about licensed sets cost more.  It's *not* Star Wars.

Anyone sensible got the price-per-piece count on licensed sets vs. non-licensed?