I took some screenshots from the presentation video to better show the different elements and part list of the Spike set. Hope these parts will be included in the 2H2019 Technic sets in normal colors as well. Maybe the Liebherr Excavator will use the same hub as the Spike set since it has 6 outputs and seems to be compatible with Powered Up motors.

Spike1.png

Spike2.png

Spike3.png

Spike-baseplate.png

Spike-bricks.png

Spike-clip.png

Spike-frame.png

Spike-frames.png

Spike-hub.png

Spike-hub2.png

Spike-motors.png

Spike-new-parts.png

Spike-new-parts-2.png

spike-part-list.png

Spike-wheels.png

Edited by R0Sch
new links

13 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Maybe the Liebherr Excavator will use the same hub as the Spike set

I think it was stated somewhere that the excavator would use two hubs, whatever type they may be.

1 minute ago, AVCampos said:

I think it was stated somewhere that the excavator would use two hubs, whatever type they may be.

Yes, it was stated at the Nürnberg Toy Fair although it would be a waste to use a total of 12 ports for 7 motors so they may well be different hubs then.

Shall I split this into a new discussion topic?

31 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Maybe a partial merge with this one?

Hmmm....that will be confusing.

Let's just end the discussion here and continue in the other topic.

8 hours ago, Seasider said:

its all gone a bit quiet here. Any more news on the H2 sets ?

Don't look at me, man. I'm just waiting for news on the spider crane. :sadnew:

14 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Don't look at me, man. I'm just waiting for news on the spider crane. :sadnew:

I am waiting for crawler and Land Rover, are they all gonna be released in the same month. I know that Land Rover is scheduled for October, what about the other sets?

Has it been confirmed its a Land Rover ? and is it like the "UCS" Technic sets or like the more traditional licenced sets like the Unimog and AROCS ?

54 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Has it been confirmed its a Land Rover ? and is it like the "UCS" Technic sets or like the more traditional licenced sets like the Unimog and AROCS ?

Depends whether it has a crane on it or not! :grin:

Does a front winch count as "crane"? (no, I don't know if it has a front winch; in fact, I don't even know if there is really going to be a LEGO Land Rover)

So except for 42100 it is zzZ until August or what? 

Come on guys someone must know something new, I'm listening.. I won't tell anyone :grin:

10 minutes ago, Samer said:

Come on guys someone must know something new, I'm listening.. I won't tell anyone :grin:

Last year it was near enough May before we learned much of anything. I do remember the days when we were getting hi-res pictures at the end of January, though... :hmpf_bad:

1 hour ago, Samer said:

The most interesting or intriguing stuff so far is a new land rover defender coming in October and is rumoured to be in some shade of green (dark or olive or something) and with a price below what you would expect if it was part of the same line as the Bugatti, and so is likely not to be part of that "UCS" line of Technic sets.

The SUV is rumoured to come with a new wheel bearing, which are actual bearings and equipped with planetary gear reduction that may be made of metal, and incorporate new larger possible CV joints, similar in size to the bionicle ball joints (sounds like the 8880 CV joints to me)

The control+ hubs are said to have 4 ports each, not the same as the spike hub, 2 are contained in the excavator and 1 is coming in the SUV.

Apart from the Land Rover, these are based on observations made at toy fairs. Is there anything I missed? Is there anything there that's new to you? For me, the interest in the summer 2019 sets is coming mostly from these rumoured new parts, which I am very excited for. The Land Rover could be really really fantastic, but we know nothing about it which tells us how much of that potential to be fantastic is being met.

I haven’t really followed the Land Rover discussion, so forgive for saying something stupid. Could the Land Rover be a Creator set with RC controls?! A Mustang like set. Would explain the price range. 

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I haven’t really followed the Land Rover discussion, so forgive for saying something stupid. Could the Land Rover be a Creator set with RC controls?! A Mustang like set. Would explain the price range. 

Set number indicates that it is more likely Technic set (number 42110). The most important is that you enjoy a trip over big pond :wink:

Happy Easter to everyone

26 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

Land Rover has 2573 pieces.

This is where the fun begins...

Then, for the low price it won't have C+, I think..

Edited by Jockos

So it will most likely ocupy same slot as Mack and other 1HY "medium flagships"

Remember the time when 2500+ part count is 2H flagship size and not 1H medium flagship size? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

14 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

[...] Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Damn, now I've got a crazy cookie craving :moar::laugh:

Edit: found cookies, MOCing with greasy, crumby fingers.

Edited by suffocation
successful larder raid

4 hours ago, Jockos said:

This is where the fun begins...

Then, for the low price it won't have C+, I think..

I think that this year crawler (42099 I think) has smaller number of pieces and I think they said it will have C+. So, I see no problem with applying it to 42110 :). Maybe the scale of the Land Rover will be little bit smaller than Chiron and Porsche, like 1:10 or something. Anyway, can't wait to see the pictures :P. Happy Easter Guys!!!!