7 hours ago, Magical Duck said:

Why would TLG release an off-road vehicle with the Control system, and then immediately follow it with the Land Rover? Aren't people more likely to jump for the licensed set especially if it is also motorized? It is only 180 euros according to Promobricks, so what is the reasoning? 

Licensed, Motorized, and 180 Euros!

As you can see there is not enough reasoning here. One of the 3 attributes should not be right. My vote goes for it not being motorized.

:classic:

Does anyone have idea what size is it, what tires it uses, is there any chance of new tires?

Thanks

The only chance I see of new tyres is a smaller version of the Xerion ones, on the 42099.

18 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

The only chance I see of new tyres is a smaller version of the Xerion ones, on the 42099.

But 42099 uses Claas Xerion tyres.

33 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

I think those are the same if I remember correctly posts from guys who were at Nuremberg Toy Fair and agriculture tread is not for offroader like (modern) Land Rover defender

Edited by I_Igor

Among other things, could be used to help mount an M motor in a space designed for an L motor (as I'm sure we all do frequently).

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

But 42099 uses Claas Xerion tyres.

How can you know what tires it is using? Is there any photo of it or something?

8 minutes ago, Jaromir said:

How can you know what tires it is using? Is there any photo of it or something?

As i mentioned earlier there were EB members on Nuremberg Toy Fair who confirmed that 42099 set uses Xerion tires (107 X 44)

Just now, I_Igor said:

As i mentioned earlier there were EB members on Nuremberg Toy Fair who confirmed that 42099 set uses Xerion tires (107 X 44)

Ahh sorry mate, thanks for clearing it out for me. Have been a while since I have been in here :)

4 minutes ago, Jaromir said:

Ahh sorry mate, thanks for clearing it out for me. Have been a while since I have been in here :)

No problem. You are always welcome when you return :classic:

Holy moly I took that NE post as a 1st April joke and it is not! Very nice part!

Edited by Ivan_M

It might still be an April Fools joke, but, if so, it surely is elaborate: I can confirm that both colours are available for sale at S@H, as well as the 2x4 brick with axle holes (design ID 39789) mentioned in the NE article's comments.

Eh, the Spike set is pretty interesting.

https://education.lego.com/en-us/products/lego-education-spike-prime-set/45678?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-82Rm-yx4QIVDrazCh0UmQ10EAAYASAAEgKwAvD_BwE&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMI-82Rm-yx4QIVDrazCh0UmQ10EAAYASAAEgKwAvD_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!790!3!341433731933!b!!g!!%2Blego %2Bspike

Page is a bit crap: to see the parts, expand the 'more' link under "Everything you need -- in one box and online."

Notable parts:

• magenta 3x3 frame is not an April's fool (as posted above)
  • hub with 6 or more ports, and PU-style connectors
  • new giant frames
  • wire clips
Edited by andythenorth

2 minutes ago, andythenorth said:

Eh, the Spike set is pretty interesting.

https://education.lego.com/en-us/products/lego-education-spike-prime-set/45678?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-82Rm-yx4QIVDrazCh0UmQ10EAAYASAAEgKwAvD_BwE&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMI-82Rm-yx4QIVDrazCh0UmQ10EAAYASAAEgKwAvD_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!790!3!341433731933!b!!g!!%2Blego %2Bspike

Page is a bit crap: to see the parts, expand the 'more' link under "Everything you need -- in one box and online."

Notable parts:

• magenta 3x3 frame is not an April's fool (as posted above)
  • hub with 6 or more ports, and PU-style connectors
  • new giant frames
  • wire clips

Is that a new gear as well? Looks to be 4x4 with rounded edges?

57 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Is that a new gear as well? Looks to be 4x4 with rounded edges?

Sure seems to be, since in same set there si a black 36 tooth gears, so i suppose this is a 28 or 32 tooth gear. Also the studless equivalent of a base board!

47 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Also the studless equivalent of a base board!

For me that new gear looks like small turntable changed into a gear wheel :)
99010.png

Is this Spike set real? I expect so. It contains the same frame part that some forummers here have spotted on the 42100 Liebherr excavator, but in pink (probably magenta?).

It definitely contains som very interesting parts. Interesting in particular is the large (11x15?) frame. I want it, along with the 7x11 from the Liebherr. Even if it's medium azure. :excited: The gray gear looks like an actual gear to me for 3 reasons:

• it's gray. The 28t turntable has a black gear.
  • it seems to have a bevel on both sides, like the 12 and 20 tooth double-bevel gear. The turntable's gears have a bevel on only 1 side.
  • if it's a turntable, it has 2 connectors on each side; one side would then have to be inside the motor.

You can spot the same gray gear also in the picture that shows the azure 11x15 frame and the boy holding the tablet with some kind of interface. The gray gear is behind the transparent 6x6 dish.

I really hope some of this is coming in the summer sets. I wonder if there is a 8 tooth bevel gear as well as that would be sweet?