Car transporter - it looks to me that it can fit 5 cars.  

2 top of the truck

1 bottom of the truck

1 top of the trailer

1 bottom of the trailer

4 hours ago, bitbamboo said:

I do not get why earlier in this forum the Car Transporter -truck was reported to be black or dark blue. 

Because it was mentioned in this video:

https://youtu.be/lyFvr0_WlYs

It, is some kind of summary after they visited the toy fair. But obviously they didnt remember it right. 

Edited by Frequenzberater

Going by the pictures on Instagram, I have to say the crawler thing looks terrible, especially the chassis. I'm a lot more interested in the truck and spider crane. 

I hope we get more and better pictures, but overall, the 2H 2019 sets are actually pretty good.

The SUV looks awesome! Car transporter is skeletal. Spider crane nothing to talk about. Excavator way too expensive

Car transporter really may have a windscreen - there was a recent leak/announce of upcoming Creator Mustang (amazing one, btw) that has a huge rectangle windscreen part.

38 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

Where are you guys seeing these images? I looked on instagram and couldn't find anything.

Nevermind I found them. Car transporter looks more like a Creator set than Technic. The crawler looks awful in the picture.

Car transporter has stud full cab. Strong @efferman inspiration according to me. No opinion on spider crane nor crawler. Insane price tag for the excavator. 

52 minutes ago, steph77 said:

Car transporter has stud full cab. Strong @efferman inspiration according to me. No opinion on spider crane nor crawler. Insane price tag for the excavator. 

What wheels does the truck and trailer have? Arocs wheels, Mack wheels, or 8109 wheels?

2 hours ago, steph77 said:

Maybe there are more pictures now, but in the (v low resolution) prelim it seems fairly technic to me. It has two 6x3x2 curved panels in LBG each side of the 'grill' made up of 7L red lift arms by the looks. Can see how a windscreen might be possible, but IMO it's just the low resolution. Wheels seem to be Mack wheels I think - they fit the same arches as the Corvette. Possible that the tyres on the trailer are the smaller ones from 8109?

I'd ask for pictures but I don't a telling off from the Sheriff :wink:

Edited by grum64

1 hour ago, grum64 said:

I'd ask for pictures but I don't a telling off from the Sheriff :wink:

Look up #legoleaks on instagram

42096 2+1 model, means no Bmodel 

and maybe the 4x4 also , I guess...

Edited by Dylan M

I have to be honest I'm not sure about and of the H2 sets from the poor quality images that are around.

The Digger isn't my sort of thing.

The SUV looks odd in the photos and needs to be significantly different to the Boss Crawler to be of interest to me.

The Car transporter looks ok for what it is and it would be interesting if it does end up scales to fit the Corvette too. Looks like the new small wheelarch is going to be available in a nice range of colours.

The Spider Crane, again I don't have many cranes in my collection to be precise I've only 1 the Mobile Mk2.

I'm excited about the new control system and what it can do ... but also a bit dissapointed as i'd just invested in an SBrick too !

However I'm most excited about the Creator Mustang, after the poor Bond Aston last year the Classic Mustang looks great.

@jrx Do you happen to remember how the outriggers of the spider crane work? Are they linked together to a common axle or are they to be opened separately? Are they mounted on small turntables?

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

On 10/11/2018 at 7:11 PM, Goldenmasamune said:

Do we know if the Zr1 Corvette that was just released is the same scale as the car with the car transporter? 

Edited by Eaglefan344

3 hours ago, Eaglefan344 said:

Do we know if the Zr1 Corvette that was just released is the same scale as the car with the car transporter? 

According to someone that saw the set, he said earlier in this thread that it appeared that zr1 looks close to scale as the car with the car transporter

On 1/31/2019 at 11:38 AM, Timorzelorzworz said:

The car transporter is 15 studs wide an matches nearly the scale of 8109 with the same rims, but the newer wheels (like Mack).

I think the truck is at least 17 studs wide. The corvette is 15 studs wide, and by the looks of it, the blue car is as well. If the cars should be able to drive on the truck, the truckbed will need to be at least 17 wide to allow for the vertical supports for the upper bed. I have build part of the truck in LDD (not sure if I'm allowed to show this here) and the cabin is definitely 15 studs wide, but the wheel arches would increase the width to 17 studs. I agree that the truck appears to sit on 49.53X20 tires, as they fit pretty well to the scale.

Edited by Cumulonimbus

Following the same logic, if blue car is the size of corvette (11" long) and it appears to me that car transported can carry 3 cars on top then it must be at least 33"-35" long (depending how much space between cars.

Just for comparison Mack is 32" long

It looks like the blue car in 42098 has new, shorter curved panels. Maybe 3x9x2. Those in the pictures dont look like the current curved panels.

Is there anything more out there besides those blurry images from instagram? I am particularly interested in car transporter and 4x4.

Corvette and the blue car have absolutely the same windshield and curved roof.

I guess it's enough to claim they are the same size cars.

On 2/2/2019 at 4:43 PM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

@jrx Do you happen to remember how the outriggers of the spider crane work? Are they linked together to a common axle or are they to be opened separately? Are they mounted on small turntables?

Sorry, can‘t remember.

20 hours ago, Eaglefan344 said:

More or less yes. Was approximately the same wide.

I know lego does this for stability and simplicity, but I just think it looks so bad and is so boring to have huge chunky bricks of lego in between the wheels of their RC cars as the live axle instead of something more resembling a real car with smaller and narrow suspension linkages and axles. And having the motor mounted right on the axle is boring too. Most of the fun would be building a drivetrain to transfer the power from up in the chassis down through the frame and suspension down to the wheels like a real car. 42098 might be like that, but from the leaked picture it just looks like 9398 2.0. And building the same axle for the front and back, with both being steered is also kinda boring.  A front axle and rear axle that are totally different would be much more interesting, with just the front being steered. 

Sorry if I'm being too negative.