Just now, AVCampos said:

You also have the 42099. It's not the same thing, but it's cheaper and also has PUp.

Let's hope so! I'd hate to see 2017's "fifty shades of blue" all over again...

Agree :wink:

10 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

or dark azure like 42070 set?

Sorry, I'm out :) That's to many blues for me (as I wrote I'm not good with colors).

1 hour ago, jrx said:

Sorry, I'm out :) That's to many blues for me (as I wrote I'm not good with colors).

Don't worry, we will see when time is right :wink:

42099 is calling to me :D even more so if the colour scheme from the pic is the final one.

Beefed up suspension and joints, black wheel arches a good amount of Control+ (hope one motor is a servo) and black rims as I seem to only have grey in that size.

Maybe some other surprises (fingers crossed)

The control+ Battery box is it around the same size as the power functions? I have a feeling it's larger. Also the motors do we think they will be studs as well or pure pin connections?

7 minutes ago, Cardboy said:

The control+ Battery box is it around the same size as the power functions?

I think it's been said somewhere that it's slightly smaller than an EV3.

Talking about 42100 B-Model, I except something like a tracked loader to reuse the bucket. Liebherr has this in production but maybe with color yellow in it. Remind to 42032 and imagine a bigger version with one hub and 4 motors to control tracks, bucket lifting and tilting. If it is not the B-Model, this will be indeed a nice C-Model moc. 

21 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

Talking about 42100 B-Model,

Since it has two hubs and more than four motors, it has everything needed to have, even as a fan-made C-model, two vehicles to battle each other, like Sumo: it'd only require an extra phone. A bit like @Philo's Kill Dozers, which use the parts from the 8275 Bulldozer but require an extra battery box and transmitter.

9 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

@jrx Any clue if the offroader uses solid axle or indpendent type of suspension? Does it have all wheel steering?

looking at the pic and the old 9398 they look very close in design I would guess only front wheel steering and a live axle design

Is it confirmed that in 42100 one hub is located in the lower structure or is it just a speculation? If so, it would mean that the hub + 3 motors (tracks + rotation) are assembled together in the lower structure. I prefer that all electrical stuff is in the upper structure, because this makes the set more technical and easier to remove the hubs for battery access. In such a case it is needed to put axles to drive the tracks trough the turntable, like in 8043. This is for a Technic set more important than driving each function with one motor directly, and it is more fun to build.

Look at the pictures, the lower structure is just a block with 21 studs and is build very basic. I don't believe that there is enough room for a hub + 3 motors inside, with the hub build in to easy access them.

Edited by Timorzelorzworz

25 minutes ago, allanp said:

Kinda looks like the SUV has no front but two rear ends!

Yeah almost like its crying out for anther competition version as it's a bit under-baked.

@Cardboy  , really!

On 1/30/2019 at 12:38 AM, Void_S said:

Interesting, will something like 9398->41999 thingy come for 42099? I would see some other muscle car on 4x4 chassis :grin:

Edited by Void_S

So this year we have a red-black-white racer, a yellow crane with 4 outriggers, and a RC 4x4 offroader. 

Feels like 2013 again.

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

So this year we have a red-black-white racer, a yellow crane with 4 outriggers, and a RC 4x4 offroader. 

Feels like 2013 again.

RC 4x4 offroader was 2012. :wink:

Hopefully the spider crane has grey gearracks and not red ones. The red ones are harder to integrate into MOCs, at least for colour-blind me.

2 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

@jrx Any clue if the offroader uses solid axle or indpendent type of suspension? Does it have all wheel steering?

independend suspension and I think only front axle steering

2 hours ago, Cardboy said:

looking at the pic and the old 9398 they look very close in design I would guess only front wheel steering and a live axle design

think so :)

Just now, suffocation said:

Hopefully the spider crane has grey gearracks and not red ones. The red ones are harder to integrate into MOCs, at least for colour-blind me.

the gear racks will be yellow

Just now, suffocation said:

Do you mean the Arocs racks? The inner part with the gear teeth looks to be dark grey or maybe even black, while the outer sleeve is yellow.

Just now, jrx said:

independend suspension and I think only front axle steering

think so :)

the gear racks will be yellow

Indepenedend? :laugh:

So it's not like the crawler which had live axles (as it kinda looks but it's very hard to tell), but like 8466 with its dual wishbone suspension? 

Thank you for all this information BTW! :classic:

9 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

So they completely changed the color from the prelim. ?

Can you PM me the preliminaries?

7 hours ago, keymaker said:

I like what I see. Car transporter trailer is big, with a lot of room for more cars - that is what I was hoping. 4x4 looks like big pickup - monster truck, also looks great. And the spider crane is... spider crane :classic:

Do you have preliminaries?

53 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think I'm gonna bricklink the red parts to make a red spider crane. Cant really feel fond of a yellow one

Perhaps you could buy 42029 set (I suppose you had gear racks) at reasonable price, but you know the best

Just now, I_Igor said:

Perhaps you could buy 42029 set (I suppose you had gear racks) at reasonable price, but you know the best

I think I'd get a 42070 to procure the gear racks and the turntables. Yellow cranes just remind me of 42009. Besides, 80% of Google search result return red spider cranes.

46 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think I'd get a 42070 to procure the gear racks and the turntables. Yellow cranes just remind me of 42009. Besides, 80% of Google search result return red spider cranes.

That was the same case with me - about 3/4 of incoming results are in red. If it would be yellow, what color is the gear rack housing?