14 hours ago, AVCampos said:

That's possible, but if the 42100 has two hubs (each with 4 ports) and 7 motors, it's also possible that one of the first hub's outputs is used to connect to an input on the second hub, thereby daisy-chaining them.

no, chaining the hubs would require to pass the wire through the turntable, 'cause one hub is located in the lower structure. One connection is spare for one light or motor. Thats the same for 42099.

11 minutes ago, rm8 said:

As I saw, 4x4 SUV can be equipped with black or dbg wheel arches of large or mid size (42056/42096). And its more like moster truck than SUV)

Ah... this set is becoming more and more interesting. It looks like great part pack already, and all we need now to somehow survive to the premiere is some leaked photo with good quality (we have video for 42100 so at least the photo for 4x4 can be possible).

2 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

Zusammengebaut compared the color of the SUV to school bus's.

So... yellow? It doesn't sound like typical SUV/pickup/monster truck color.

Edited by keymaker

Just now, keymaker said:

So... yellow? It doesn't sound like typical SUV/pickup/monster truck color.

only if

image.png.bcbc57edb564f10b4f2049186e6ba4b8.png

According to zusammengebaut.com the car transporter is black or dark blue (Truck), red (Trailer) and blue (corvette sized muscle car) and appears to be very long. 

The SUV is yellow/orange and comes with a lot of stickers. General appearance is "Beach style". 

Spider crane is yellow. 

Something wrong with the colors. May be he mixed something, but truck is white/red with blue car, spider is yellow, SUV is black or some dark color d.blue/DBG with red chassis. That's what I saw in prelim. But they can build other colors for toyfair (like with 42056) or even change colors in the final stage...

27 minutes ago, rm8 said:

But they can build other colors for toyfair (like with 42056) or even change colors in the final stage...

It may be used to prevent knock off brands starting pre-sale ;)

I see

- 5x11 tapered panels in red

- Corvette mudguards in red and medium blue (42066 colors). It's kinda weird that a truck has car wheel arches though.

- Car in 42066 medium blue.

- Cant see the size of the wheels in the car transporter truck, but since the wheel arches are the smallest, I think the wheels are the same with those in Mack trucks.

- The truck and trailer are very long but very empty because there is only one car to fill. The top story seems to be able to carry 4 cars, while the lower one 3 cars. I'm so waiting for 2020 lineup to include more cars this size.

- Spider crane arm seems to have 3x11 shell 10 holes panels in yellow, which only appear so far in 42009

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Cant see the size of the wheels in the car transporter truck, but since the wheel arches are the smallest, I think the wheels are the same with those in Mack trucks.

No, looks like Corvette has wheels from Mack. Then the truck has standard 62.4x20 wheels.

Edited by Yevhen

I like what I see. Car transporter trailer is big, with a lot of room for more cars - that is what I was hoping. 4x4 looks like big pickup - monster truck, also looks great. And the spider crane is... spider crane :classic:

Edited by keymaker

The car transporter is 15 studs wide an matches nearly the scale of 8109 with the same rims, but the newer wheels (like Mack). Seems not to be Arocs scale with Arocs tires. For this price point, this can be a very nice set.

13 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

Am i right in thinking the planetary gear isn't in 42100 and only in the 4x4?

You're right.

1 hour ago, incognito said:

there is no such thing a "german school bus color" 

the busses have the color of the company that operates them.

that is what I meant in first place, but titled as German, because fair is in Germany; perhaps it was associated with known (from movies) U.S. School bus...but @jrx knows best about it

Just now, I_Igor said:

that is what I meant in first place, but titled as German, because fair is in Germany; perhaps it was associated with known (from movies) U.S. School bus...but @jrx knows best about it

Sorry I'm really not good with colors. But I think the colors of the sets shown in Nuremberg were final as the matched the colors of the picture on the boxes.

Just now, keymaker said:

@jrx can you tell if the pictures show what you have seen?

More or less yes besides the pics are really small and bad quality. I'm a bit unsure regarding the car transporter. Look's not too familiar but maybe I'm wrong with that.

4 minutes ago, jrx said:

More or less yes besides the pics are really small and bad quality. I'm a bit unsure regarding the car transporter. Look's not too familiar but maybe I'm wrong with that. 

Yes, the color of the car transporter also looks strange to me. And the muscle car, I can imagine bunch of more suitable colors for this type of car, so why they choose medium blue? No clue. Money perhaps.

For the muscle car I think the colors were medium blue or turquoise - some kind of blue so to say :) So the picture is right on this point.

Hi forum,

the Liebherr surely looks impressive! I agree with the concerns that there may be not too much interesting mechanical stuff happening, since there is a motor for every function, but on the other hand I've been waiting for a Technic set that showcases the Powered Up technology, and this surely is it! (Different name, but same framework as far as I know.) Looking forward to the build, but also to see what we can come up with ourselves with the new parts. Should be fun to integrate sensors and build an autonomous vehicle.

The price tag of course is an issue, but the set surely shows that Lego sees potential in the Technic line and if this one sells well, we can expect more "monster Technic sets" in the future. I think I'll do my part to contribute to that, this set just looks irresistible :-) 

14 minutes ago, jrx said:

For the muscle car I think the colors were medium blue or turquoise - some kind of blue so to say :) So the picture is right on this point.

or dark azure like 42070 set?

6 minutes ago, henning47 said:

I've been waiting for a Technic set that showcases the Powered Up technology, and this surely is it!

6 minutes ago, henning47 said:

The price tag of course is an issue

You also have the 42099. It's not the same thing, but it's cheaper and also has PUp.

Just now, I_Igor said:

or dark azure like 42070 set?

Let's hope so! I'd hate to see 2017's "fifty shades of blue" all over again...