5 minutes ago, SilenWin said:

So, if hubs are just a bit bigger and they still fit into original Lego rims like 15038 - maybe there are some metal gears inside? (that would explain "ball bearing" effect)
Or maybe you have another versions? 

I think so. What do you mean with "another version"?

1 hour ago, jrx said:

Yes - in a new color. After red and dbg they're yellow.

And 4 items in a one set!

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

@jrx In the Spider crane is the crane arm telescopic? Does the crane arm use the new yellow gear rack as well?

Sorry, can't remember :wacko:

@jrx In the Spider crane is the crane arm telescopic? Does the crane arm use the new yellow gear rack as well?

I doubt TLG would make a longer version of the already long gear racks.

Let's keep building arms and booms of beams! 

3 minutes ago, Ivan_M said:

obsolete AA batteries

Personally I prefer it that way: AA batteries are easy to replace once worn out. For example, if the 4.5V trains or the first Control Centre used proprietary batteries, nowadays it'd be extremely hard to make them work.

On the other hand, nowadays it's almost inexcusable that the industry hasn't come up with a standardised lithium rechargeable battery to replace AAs and their friends.

2 minutes ago, jrx said:

I think so. What do you mean with "another version"?

Something like multi-staged gear reduction (i.e. in XL or L motors), where gears are small and plastic. Or just trivial plastic gears (4 or 5 in a hub). But these options are weak and I don't think Lego would release such a flimsy product in a "offroader" set. 

11 minutes ago, Ivan_M said:

What I don't like is the advised size of the new BB/hub, it goes straight into opposite direction making electronics smaller. I mean look at every modern electronic device, tool or toy. Everything is running on lithium batteries, even the cheapest stuff. Here we have the most expensive toy on market loaded with obsolete AA batteries and hub sized at least double of buwizz.

I disagree, LiOns wear out and can be hard to replace as there isn't one standard design.  Whereas AA's are universal and infinitely replaceable.

1 minute ago, AVCampos said:

On the other hand, nowadays it's almost inexcusable that the industry hasn't come up with a standardised lithium rechargeable battery to replace AAs and their friends.

Rechargeable AA batteries are LiOn.

23 minutes ago, SilenWin said:

Something like multi-staged gear reduction (i.e. in XL or L motors), where gears are small and plastic. Or just trivial plastic gears (4 or 5 in a hub). But these options are weak and I don't think Lego would release such a flimsy product in a "offroader" set. 

Agreed fully. From feeling when turning the axle I would say it's metal inside and not multi-staged.

Just now, Bartybum said:

@jrx Do you know if the LBG ball frame and DBG socket make a return in the off-roader or any of the other sets?

Unfortunately not :/

27 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

I am no expert, but I think it has come up with such a battery. It's called 18560.

Can anyone enlighten me on what the new planetary gear hub is, how it works, and how it is supposed to improve the design of off road models?

3 minutes ago, jrx said:

Oh it’s definitely the end times :( I hate that they don’t use it anymore

Can anyone enlighten me on what the new planetary gear hub is, how it works, and how it is supposed to improve the design of off road models?

The metal will make things run smoother with better tolerances probably, and the hubs themselves will allow more gear reduction.

7 hours ago, keymaker said:

If I understood correctly, LEGO has a new official partner - Liebherr (so far there was only volvo in case of building machines, am I right?). So we can expect more heavy machinery with cool functions in the future! :wub:

:classic:  :thumbup:

26 minutes ago, Bartybum said:
37 minutes ago, jrx said:

Oh it’s definitely the end times :( I hate that they don’t use it anymore

I meant I can't tell. Maybe they used them maybe not.

32 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Here's a video explaining planetary gears very well. the improvements are: more durable, more torque at wheels, less torque on drivetrain

Just now, w219 said:

So if body of new SUV is not like 8081, it is a pick up then ?

Yes. Sort of.

Edited by jrx

Well it sounds a bit exciting now. In terms of size, the body ( not the frame ) is close to 42069 or way smaller ?

1 hour ago, Les_Paul said:

Rechargeable AA batteries are LiOn.

Actually, most are NiMH. LiIon and LiPo, whose voltages (3.7 V) differ greatly from NiMH (1.2 V) and alcaline (1.5 V), need an embedded conversion circuit to be used as drop-in replacements. So, we'd need six of these "LiIon AAs" on a ~9V device (like the majority in LEGO) instead of just two of that new standard.

Yes I know, there are cylindrical, AA-like, 3.7V LiIon batteries available, but, as far as I know, outside of flashlights they're not standardised.

35 minutes ago, w219 said:

In terms of size, the body ( not the frame ) is close to 42069 or way smaller ?

Size is about the same like 9398 and 41999

29 minutes ago, Cardboy said:

The new hubs are they 23801 or 92908 size?

Similar to 23801, a little bigger, new "arms" with cross hole and pin hole.

I think the best compromise would be, if the BB could charge normal AA rechargable batteries. This was, you could simply change the battery if the child doesn't want to wait until it's charged if it's empty. But you could also charge it, without opening the BB.

Well this sounds more and more exciting.

If it is roughly the same size than 9398 but with 400 parts less, mechanic must be very very simple or there was a big waste with 9398. 4 wheels directed or only 2 ?

4 hours ago, Yevhen said:

Also designers have enough time to make the b model until August!

Actually they don't. Everything should be finished by like March if it isn't yet.

Well, first of all, TLG, well done, Bravo! It's a very brave step. I've heard so many times "TLG can't make a set like fan's moc", and had to answer "they can, but it will cost over xxxx". Now all of this haters will see that.

I guess it's some kind of experiment "are customers prepared to pay for really big, detail, fully-motorised set or they just complaining about". You think that you want... You think you do, but you don't (c).

I'm absolutely ok with the new system, cause I pretty sure that 2-3 weeks after release I will download an app in play market to control ctrl+, sbrick with bt-gamepad, so it's not a problem. Migration will be very smooth.

Only one thing heart me, and it's a pain in the megablocks: AA batteries!

Hello, TLG, It's 2019! My watches have micro-usb+lipo, my pad has it, my phone has it, my headphones has it. Every single 10$ Chinese toy has it.

Do I really need to buy batteries every week? Or buy really expensive rechargeable batteries and also find place and time to recharge them? Or waste my time to find the place to utilize them? I'm ok with regular battery boxes in sets, I have rather a big wardrobe to store them, lol. But now it's not useless piece plastic, it's magic-box with bt and gyroscope. And AA batteries? 
Edited by februar88

So I understand that there's a new RC hub with 8 port, is that right?

I've just thought about how common this new hub will be in future sets. Not every set is RC, and not even if it's RC not every RC is going to utilize 7 motors. So there should be another smaller hub for the 4x4 SUV. And this CONTROL+ technology is gonna appear in RC sets only. Maybe we'll get a new kind of battery box for the new motors that are gonna be used in non RC motorized set.

So I understand that there's a new RC hub with 8 port, is that right?

2 x hub with 4 ports each, no physical connection between them (in 42100)