12 hours ago, Cumulonimbus said:

R9800 with a more traditional excavator boom. I have a suspicion this might be the B-model if there will be any in this set.

Most probably it will be some dozer (should be)

As it is a licenced flagship set, I wouldn't expect any B model. I say, keep the expectations low regarding this.

So which set is the flagship for 2019 then? At 230 EUR the 42099 SUV clearly hits the price point for the annual flagship. But there is also 42100.

Maybe co-flagships, both with flap boxes?

Or maybe 42099 is the flap flagship, and the 42100 comes in a premium box like the Chiron / a bulk box like the Millennium Falcon. 

14 minutes ago, agrof said:

As it is a licenced flagship set, I wouldn't expect any B model. I say, keep the expectations low regarding this.

The Unimog and Volvo loader have B-models, and with that many parts I'd say a Liebherr B-model is highly likely.

I don't think it's too hard to imagine a bulldozer, crawler crane or such alternative models.

Edited by Zerobricks

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

The Unimog and Volvo loader have B-models, and with that many parts I'd say a Liebherr B-model is highly likely.

The Unimog B model isn't really a B model...

The same goes for the Class B model, the Mercedes Benz B model...

If there is a B model for the Liebherr, I'd say it's still the same R9800 with a backhoe attachment (that's how Liebherr call the variation with the traditional inward bucket arm). The arm in the main model is called face shovel attachment.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

19 minutes ago, agrof said:

Off the top of my head, 42030 and 42043 had B models. 8110 and 42054 had different attachments as B models.

Just now, suffocation said:

Off the top of my head, 42030 and 42043 had B models. 8110 and 42054 had different attachments as B models.

Damn, forgot 42043! 42054 isn't a flagship, though it should be.

With so many parts and motors, designers can definitely provide us a decent B model. And I really wish something with level of the difference like @nico71 C model for 42082 RTC rather than official 42082 B model.

This year is only an electrical one. We get 10 (!) Motors in 2 Sets, with the first half we have 3 RC sets. Is it really neccessary to line up the new system with two sets together? This offers only adult wishes. I miss the playability sets with gearboxes. For each set, each function is powered by one motor, with no gearbox inside. We can excpect the 42097 and 42098 as full operable, but with no gearbox, meaning one knob controls exactly one function. It is interesting, but in such a powerful lineup, the 42094 seems to be the only set which has a gearbox inside, which is a bit poor. RC is cool, but it is way too much for this year.

Edited by Timorzelorzworz

I was thinking more about the Porsche sets. I stand my opinion, and I don't expect any B-model. In case there will be one (and there are pretty damn good machines at Liebherr's pallet), I will be only positively surprised. This is my life strategy, I call it "realistic pessimism", till now it worked well, I had quite few real disappointments. :grin:

1 hour ago, keymaker said:

With so many parts and motors, designers can definitely provide us a decent B model. And I really wish something with level of the difference like @nico71 C model for 42082 RTC rather than official 42082 B model.

Also designers have enough time to make the b model until August!

12 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Would it be more similar to the 8081, then?

No, completely different

3 hours ago, JonathanM said:

@jrx Thanks for the info! Did you see what type of battery the new Control+ system uses? Is it AA, or integrated LiPo?

As shown in Nuremberg it uses AA batteries.

3 hours ago, Lipko said:

These changes will make another bunch of MOCs obsolete. That longer actuator is awesome and will greatly improve any crane-like models a lot. It's pretty hard to keep up, one-year development of a MOC is too long now.

Don't think so. If you have some genius solution that's more cool than using the new elements.

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

So which set is the flagship for 2019 then? At 230 EUR the 42099 SUV clearly hits the price point for the annual flagship. But there is also 42100.

Maybe co-flagships, both with flap boxes?

Or maybe 42099 is the flap flagship, and the 42100 comes in a premium box like the Chiron / a bulk box like the Millennium Falcon. 

The boxes at Toy Fair were prototypes and were more like those from 42055.

30 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

@jrx Does the spider crane use the gear racks from 42043?

Yes - in a new color. After red and dbg they're yellow.

3 minutes ago, jrx said:

Yes - in a new color. After red and dbg they're yellow.

Woohoo thanks for the info. That sounds awesome.

Just want to confirm again, the outriggers are just plainly telescopic like this right?

164554.png

I mean not the two-section, jointed, foldable ones like this right?

3a6acee1038521f5f183cdaddf47bd23.jpg

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

18 hours ago, jrx said:

The hubs are only slightly bigger than the existing ones. Can't tell much about the ratio but it seems like something 1:4. I was able to remove a hub from the 4x4 and played a little with it. It rotates really smoothly. I guess there's ball gearing inside. Nearly sure it's metal inside.

The new shafts seems much stronger. The connection between shaft and wheel hub is nearly as big as the bionicle balls (judging with my eyes … don't pin me with that).

@jrx, sorry for stupid questions, but I'm so curious :grin:
So there is planetary reduction drive not in wheel (like brick-built versions based on 48452 part), but in wheelhub? Like modern 23801
And new shafts is like CV-joints for new hubs? Like 32494 part, but larger and stronger? 

31 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Just want to confirm again, the outriggers are just plainly telescopic like this right?

right, I can confirm this

5 minutes ago, SilenWin said:

sorry for stupid questions

all fine :)

6 minutes ago, SilenWin said:

So there is planetary reduction drive not in wheel (like brick-built versions based on 48452 part), but in wheelhub? Like modern 23801

Yes exactly

6 minutes ago, SilenWin said:

And new shafts is like CV-joints for new hubs? Like 32494 part, but larger and stronger?

Yes

Just now, jrx said:

Yes exactly

So, if hubs are just a bit bigger and they still fit into original Lego rims like 15038 - maybe there are some metal gears inside? (that would explain "ball bearing" effect)
Or maybe you have another versions? 

Many of the last years official Technic models is using a BB and PF motor, combined with a gearbox for selecting functions. How is this going to be solved with the new Control+ setup? Is it possible to use the hub without a BT device?

7 motors for 7 functions? It's a great resource set, of course, but it means it doesn't have advanced mechanics, nor gearbox. Perhaps every single motor is linked directly to its function and it doesn't sound good to me.

What I don't like is the advised size of the new BB/hub, it goes straight into opposite direction making electronics smaller. I mean look at every modern electronic device, tool or toy. Everything is running on lithium batteries, even the cheapest stuff. Here we have the most expensive toy on market loaded with obsolete AA batteries and hub sized at least double of buwizz.