OK, now THIS is epic.

And waaaay out of my budget (but then again, so remains 42082).

I hope there will be lots of good videos, cuz that's as close as I'm getting to it.

2020 comes early this year...

42097 and 42098, I must buy.

42099 and 42100, I must bye.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

230 euros for 958 parts is way too expensive even with 3 motors, IR receiver battery box and controller.

At first i was very excited about this SUV and when i heard about part count and price, my excitment went back to 0.

3 minutes ago, w219 said:

230 euros for 958 parts is way too expensive even with 3 motors, IR receiver battery box and controller.

Unfortunately 130 euros is only for this Control+ elements. And yes, it is expensive.... I think that when the price drops to ~160 euros then it will be a good deal. And only if this control+ elements would be really awsome. What I am most excited in this model are mentioned by @jrx new wheel hubs with integrated planetary gears and maybe ball bearing and new joint shafts (stronger) . I really wish to know more about them :classic:

Yes i will probably buy it but with a huge discount because i need its parts.

I agree with you, new parts sounds exciting.

Interesting, what size of box Liebherr will have? Maybe it could fit in size of Chiron box, but there could be something special.

And now we have to wait for some 10 000 pcs set in few years ....

The presentation for the 42100 Liebherr says 'real life sounds'. I had a bit of an accident in my underpants when seeing that. Of course, I quickly realized they'd be coming from the smartphone…

Oh well. This thing is still epic. Any guesses on what all the -slightly ugly- yellow bits sticking out are? Especially in the undercarriage they look out of place (on the boom they could be fake lights, but on the undercarriage?).

I am seriously impressed! :wub_drool: A lot of new stuff coming, the models and the collaboration with Liebherr sound promising.

Based on the fact that the description says it will have motor feedback into the phone app, I'm assuming the plugs have to be the new BOOST-type plugs (6-wire vs. 4-wire).  So say goodbye to the Power Functions connectors, everyone! :laugh:  It is a shame that they are moving toward 100% smartphone-based interfaces.  I just don't like moving sliders on glass, I don't like having to give my phone to others when at a show so they can control the model, I don't like having to stop controlling the model when someone calls me, and I don't like that the "sounds" stop as soon as your phone goes to sleep.

I am already close to having speed-dependent sound for SBrick and LEGO IR/PF receivers, more details on that soon.  Seems I should also start working on a soundsystem for this new architecture as well.

i'm very excited. Its a big price tag, so i'm hoping the details pack a punch... i usually pay about 60% of the rrp for flagships, so i reckon it could be available for £250 by about october. I'll just work a bit harder.

Work harder, get more cash, buy bigger toys - thats how it works, right?!

2 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Thx @jrx, there goes the budget...:ugh: I really hope that those new hubs and stronger universal joints in 42099 will allow much bigger torque. Summer seem so far away right now :cry_happy: Kidney, anyone?

I would also offer a kidney ... ;) Just kidding. The new sets are really exciting.

2 hours ago, keymaker said:

@jrx If you are there, on place, and you can touch the models or at least look at them from close, can you tell something more about:

- integrated planetary gears and maybe ball bearing

- new joint shafts (stronger)

- trailer  for car transporter

- mudguards small in red und turquoise (blue) (all of them all the same size like in corvette?)

The hubs are only slightly bigger than the existing ones. Can't tell much about the ratio but it seems like something 1:4. I was able to remove a hub from the 4x4 and played a little with it. It rotates really smoothly. I guess there's ball gearing inside. Nearly sure it's metal inside.

The new shafts seems much stronger. The connection between shaft and wheel hub is nearly as big as the bionicle balls (judging with my eyes … don't pin me with that).

The trailer is built straight forward and reminds me on some of the MOCs we have seen over the years. It's a normal car trailer with upper and lower deck like those going over European streets all day.

Yes, the mudguards are the same size like in the corvette.

49 minutes ago, w219 said:

At first i was very excited about this SUV and when i heard about part count and price, my excitment went back to 0.

It's a really good and cool looking truck. Don't miss the new sophisticated wheel hubs. I think those will be really expensive too. And there's a servo inside which is also more expensive as the other motors (comparing it to the PF system).

Edit: The connectors are the same as with Boost and Powered Up. A spokes person said all three systems are compatible.

Edited by jrx

Just now, jrx said:

I would also offer a kidney ... ;) Just kidding. The new sets are really exciting.

The hubs are only slightly bigger than the existing ones. Can't tell much about the ratio but it seems like something 1:4. I was able to remove a hub from the 4x4 and played a little with it. It rotates really smoothly. I guess there's ball gearing inside. Nearly sure it's metal inside.

The new shafts seems much stronger. The connection between shaft and wheel hub is nearly as big as the bionicle balls (judging with my eyes … don't pin me with that).

The trailer is built straight forward and reminds me on some of the MOCs we have seen over the years. It's a normal car trailer with upper and lower deck like those going over European streets all day.

Yes, the mudguards are the same size like in the corvette.

It's a really good and cool looking truck. Don't miss the new sophisticated wheel hubs. I think those will be really expensive too. And there's a servo inside which is also more expensive as the other motors (comparing it to the PF system).

Edit: The connectors are the same as with Boost and Powered Up. A spokes person said all three systems are compatible.

Thanks for the details on the hub! So, does it it look more like the Technic battery box or the PF system/Powered UP battery box? And do I read correctly that you're saying it has built in motors? How many ports does it have for plugging in more motors?

Just now, Mr Hobbles said:

Thanks for the details on the hub! So, does it it look more like the Technic battery box or the PF system/Powered UP battery box? And do I read correctly that you're saying it has built in motors? How many ports does it have for plugging in more motors?

Roughly it has the size of the mindstorms hub, maybe a bit smaller. Motors are not integrated. So you can connect 4 motors to one hub and link two (maybe more) hubs. So you can control all motors at the same time.

Just now, jrx said:

Roughly it has the size of the mindstorms hub, maybe a bit smaller. Motors are not integrated. So you can connect 4 motors to one hub and link two (maybe more) hubs. So you can control all motors at the same time.

Thanks! Do I understand that the hubs be connected together physically then, like with a wire?

Glad to hear the motors are not integrated. :) That makes me breathe a sigh of relief.

Edited by Mr Hobbles

@jrx Thanks a lot for the info.

- What wheels does the SUV truck have? Like, Unimog wheels, 9398 wheels, or Claas wheels?
- What wheels does the Car Transporter have?
- What color is the spider crane, the car transporter, and the SUV in?
- What are the SUV's functions? 4 motors mean steer, drive, and 2 more, isnt it?
- Does the spider crane looks like this 

164554.png

or like this

3a6acee1038521f5f183cdaddf47bd23.jpg

- Does the spider crane use the Arocs telescopic gear racks?

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

14 minutes ago, jrx said:

... The trailer is built straight forward and reminds me on some of the MOCs we have seen over the years. It's a normal car trailer with upper and lower deck like those going over European streets all day.

Like this (n)MOC?

screen-shot-2016-01-04-at-12-34-58.png?w

PS: I must say I'm sightly confused about the "no press" and "no camera's" policy at the fair and yet they show the flagship in almost all its glory.

Edited by Cumulonimbus

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

42099 and 42100, I must bye.

It sounds like bye bye

Hopefully the 4x4 Crawler has new shock absorbers of the longer versions. This would be very awesome.

@jrx Hello, i would be very happy if you can answer this please :

For the SUV, what does it looks like ? Like 9398, like a Mercedes-Benz G class or more like a Range Rover SUV ? How big is it ?

Thanks a lot.

Its less than a medium latte a day until release date... most people spend £50 a month in starbucks. Drink less coffee and start a flagship-fund!!

24 minutes ago, Mr Hobbles said:

Thanks! Do I understand that the hubs be connected together physically then, like with a wire?

No, they are connected together to the phone. Haven't seen a cable connection (but it's not .

22 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

What wheels does the SUV truck have? Like, Unimog wheels, 9398 wheels, or Claas wheels?

Claas wheels/tires.

What wheels does the Car Transporter have?

Small wheels, but I don't remember exactly.

What color is the spider crane, the car transporter, and the SUV in?

crane: yellow

car transporter: red muscle car turquise (? I'm not good at colors)

SUV: didn't remember. was a tough day :)

What are the SUV's functions? 4 motors mean steer, drive, and 2 more, isnt it?

Driving (1 motor per axle), steering - three motors at all. Suspension. Maybe mechanical winch, but I'm not sure.

Does the spider crane looks like this 

Yes, maybe a bit taller.

20 minutes ago, Cumulonimbus said:

Like this (n)MOC?

Yes :) But maybe smaller

14 minutes ago, Robin_IV said:

Hopefully the 4x4 Crawler has new shock absorbers of the longer versions. This would be very awesome.

Don't think so.

13 minutes ago, w219 said:

For the SUV, what does it looks like ? Like 9398, like a Mercedes-Benz G class or more like a Range Rover SUV ? How big is it ?

2 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

What does the 4x4 look like?

It reminds me of 9398. But it's completely different 

Edited by jrx

Just now, jrx said:

Don't think so.

But what for kind of shock absorbers would you expect then? The short ones will not fit for a crawler

I know cars have a lot of fans but heavy machinery is different, we will see if the Liebherr has so many buyers as the Bugatti or Porsche.