Just now, dimaks13 said:

Liebherr R 9800 Bagger with new RC and more than 4000 pieces.

I love it but we would need black sprockets and longer linear actuators.

Just now, dimaks13 said:

That is massive...

1:1 Liebherr R9800 (picture from Liebherr Mining)

Hm...it could be done with sprockets large or even with new xl...

Just now, jorgeopesi said:

I love it but we would need black sprockets and longer linear actuators.

With sprockets large (from 42094) should fit, or am I wrong? With such bug upper-structure it could easy have 4000 parts; just look on last year's RTC - only 12 parts for one wheel cover...

Just now, blondasek said:

Also, it is not powerup

Almost surely it has the same protocol, with the same plugs, and (at least some of) the same motors, but with a different name. Another name to add to WeDo 2.0, Boost and Powered Up.

First sneak peek of LIEBHERR R9800 set with new CONTROL+ system. More than 4000 parts, 7 motors and 2 CONTROL+ hubs. More details and infos after 18h CET. 

Just now, AVCampos said:

Almost surely it has the same protocol, with the same plugs, and (at least some of) the same motors, but with a different name. Another name to add to WeDo 2.0, Boost and Powered Up.

Not necessary - it would have at least 5 engines -> 3 functions. I really do not think that Lego would use 2 battery boxes. But I will be highly disappointed if they will do it.

That LA body is ~11 studs long + mount, that is very nice. The bucket is single piece

39 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

Thank you for the info. Sounds like a new level for an official Technic set: Seven motors, two smart-hubs, smart-phone support and a Liebherr licence.

What the actual f... this thing is a monster.

Also, tell me those aren’t new long LAs.

I WANT good lord do I WANT

Just now, blondasek said:

Not necessary - it would have at least 5 engines -> 3 functions. I really do not think that Lego would use 2 battery boxes. But I will be highly disappointed if they will do it.

Yes, I deeply believe Technic sets won't use the PUp hub currently present on the trains and the Batmobile, but instead something with odd (as in the opposite of even, not as in "weird") dimensions, pin-based mounting instead of stud-based, powered by AA batteries, and hopefully with more outputs.

What I'm complaining about is the myriad of names. Power Functions is nice in that it encompasses a lot of things, whereas now we're getting a lot of names to label the same system.

Also it’s gonna be a monstrous oof on the wallet. What’s the bet this thing is $350+ US

Edited by Bartybum

According to the video above, there seems to me that there has to be some new RC platform. Control+? is it possible?

I did not read previous discussion, sorry.

Edited by HorcikDesigns

And I forgot to say new bucket without have seen the pics... it is the best Lego creation I have ever seen. Inside this monster there are room enough for 5 motors, 3 receptors, 1 battery and a gearbox for 8 functions, I have done the same in less space before.

Edited by jorgeopesi

The Pneumatic hoses are just for the look, there are no pneumatic funktions..

But maybe i am wrong.

Price is 449,99€ .... OH MY GOD!

Also this set will get to us with CONTROL+:

- LEGO Technic 4×4 Extrem-Geländewagen 42099, mit CONTROL+ Funktion (ganz neu), drei Motoren, Einzelradaufhängung, UVP 229,99 Euro

Technic Liebherr 9800!
LIVE TICKER Assembled.com

FOUR new Summer Technic Sets, available from 1st August

LEGO Technic car transporter 42096, 2x1 model, a vehicle, the same size as the Corvette, which can be taken on the transporter!

LEGO Technic Spider Crane 42097, manual, no power functions, 2in1 model, RRP 89,99 Euro

LEGO Technic 4x4 Extreme SUV 42099, with CONTROL + function (brand new), three engines, independent, RRP € 229.99

LEGO Technic Liebherr 9800 42100, seven (!) Motors that are individually controllable, two smart hubs, that is CONTROL + function, 449.99 Euro RRP

Follow Assembled for all #ToyFair news 

Google translated, probably not close to accurate... 

Now about those codenames... 4x4 extreme SUV could be the elephant. Something big and strong. The Liebherr could be the flamingo, because of the arm/neck.

Just now, siddparkar said:

So this is code name Elephant. What about flamingo? Any news about 42100?

42100 is the LEGO Technic Liebherr 9800.

Just now, LvdH said:

Google translated, probably not close to accurate... 

Now about those codenames... 4x4 extreme SUV could be the elephant. Something big and strong. The Liebherr could be the flamingo, because of the arm/neck.

Translation is ok. But it means "independent suspension".