Forget about excavator

big sprocket but it is CLAAS Jaguar 960 Terra Trac

mark my word :tongue: 

Wow ? seems like you have an insiders 

for us to mark your word 

Just now, Dylan M said:

Wow ? seems like you have an insiders 

for us to mark your word 

See my previous post. Please don't continue to use this as a speculation topic.

Hmm, ~2500 pieces on the car transporter.

If it would include a car at 42093 Corvette scale that would mean ~600 pieces for the car.

That would leave us with ~1900 pieces for the truck (~same as 8258 crane truck which is in Arocs scale). Sounds promising...

In the past, if there was a confidential set, its name and image were blocked, but it was still present in the pre-release set list published by the stores.

The fact that a store already listed two sets means there are gonna be only two sets for 2H.

TLG went all out for last year 2H I think so scaling back for this year isnt surprising.

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

In the past, if there was a confidential set, its name and image were blocked, but it was still present in the pre-release set list published by the stores.

The fact that a store already listed two sets means there are gonna be only two sets for 2H.

TLG went all out for last year 2H I think so scaling back for this year isnt surprising.

I definitely understand your reasoning, but I'm not convinced. I'm still putting money on a "and then there's this set"  scenario.

Just now, Jim said:

I definitely understand your reasoning, but I'm not convinced. I'm still putting money on a "and then there's this set"  scenario.

Wait so you’re not certain? I thought you pretty much confirmed it was happening?

10 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Well, since the URL contains both set number and exact set name in french, we would only be able to find any other link if we exactly knew how it is numbered and named in french right? The fact that the poster of the links only posted 2 links, doesn't mean there are just 2 links. And as @Jim said, the fact there are 2 links doesn't mean per se there will be just 2 sets.

Not implying anything here (I have no inside info whatsoever), but just sticking to what we do know atm.

EDIT: actually we still know nothing about 2h for sure...

Edited by Rudivdk

7 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Wait so you’re not certain? I thought you pretty much confirmed it was happening?

Confirmed? I haven't confirmed anything. I have expressed my educated guess based on rumors and the new sprocket. I have said it before and I will say it again; I don't have more information than you guys. And when I happen to have (tangible, confidential) information, I don't participate in the discussion.

What could be the case is that this Elusive model will be the first with Technic PUP components and TLG isn't sure if they can deliver in time. Hence, they haven't communicated this with retailers yet. Again, I'm simply thinking out loud here. 

Another option is that TLG is creating a smokescreen. They allow retailers to expose these two sets while making serious threats about exposing the flagship set.

Ide be very surprised if there was only two sets for summer this year. A car transporter just doesn't seem very flagship like to me.

1 minute ago, allanp said:

Ide be very surprised if there was only two sets for summer this year. A car transporter just doesn't seem very flagship like to me.

This :thumbup:

I’m not sure if this is s clue either, but those 2 sets are 10+ and 11+ so I really think there must be more to come! 

Jim’s thoughts on PuP and it being ready or not seem plausible- as would be TLG desire to keep it under wraps for as long as possible!

To counter my earlier statements:

- Usually all designers work on at least one A model in a year. This year Markus, Uwe, and Milan apparently don't work on any set of the 1H. So maybe 2H will have 3 sets, each designed by one.
- It looks nice to end the current system with a big 42099 and kick off 2020 with 42100 or another new number system. 
- Maybe 42099 is going to be like 41999 in the sense that it involves fan design of some sort so its design is not final.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Do you mean 42099? 

Doesn't make sense to switch numbers, just to end a certain Technology.

On 1/11/2019 at 4:58 PM, Jim said:

If TLG can use it in multiple sets, they will use it in multiple sets. There is no valid reason not to. There  will be a big excavator coming this year. Mark my words :wink:

My apologies, it was this comment that got me confused

Sorry my bad I've corrected. Maybe the series will continue with 42100, or maybe the counting will jump to another prefix, like how things turned out in 2011 (81xx), 2012 (93xx), 2013 (42000). Regardless of the number, the 420xx series has been wildly successful, so wrapping up with a bang makes symbolic sense, and we all know how TLG like symbolic senses.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Just now, Bartybum said:

My apologies, it was this comment that got me confused

I'm sorry that I posted it so convincingly :tongue:

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Sorry my bad I've corrected. Maybe the series will continue with 42100, or maybe the counting will jump to another prefix, like how things turned out in 2011 (81xx), 2012 (93xx), 2013 (42000). Regardless of the number, the 420xx series has been wildly successful, so wrapping up with a bang makes symbolic sense, and we all know how TLG like symbolic senses.

You could be right. Time will tell :sweet:

12 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Eh I don’t see any reason to change the prefix. I’m fairly sure they switched to universal use of five digit set numbers across all themes to maximise the length of time they could use it for.

By 2020, ~100 Technic sets will have been released since the start of 2013. That’s 7 years for 100 sets. If we assume there’s 1000 sets allowed (42000-42999), that’s 70 years worth of sets before a prefix reset is needed.

If we assume the theme with the most sets has three times the number of sets per year, that still allows almost a 25 year lifespan for a prefix.

If they change the prefix, much like with what I said about people’s wishes for a PF-pneumatic excavator in the wish list thread I will eat my foot.

Edited by Bartybum

26 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Honestly, I do not care much about "numerology", but as most of customers I care about set itself (and parts), so I think people will mostly be concerned with sets than numbers. In history we realized that very interesting sets can be made despite names that sound lame in the first place, so let's concentrate on sets rather than numbers (and sets value does not have to be judged by parts per cent :wink: )

Maybe... just maybe... the (flatbed- ?) truck has the same color scheme as the rumored star of the 2H sets... and you can transport it! :)

Edited by Cyber Master

Just now, Cyber Master said:

Maybe... just maybe... the (flatbed- ?) truck has the same color scheme as the rumored star of the 2H sets... and you can transport it! :)

There is no rumored flatbed truck. The truck is a car transporter.

3 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

Well, since the URL contains both set number and exact set name in french, we would only be able to find any other link if we exactly knew how it is numbered and named in french right?

I googled "lego 42097" and "lego 42098" with the quote marks, and got the url to the French store among meaningful results. No need to know exactly how it is numbered and named in French

And I tried "lego 42099 as well". Didn't get any meaningful result.

On another note, I've just thought that, maybe TLG skip numbers in the product lineups this year and last year so that the final set of the 420xx series is the final set of 2019 and also the PU debut set.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen