13 hours ago, LvdH said:

Interesting... Perhaps they will have 3 or even 4 (every quarter) waves?! I’m not against it, to be honest. 

In reality there are 3 waves already: the usual Jan one, the usual Aug one, and the oft-forgotten Dec one. I wouldn't be surprised if TLG is to take some sets in the Aug wave and release them earlier, like in June.

6 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

In Vietnamese we have one word for both loader and excavator: "scooping machine". Makes me wonder whether the translations into VNmese are right or wrong.

Or maybe it's Schrodinger translations.

Perhaps catalog printing companies have Tarzan as translator :laugh: due to economy...

4 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

In reality there are 3 waves already: the usual Jan one, the usual Aug one, and the oft-forgotten Dec one. I wouldn't be surprised if TLG is to take some sets in the Aug wave and release them earlier, like in June.

Bugatti was released in May or June, so can we consider a spring wave?

The december sets are the next years sets.

11 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

In Vietnamese we have one word for both loader and excavator: "scooping machine". Makes me wonder whether the translations into VNmese are right or wrong.

Or maybe it's Schrodinger translations.

You mean the set is in a dual mode, both the excavator and loader exists, until you open the box and see for your self which one it is? ?

16 minutes ago, kolbjha said:

You mean the set is in a dual mode, both the excavator and loader exists, until you open the box and see for your self which one it is? ?

I mean since "scooping machine" can refers to either an excavator or a loader, translating either of them into "scooping machine" in Vietnamese is both right and wrong :grin:.

But your interpretation makes sense as well and I like it haha.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

On 1/3/2019 at 8:01 PM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

"oft-forgotten Dec one"?is the same sets that will release in Jan one (Officially) How it become "3 waves "..????

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:47 AM, dimaks13 said:

I'm not completely sure, but it seems like the two sets I mentioned are earlier than August release and there might be something for August not known yet.

It has been mentioned briefly 

Deep in the dark miserable month of January... desperate for something 2H flagship related to brighten winter up!! I'm i the only one?! 

53 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

Deep in the dark miserable month of January... desperate for something 2H flagship related to brighten winter up!! I'm i the only one?! 

No, definitely not; new xl sprocket are making me curious what we can expect in Summer time...

As I think they will not make two sets with the same  NEW pieces in the same year! Knowing that pieces is the important  one ?

6 hours ago, Dylan M said:

As I think they will not make two sets with the same  NEW pieces in the same year! Knowing that pieces is the important  one ?

If TLG can use it in multiple sets, they will use it in multiple sets. There is no valid reason not to. There  will be a big excavator coming this year. Mark my words :wink:

8 hours ago, Sjoemie himself said:

Hoping they will make the XL sprocket in black.. got some agricultural equipment in mind that could use this sprocket.

That won’t happen this year. Given the fact that TLG likes to minimize the parts used per range of sets. But maybe next year.

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Jim saw the catalogue!!!!!

Most definitely not. I don’t have a friend of a friend.

But there have been rumors. I predicted a Bulldozer or Excavator without these rumors and now I’m semi-convinced it will be the Excavator.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I predicted a Bulldozer or Excavator without these rumors and now I’m semi-convinced it will be the Excavator.

That is not impossible, so let's be (nicely) surprised in few months   ...

1 hour ago, Jim said:

There  will be a big excavator coming this year. Mark my words

I do hope so... fingers are firmly crossed. There is something very enjoyable about building that type of model (BWE, rough terrain crain etc)... it feels like its technics natural home. 

38 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

surprised in few month

A few months?!! That long!

Just now, TeamThrifty said:

A few months?!! That long!

Yes, usually at Nuremberg toy Fair we got confirmation; whether in pictorial or just in written form :wink:

2 hours ago, Jim said:

There  will be a big excavator coming this year. Mark my words :wink:

???I'm happy to be wronged... at last the most interesting topic 

we are alive again... 

tnx 

im a big fun of construction vehicle 

18 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

Thats end of Jan though isn't it? 3 weeks... i can survive for 3 weeks!

Indeed, it is almost middle of January. If TLC sticks to policy - no photos, at least we will have information, and that is something.