I am looking forward with excitement, the 42094 is high on my list! Our Claas Xerion needs some help to pick up all the trees here :)

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Hehe

The embargo is lifted Sunday (16th). Hopefully I can get five or six reviews online. 

Awesome, look forward to it. It was your review of 42070 that tipped me finally toward getting it!  Although these first half sets are not for me, they are seemingly intended to bring in new fans (as opposed to the more complex builds of second half intended to keep existing fans buying sets for years to come), it's interesting as a fan of the Technic brand to see how they intend to bring in new fans with these sets. And like with 42070 maybe your reviews will pursuade me to buy a few, though I already want the Corvette! 

Edited by allanp

13 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Seeing now that we have 2 different wheel arches sizes, is it safe to contemplate the next supercar might use different sized wheels in front and back?

In total, we have 3 :) Video reviews will be coming to my channel starting December 16th 11:00 CET. Stay tuned: https://www.youtube.com/user/searme

Edited by Sariel

3 hours ago, allanp said:

Awesome, look forward to it. It was your review of 42070 that tipped me finally toward getting it!  Although these first half sets are not for me, they are seemingly intended to bring in new fans (as opposed to the more complex builds of second half intended to keep existing fans buying sets for years to come), it's interesting as a fan of the Technic brand to see how they intend to bring in new fans with these sets. And like with 42070 maybe your reviews will pursuade me to buy a few, though I already want the Corvette! 

I don't think the reviews for these 1H sets will convince a lot of people, but maybe I am wrong. Most of them are what they are....small to medium 1H sets. But they come at a small to medium price too :thumbup:

4 hours ago, allanp said:

That may very well be their reasoning, yet I tend to buy most of the 1H sets where as I usually only get 1 or 2 of the 2H sets. 

On 12/14/2018 at 12:59 PM, Jim said:

I don't think the reviews for these 1H sets will convince a lot of people, but maybe I am wrong. Most of them are what they are....small to medium 1H sets. But they come at a small to medium price too :thumbup:

To be honest, parts included in those sets are much more interesting than models itself :)
I'm really curious if 42094 has some new parts, like Porsche and 42095...

I only want the sprocket wheels of the 42095 but it seems like a good combo of parts for a reasonable prize, you never have enough motors and receptors.

Just now, jorgeopesi said:

I only want the sprocket wheels of the 42095 but it seems like a good combo of parts for a reasonable prize, you never have enough motors and receptors.

Good combo...minus the reasonable price. 80 euros seems pretty steep to me. Or do you think it's good value for money?

29 minutes ago, Jim said:

Good combo...minus the reasonable price. 80 euros seems pretty steep to me. Or do you think it's good value for money?

The last set I bought was the 42021 and I have saw so many overprice sets without PF until now that at first view it seemed to me at least not an overprice set but I can be wrong, receiver, 2 motors, remote control and battery sounds good but I can be blinded by how much I want those sprocket wheels.

Just now, AVCampos said:

Well, its price is on par with the '65, with the benefit of having L motors instead of M.

And I did not know that I just have 2 L motors.

Edited by jorgeopesi

8 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

The last set I bought was the 42021 and I have saw so many overprice sets without PF until now that at first view it seemed to me at least not an overprice set but I can be wrong, receiver, 2 motors, remote control and battery sounds good but I can be blinded by how much I want those sprocket wheels.

And I did not know that I just have 2 L motors.

Maybe it is good value, but I was a bit shocked by the 80 euros you need to fork out for a simple RC model. Maybe I need to adjust my review a bit :wink: 

13 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Well, its price is on par with the '65, with the benefit of having L motors instead of M.

Can't argue with that. But I figured the price will scare some potential buyers.

like 65 it will drop in price soon enough, 65 can be found in shops for 60 euros now

IMHO, lego MSRP is high for most sets either way, i cant really bring myself to pay MSRP for any medium/big set, regardless of theme, the coming porsche might tempt me though, it just looks soooo cool

Just now, vectormatic said:

like 65 it will drop in price soon enough, 65 can be found in shops for 60 euros now

IMHO, lego MSRP is high for most sets either way, i cant really bring myself to pay MSRP for any medium/big set, regardless of theme, the coming porsche might tempt me though, it just looks soooo cool

Definitely true, but for the review I like to do the math with the RRP.

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Maybe it is good value, but I was a bit shocked by the 80 euros you need to fork out for a simple RC model. Maybe I need to adjust my review a bit :wink: 

If you check it on the German S@H you can buy the PF parts included for 64€. From this perspective I think it is a good part pack :)

4 hours ago, Jim said:

The Review is for Personal affection right? 

And not to be influenced by the others 

tnx

5 hours ago, Dylan M said:

The Review is for Personal affection right? 

And not to be influenced by the others 

tnx

But cost is hardly a factor that only affects one person.

Porsche and Corvette review pinned. Working on the Tracked Loader as we speak.

Thanks mate. More will follow during the day.

On 12/14/2018 at 11:17 AM, Sariel said:

In total, we have 3 :) Video reviews will be coming to my channel starting December 16th 11:00 CET. Stay tuned: https://www.youtube.com/user/searme

Now I get why you said 3 instead of 2. 

47 minutes ago, Jim said:

Working on the Tracked Loader as we speak.

Really looking forward for it, most interesting set for me from this wave :)