1 hour ago, Jim said:

Are you talking about the review set? Depends on how you define "for free". I get the set in exchange for my valuable time, so I wouldn't call it for free :tongue:

It's called "Quid pro quo" :wink:

...So, it means that the Package has already arrived? 

And most of Us is Waiting for your great Review, I hope you have alot of FREE TIME to exchange with....

Slightly OT since it is about 2018 set but about sticker colors: on my 42082 crane (got it last week), the red on the stickers is also off compared to the red of the ABS parts. Sticker red is much too dark. It's even visible in box art and instruction manuals photo's. So it seems problem is not just on the new Porsche but on current production line, and apparently TLG don't mind that much...

Edited by Rudivdk
Added comment about box art and manual. Edit2: typos

Personally, the set I'm most looking forward to see reviewed is the 42095, especially the new sprocket element.

54 minutes ago, Dylan M said:

...So, it means that the Package has already arrived? 

And most of Us is Waiting for your great Review, I hope you have alot of FREE TIME to exchange with....

Yes, I already finished building the Porsche. And I am working on the other sets and written part of the review(s).

To curb your enthusiasm....the reviews will be less elaborate as other reviews. Of course, they will all contain enough pictures and a summary with my thoughts (pros and cons) :thumbup:

2 hours ago, agrof said:

BTW: I am sad to see, how much the ABS white and the sticker white colors differ on this particular set. This would be a serious issue to me (if I would buy) - not to mention, how much better it looks without stickers.

But at least we have the first plain white sticker :) Anyway I think the stickers are a must for such a set, race cars usually have plenty of them. The white being different is a shame though..

3 hours ago, Jim said:

... I get the set in exchange for my valuable time, so I wouldn't call it for free :tongue:

It's called "Quid pro quo" :wink:

Sorry for the off-topic, but I'm curious how this works. Are there any consequences if you don't write a review for each set you receive? Do you have to agree to terms and conditions in a contract or is it more a gentleman's agreement based on trust?

Edited by Cumulonimbus

Just now, Cumulonimbus said:

Are there any consequences if you don't write a review for each set you receive? 

There is one set that is like that *wink wink*, but I guess Jim wouldn't be too happy if I mention it again :wink: (Jim please don't take this seriously I dont mean any blame)

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

52 minutes ago, kbalage said:

But at least we have the first plain white sticker :) Anyway I think the stickers are a must for such a set, race cars usually have plenty of them. The white being different is a shame though..

Agreed. 

34 minutes ago, Cumulonimbus said:

Sorry for the off-topic, but I'm curious how this works. Are there any consequences if you don't write a review for each set you receive? Do you have to agree to terms and conditions in a contract or is it more a gentleman's agreement based on trust?

There is no official agreement, but TLG keeps track of the reports. When I fail to "deliver", Eurobricks will be removed from the Technic review list. And this goes for other themes as well. You can call it a Gentlemen's Agreement.

30 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

There is one set that is like that *wink wink*, but I guess Jim wouldn't be too happy if I mention it again :wink: (Jim please don't take this seriously I dont mean any blame)

That's a WIP.....here's proof of that....

46249715732_2b2ee60ae3_z.jpg

:laugh:

51 minutes ago, Jim said:

Leak confidential footage from Jim's secret project for the last 2 years!

2 hours ago, Jim said:

:laugh:

Did i see a white Printed 7x3 panel curve near the Set?

Do we have list with part counts? And maybe the RRP (price) per set?

(of all the 1H 2019 sets)

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

Do we have list with part counts? And maybe the RRP (price) per set?

(of all the 1H 2019 sets)

Not sure if anyone made a verified list, S@H has all 9 sets listed with price and piece count.

4 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Not sure if anyone made a verified list, S@H has all 9 sets listed with price and piece count.

O wow....didn't think of that LoL. Thanks buddy.

But still missing building instructions on 42088, 42093, 42094, 42095 and 42096 ?

Seeing now that we have 2 different wheel arches sizes, is it safe to contemplate the next supercar might use different sized wheels in front and back?

1 minute ago, Zerobricks said:

Seeing now that we have 2 different wheel arches sizes, is it safe to contemplate the next supercar might use different sized wheels in front and back?

I have just seen the new ones. They are way too small to be combined with the other ones (as a front and back pair).

Just now, Jim said:

I have just seen the new ones. They are way too small to be combined with the other ones (as a front and back pair).

I mean ones from Porsche, not 'vette compared to Chiron's ones for example.

Just now, Jim said:

42050 reloaded with proper wheel arches this time :grin:

Just now, kbalage said:

42050 reloaded with proper wheel arches this time :grin:

That one needs more work than adding wheel arches LoL. But yeah, nice suggestion. That could work!

One review down...eight to go :tongue:

Porsche is done.

10 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

I mean ones from Porsche, not 'vette compared to Chiron's ones for example.

Something like 1971 Dodge Challenger?

(They had  often bigger tire on the rear)

48 minutes ago, Jim said:

That one needs more work than adding wheel arches LoL. But yeah, nice suggestion. That could work!

One review down...eight to go :tongue:

Porsche is done.

Dont mean to beg here, but any hints as to when they go online?

4 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

Dont mean to beg here, but any hints as to when they go online?

A review is neither late nor early. It arrives precisely when Jim means it to.

Hehe

The embargo is lifted Sunday (16th). Hopefully I can get five or six reviews online. 

To be precise...

EMBARGO 16.12.2018 – 11.00 AM CET