33 minutes ago, Timoonn said:

The tracked loader has a turret, whaaat

Well, another no buy wave for me:excited:

same. My to-get list before H2 2019 includes: Anthem, Chiron, Red Crane. 

Edited by siddparkar

Question about the track loader: why did they use black panels with yellow stickers, instead of yellow panels? I know those yellow panels are very rare and expensive…… :sad:

I also noticed a strange/new use of the small rollers inside the tracks.

Edited by mpj

So much for Corvette-anticipation.  Maybe I'll buy an extra-Tron ideas set instead...  The cherry picker, while nothing new or creative, would be a great introduction to Technic for a 5-6 year old.  Easy to build, has functionality, etc. and looks like something familiar while clearly showing how the function works.

28 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Cherry picker has orange connectors that could be very useful...it looks that we have lots of orange parts

yes, it looks like it has the 90 deg connector with axles.

1 hour ago, Jonfensu said:

About the Porsche .It´s me or the white soft axles on the front are 11L? :O 

Probably not. The rear ones are definitely 12, so it would be more logical to include 4 of the same instead of 2 different ones. 

4 minutes ago, technic_addict said:

yes, it looks like it has the 90 deg connector with axles.

Yes, I'll have to look and see that it has other connectors like #2 connector...

The cherry picker might be a kind of test. Clone brands also sell recolored versions of models. For example the Porsche is available in white, while the Bugatti in red... I guess TLG is testing the idea.

What I expected, and did not get is the orange 35188 Changeover Rotary Catch part from the gearbox of the Bugatti. I really wanted that in a smaller set.

12 minutes ago, JGW3000 said:

The cherry picker, while nothing new or creative, would be a great introduction to Technic for a 5-6 year old.  Easy to build, has functionality, etc. and looks like something familiar while clearly showing how the function works.

So would 42031. Or a new set.

The tracked loader seems to be based on a massive real life machine. On the arm there is a warning sign about falling objects. That kind of sign only appears in huge machines. In Lego Technic as far as I remember that sign has only appeared in 42055 and 42082.

I must say this year is definitely not bad. Of course I am less interested in the sets, so maybe my opinion may be unique. I love the new parts especially in white and orange. 

unfortunately no interesting new technical parts this time around:cry_sad:.
Also I'm not really impressed bij the looks of this wave...

That cherry picker is just disturbingly lazy:sceptic:.

The perfect opportunity to bring back the #5 and #6 panels in yellow and instead they are black with yellow stickers. :sceptic:

1 hour ago, siddparkar said:

Oh 

Oh dear lord the Corvette is hideous. Tracked Loader is the last hope!

I think that I could almost give it a pass if it wasn't for that ridiculous rear spoiler on it.

Man, that corvette is a mess...

I can somewhat appreciate the mini-v8, since a normal fake engine wont work in that scale, but it also looks less impressive. Styling wise... as others have said, the corvette isnt as iconic as a ferrari or 911, so the recognizability just isnt there, its not a vette, its a generic supercar-ish thing, which due to the bulky design says more camaro then corvette to me. The colour absolutely isnt helping though, in supercar land orange is Lambo, Mclaren or GT3RS.

It also seems to be missing a HoG, so im really wondering where the playability is

The mini wheel arches are nice though, i can totally see someone making a mini-42056 as a C-model.

The cherry picker will be a nice small kit for my kid, , but the laziness from TLG there is just insane, i mean how much design effort really goes into those small $10 sets? Surely one of the designers could have taken this on as a side-gig next to the bigger sets right?

EDIT: Also, WTF is up with the corvettes spoiler? from the pics it looks like there is less gap between the boot and spoiler on the real thing then on the scale model...

Edited by vectormatic

My buy list for 2019 1H: 1x Porsche, 1x Helicopter, 1x Stunt Racer, 1x Tracked Loader (or 2x depending on its B model). I'll skip the rest. 

@Jim did TLG inform you about the sets for a review already? Or, like with Sariel, tbd? Would be nice if this time TLG did not wait so long to ship them.

Edited by blondasek
Spell mistake

2 minutes ago, blondasek said:

@Jim did TLG informed you about the sets for a review already? Or, like with Sariel, tbd? Would be nice if this time TLG did not wait so long to ship them.

I think @Sariel's gonna have an existential crisis when he has to review 42031 again... :laugh:

16 minutes ago, blondasek said:

@Jim did TLG informed you about the sets for a review already? Or, like with Sariel, tbd? Would be nice if this time TLG did not wait so long to ship them.

Nope. There are internal issues at TLG regarding informing fan media and shipping out sets. They are working on improving their internal processes, but in the meantime all we can do is wait.

I am looking forward to building the sets and seeing them in real life. I love the Porsche and I do like the Corvette as well. For a car in that scale, I think it worked out nicely. Reading the comments, it's the same record over and over again....I hate it....I hate it.....I hate it....I just bought it because it was on sale and now I love it :laugh:

Just now, Yevhen said:

Thank you, Jim!

:thumbup:

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Reading the comments, it's the same record over and over again....I hate it....I hate it.....I hate it....I just bought it because it was on sale and now I love it :laugh:

I agree. It's all so digital. Hate! Love! Where are the nuances? How can one hate a pile of plastic pieces?

7 hours ago, Jim said:

So I do think the arches are printed....unfortunately.

I played with that picture, put also arrow

edge1.png

now my hopes for yellow #5 and #6 panels are in vein, WHY the hell they use all yellow sticker over black panel :wall:

50 minutes ago, zoo said:

I agree. It's all so digital. Hate! Love! Where are the nuances? How can one hate a pile of plastic pieces?

It's definitely not the best looking car in this picture, but it's okay for the scale it's in. And we haven't seen the rear yet. I guess I'm easily satisfied :laugh:

34 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

And what is the arrow supposed to point out?

That they are indeed printed :laugh:

What @Jurss is trying to point out, is that the sticker isn't placed correctly. But I think it has to do with angle of view.

One more thing - Vette is fitted with wheels 43x14 with smooth pattern - ie from London bus, it is nice to see them in new set, they are quite expensive on BL