I remember one of the many Millennium Falcons (don't remember which) had a sticker on the truncated cone that formed its cockpit, and it was a source of much dislike from fans. Is that part considered a surface that curves in two axes?

I think stickers for the fender pieces are possible if made from the same material as electricians tape as it is a tiny bit elastic enough to conform to the shape while not being so stretchy as to make it impossible to apply them nicely. But they would probably incur some extra cost/logistical complexity. But would that be higher than the cost and extra logistical challenge of printing 4 different wheel arches? Each one now needs its own part number and location in the warehouse if they are printed. I think I'm over thinking this :laugh: but yeah, always prefer stickers on parts like this where they aren't available in that colour anywhere else.

9 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

I remember one of the many Millennium Falcons (don't remember which) had a sticker on the truncated cone that formed its cockpit, and it was a source of much dislike from fans. Is that part considered a surface that curves in two axes?

Im not sure, I guess not because that shape can be made from bending a flat surface without any stretching like would be needed for a sphere.

Edited by allanp

Me and my child are big fans of working machines with nice functions. I am not really enthusiastic about this wave but I will finally buy 42082 without any regrets :)

The only interesting set for me is 42094, that would be a nice co-worker for my Claas Xerion. I still wonder what it's functionality will be about, I don't expect miracles there.

For all set-specific discussions I'd like to recommend you ladies (if there is any) and gentlemen to proceed to the dedicated threads

46 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

If it was a cone then no, the surface needs to not be able to be unfolded flat onto a table to be considered curving in two axes/directions. I’ll admit, it’s kinda hard to wrap your head around.

7 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

42096 Product description

In terms of functions it's even worse than 42077. 

it seems have no suspensions or steering

only one function : six-cylinder boxer engine

and beautiful apperance

Just now, mitx2529 said:

it seems have no suspensions or steering

only one function : six-cylinder boxer engine

and beautiful apperance

It has suspension, yellow springs are visible in the video. There is also a U joint connected to the steering wheel.

None of them really do anything for me (not really into cars) but I do like the helicopter, and I can see the grandkids getting lots of pleasure from building and racing 42095 (and I think the cats need to be very afraid)

4 hours ago, zux said:

These are renders anyway, so we cannot be 100% sure yet if white arches don't have stickers on them. But if that will be true, then the fact TLG decide to release (yet another) Porsche with parts (we need) being printed, will be NO-NO. 

They're not renders.

I like the Vette. Those arches are going to be great for smaller scale models. I’m glad it’s still Technic built and not System so I can allow it the obvious short comings on shape. Love the engine on it too. Hopefully the rear lights are representative enough of the real car

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

That cherry picker is so creative I died

Isn’t that just a blatant recolour

The tracked loader has a turret, whaaat

Well, another no buy wave for me:excited:

Edited by Timoonn

5 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Isn’t that just a blatant recolour

No no it's not. It's TLG's highest peak of creativity! /sarcasm

The leap of imagination required to go from this

LEGO_42093.jpg

to this

Kết quả hình ảnh cho corvette zr1 orange

is twice the distance between the Earth and the Sun.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

22 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

No no it's not. It's TLG's highest peak of creativity! /sarcasm

The leap of imagination required to go from this

to this

is twice the distance between the Earth and the Sun.

Yeah and the issue with the modern Corvette is that its not an iconic car. You cannot recognize it instantly like you would for a Porsche, a F40 or some old classic cars.

Edited by Timoonn

Well I was liking the vette as it didn’t look like a bad small scale car and I like the new arch piece.

Im sure a kid would be ok with how it looks

The Corvette still looks a better representation than that abomination that is the Porsche  front end :sick: the diffuser looks like one not just a semicircle of plastic.

Also I like how they have used the MAC design for the engine so you can have more than two cylinders.

Also 3 black curved panels are nice, lots of small orange beams too.

Cherry picker has orange connectors that could be very useful...it looks that we have lots of orange parts

Really happy with the Porsche 42096, at least 5 white curved 3x11 + 2 in black. And the white wheel arches, printed or not, are a great addition. Fun use of the black curved rack from the bucket wheel excavator and rough terrain crane. And I expect black frames in the underside. I doubt if it would have a true B model but the part selection will allow for many good alternates.

It seems same scale as 42077, but with better look, and the 42039, wich seems the most similar set in piece count, style and scale for a direct comparison. I like it much more than the bigger orange porsche 42056. I'll wait for Sariel's video but keen on finding it at the right price.

And the vette is a nice panel packs, given it has the right price.

Woah, the Tracked Loader has a revolving cab! Trippy. Doesn't really make much sense on a loader, though; it's something you'd sometimes see on a forwarder. Oh well. Love the 'BRUTALIS' rhino logo! Best out of the wave, though that is the definition of damning with faint praise. :thumbup:

That cherry picker - disgraceful. Absolutely disgraceful. I'm appalled at TLG for that. *oh2* I'm not a car person, so the rest of the wave holds zero interest for me.