2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

42096 Product description

In terms of functions it's even worse than 42077.

Is it? It offers working steering wheel in exchange for the bombastic trunk opening. Or did I get it wrong?

My 2 Cents for the models according to the videos of LEtsGO:

42089: From the looks, nice reminiscent to the 6679. Also nice black panels and for 15€ a nice price tag. But it seems only ONE function? Motor connected to propeller driven by the wheels. I mean... really? Not even a steering like the 42064...?

42092: My favorite so far. Very nice looks for such few parts. Clean look but clearly identifiable as a technic model with resonable amount of functions: Winch, main+back rotor, back+side doors. A tilting of the blades can't be done on such a scale, of course.

42095. Maybe fun, but horrible looks... a pass for me.The big sprocets may have an internal gearing?

Unbenannt.jpg.baf33fd8c149b962f376fbcc538940b0.jpg

42096: The big bummer are the headlights and again few functions. Can totally agree to Seasider:

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

as to the headlights surely a trans-clear oval disc would be better or even some flex-axles to show the lamp outline. You need to retain the quad lights as that’s Porsche’s light style but I’m sure a better cover/surround could be created

But for a licensed model, the price is really ok. I actually like the looks of it.

Interesting, why they put exhausts in the middle, not on the sides as on original, even if there is really space, even for double side exhausts?

1 minute ago, Jurss said:

Interesting, why they put exhausts in the middle, not on the sides as on original, even if there is really space, even for double side exhausts?

The center exhaust is the 2018 spec, the side exhausts are 2017 spec

https://www.motor1.com/news/240822/2018-porsche-911-rsr-spied/

So far that and the yellow/clear headlights are the differences i can find for 2017/2018 spec

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

I hope the white arches aren’t printed

I'm afraid all the arches are printed I was viewing the video on my large high res screen and you can clearly see all the stickers on the other panels, the arches have no signs of stickers and they even have a mat finish compared to the gloss of stickers :sad:

All latest sets come with PF Ls, wonder if it is somehow related with all the L's that went into 1:1 Bugatti:oh3:

2 minutes ago, Cardboy said:

I'm afraid all the arches are printed I was viewing the video on my large high res screen and you can clearly see all the stickers on the other panels, the arches have no signs of stickers and they even have a mat finish compared to the gloss of stickers :sad:

These are renders anyway, so we cannot be 100% sure yet if white arches don't have stickers on them. But if that will be true, then the fact TLG decide to release (yet another) Porsche with parts (we need) being printed, will be NO-NO. 

Edited by zux

Just now, gate said:

All latest sets come with PF Ls, wonder if it is somehow related with all the L's that went into 1:1 Bugatti:oh3:

I think they just found out that M motors not really necessary when we have the same RPM large motor

I still don't know if the wheel arches have one axle curvature or two axle curvature. Can someone prove the matter definitively?

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I still don't know if the wheel arches have one axle curvature or two axle curvature. Can someone prove the matter definitively?

Ill have to check my 42077 when i get home, but AFAIK there is a multi axle curve. The "body" of the panel is one curve, but then the arch itself is rolled out a bit, making stickers a no-go

NDkZliK.png
Not sure how you could show it properly, but the surface has two curvatures

1 minute ago, Jockos said:

I think they just found out that M motors not really necessary when we have the same RPM large motor

The L motor is 1 module longer than the M, and has no anti-studs underneath (almost useless for Technic, but useful for System applications like the Roller Coaster). Also, on S@H the L motor is more expensive than the M, more expensive than even the XL.

42 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

The L motor is 1 module longer than the M, and has no anti-studs underneath (almost useless for Technic, but useful for System applications like the Roller Coaster). Also, on S@H the L motor is more expensive than the M, more expensive than even the XL.

Oh well. Then I dont know:laugh: thanks for explanation:classic:

31 minutes ago, Jurss said:

I think, at the arch we can see edge of the sticker (grey line)

When you look closely at the image, you can see a clear difference between the white (and grey) of the sticker on the door and the arch. So I do think the arches are printed....unfortunately.

51 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Well, hey, at least @Jim gets his panels in white now. :laugh:

Whoopwhoop! 

I need can use those for in my robot(s) :wub:

The Porsche looks good! I am sure many young and teenage boys will be very excited with this set which from a price point of view is still attainable. No doubt it will be a best seller.

I myself will probably pass, I am just not interested in a race model as display set.

I guess the wheel arches are printed because it is difficult to apply a sticker correctly. I would prefer Lego printing all pieces instead of using stickers. For those interested, they should offer the possibility of ordering the same pieces without stickers.

15 minutes ago, WvG_853 said:

I guess the wheel arches are printed because it is difficult to apply a sticker correctly. I would prefer Lego printing all pieces instead of using stickers. For those interested, they should offer the possibility of ordering the same pieces without stickers.

Usually stickers are not used for curved parts, so it makes sense that they are printed. I do hope we get full whites at some point. Ordering them separately would be very good customer service :classic:

I guess it's considered a display model because there is no HOG steering? Kind of bums me out I so much wanted to push it around and make fake engine noises. Oh well I think I will still get it. 

There are probably ways to remove the printing from the panels without damaging them for those so inclined. 

2 hours ago, zux said:

These are renders anyway, so we cannot be 100% sure yet if white arches don't have stickers on them. But if that will be true, then the fact TLG decide to release (yet another) Porsche with parts (we need) being printed, will be NO-NO. 

We can absolutely be sure they’re printed, not stickers. You can’t put stickers on a surface that curves along two directions, or else the sticker creases.

On that note, can you not just scrub off the printing to get your nice white fenders? It sounds like you were probably not gonna put the stickers on in the first place

Edited by Bartybum

2 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

You can’t put stickers on a surface that curves along two directions, or else the sticker creases

Unless TLG provides stickers with cuts in the middle

Unless TLG provides stickers with cuts in the middle

They’ll still crease, albeit less. They’ll also however be more prone to tearing.