Im totally loving the porsche! Turns out i was dead on the money a few months ago guessing that at this price a new 911 wouldnt have a gearbox though, and that still bums me out a bit, but once this hits the customary %20 amazon pricedrop, itll be mine.

Those headlights though... comedy levels of bad, and they should absolutely be yellow as well (given that the RSR is a GTE class car, and those have yellow headlights to distinguish them from LMPs during nighttime racing)

Yes, it basically is a dressed up 42077, which for its price was already light on features (essentially a dressed up 42037), but i totally feel like i made the right call skipping 42056 all those years, this is essentially the same thing for half price.

The lack of gearbox is objectively a BAD thing, especially for this being a technic set, there are no two ways around that, but im pretty sure this thing will be modified by the community to fit one, and honestly, im loving that im getting a "full-size" GTE car, even if its a dog functions wise, and i would have prefered a ferrari, this is a much cooler showpiece for me then 42056, and at half price! :wub:

8 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Probably like attached. Either with 16T gears, or some other gear ratio.

Motors.png

from the partlist we will figure it out, but it looks fun :D.

I Love the Porsche!

The mid engine is correct, the RSR is the only 911 having a mid engine.

I think the lack of gearbox is OK, sereously, has anyone ever played with that funktion? This is going to be bougt as a display model, and I think price and functions is OK.

19 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

Those headlights though... comedy levels of bad, and they should absolutely be yellow as well (given that the RSR is a GTE class car, and those have yellow headlights to distinguish them from LMPs during nighttime racing)

GTE changed to white headlights this year.

7 minutes ago, porsche911bestcarever said:

The mid engine is correct, the RSR is the only 911 having a mid engine

The 991.2 version of the RSR at least. ?

Wow, Porsche is beautiful. Have never bought Lego supercars in like ten years. May be it is time to start:drool:

What's all the hate about pullback B? It looks great as well imho.

34 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

42096 Product description

In terms of functions it's even worse than 42077.

Agreed, which begs the question why so many hated that set are the same that love this set. Since their main reason for hating 42077 was lack of functions, personally I didn't mind and bought the set anyway. I do also like the new Porchse and will be getting it as well. I just can't seem to be able to afford the other one as much as I would like to have it and the Bugatti. Kind of glad to see these more economical sets. Maybe one day I will be rich enough to get the other ones. 

Also bought the last Tracked Racer set as well and hands down the worse thing about it was the M motors, so glad to see that addressed although now I somehow feel slighted. I will be getting the new one too. 

hate to be a negative poster but Lego over paneled cars don't really work for me.

That Porsche, mostly the front, is very poor looking. the overhang of the front is huge! and that makes the wheels look way too small. if the front was fixed up a bit maybe a different story. but I guess its a technic set right, so aesthetics are aside.

still the tracked loader and tracked racer are top sets for me.

2 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Or a big freaking crawler crane. Or a larger scale bulldozer. Or any of a number of things. I just hope that whatever it is, is really cool.

One things for sure, if its on tracks, it won't be another 'super'car which works for me!!! Maybe it will be a big tracked tractor.. John Deere 9RT?

19 minutes ago, Les_Paul said:

GTE changed to white headlights this year.

Gotcha, apparently i didnt pay enough attention this year :P Either way, i think yellow headlights would "pop" a bit more, so i might go for that anyway, ill have to look at the aero changes and maybe mod the car back to 2017 spec.

5 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Agreed, which begs the question why so many hated that set are the same that love this set. Since their main reason for hating 42077 was lack of functions, personally I didn't mind and bought the set anyway. I do also like the new Porchse and will be getting it as well. I just can't seem to be able to afford the other one as much as I would like to have it and the Bugatti. Kind of glad to see these more economical sets. Maybe one day I will be rich enough to get the other ones.

I disliked 42077 for its feature-lightness (bought it for a C-model anyway, ended up disliking that build, made the A-model and now im unsure what to do with it, as i still am not bowled over by it)

I disliked 42056 for being feature-light, and just poorly working (that gearbox is shameful in a €300+ set)

I dislike 42083 for being feature-light and inaccurate (that triple crankshaft... i just cant get past it)

42096 though, yes, it is as feature barren as 42077 (and the whole 180 degree V6 Vs true boxer thing still mildly annoys me), yes, the features are basically the same in this €150 set as in the €55 42037

BUT, it looks absolutely bad-megablocks, to me it is the coolest looking (stock) technic car since the Ferrari models, it has the engine in the right place, a ma-hoooosive difuser (which is the whole reason the engine got put in the middle rather then the back on this car), and it gets me my porsche display model at half price... Im also digging the cockpit details from what i can see, the air-hose on the dash is a pretty nice touch and makes it look proper GTE-racecar.

I know this makes me look like a massive hypocrit, i smacktalk the GT3 and Chiron just about every chance i get for being all style and no substance, and this thing comes in at about the same substance/€, but im absolutely loving the package, and that is coming from a ferrari fan who normally doesnt care about porsches. To me, this is grown up Speed Champions, and Lego could do a car like this every year and i'd keep buying them (as long as i have shelf space)

Yet another (big) Porsche? What the hell?!?! 911's are all the same for past 20 years. What's the point of releasing almost the same car in two year difference? If there was a real need for one, Porsche has some other cooler models. Disappointed.

I like the fact this time big vehicle is not purple, some odd shade of blue or orange. So we get some good selection of parts in standard colours. 

Oh boy and those headlight covers are hideous.

34 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

But stil old PF.....

Enjoy while you can. PF2.0 is awfull as hell at this point of time.

I will buy that porsche for parts in new colors, I think. But first, I'll wait for H2 sets ... I'm trying to limit my budget, also I just don't have space anymore for anything lego related. 

In case you guys don't notice, PF M motor as well as the supplementary pack 8293 has stopped appearing since 2018 1H. I think they are being phased out. 

I hope the white arches aren’t printed as I’d love to create a white car using them. At least with the orange Porsche the tears aren’t printed.

as to the headlights surely a trans-clear oval disc would be better or even some flex-axles to show the lamp outline. You need to retain the quad lights as that’s Porsche’s light style but I’m sure a better cover/surround could be created

Just now, zux said:

Yet another (big) Porsche? What the hell?!?! 911's are all the same for past 20 years. What's the point of releasing almost the same car in two year difference? If there was a real need for one, Porsche has some other cooler models. Disappointed.

The 911 is the only model porsche makes worthy of a big technic set though (unless they dive into the historical lineup, the 918/919 are gone), the cayman is never allowed the limelight, and a macan/cayenne/panamera would be laughable.

im totally gushing over this thing, but i think there is more then enough to distinguish this from 42056, even if they are both some form of 911.

Look at it this way, this is the first licensed technic racecar in over a decade, or ever, if you dont count the F1s, the fact that it happens to be a 911 doesnt matter, there is finally a cool display piece for die hard racing fans (for which the GT3 RS just missed the mark imho, that car is a rich guys toy, not a proper racecar)

Just now, zux said:

Yet another (big) Porsche? .... 911's are all the same for past 20 years. What's the point of releasing almost the same car in two year difference?

Price point.  Same car for half the price gets everyone who wanted the huge Porsche the first time but couldn't afford it.  If the first one sold really well (and it did), then this one will make lots of money too.  Same reason why Star Wars and even Speed Champions have returned to the same subject repeatedly.  Whether we want the Technic theme to adopt the same repeat cycle as those licensed themes is another matter.  It's been on the unlicensed repeat cycle of similar generic subjects for years, like City, so it's not like a retread of similar material after a couple years is new for the theme.

I'll just be getting the porsche out of the first half releases this year, from what I have seen up to now. 

There is black BWE ring used as front bumper on Porsche, so it means it is ~25 studs wide. I also think there is white pin with pinhole (15100) on it. The rear mirrors are a little bit blury, but maybe there is 32291 in white?32291.original.png

Just now, Ivan_M said:

There is black BWE ring used as front bumper on Porsche, so it means it is ~25 studs wide.

taken from the description:

" Porsche 911 RSR measures over 5” (13cm) high, 19” (50cm) long and 7” (20cm) wide. "

25 pinholes is bang on 20cm, so that checks out

For reference, the size is about the same as 42039 (which came in at 48x21)

Given that a real 911 of the current gen is roughly 450x180 that makes this scale 1:9

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Here's a screenshot from the clip, so that people won't have to play it over and over

Screenshot 2018-11-20 12.51.03

Compared with the real thing

Kết quả hình ảnh cho porsche 911 rsr

The use of the black quadrant rack is just brilliant. I've never expected the rack to be used as something other than an XL turntable. The only gripe is the eyes (or the front lights if you want). They are too convex. And they should be in trans neon green. Or at least the inside light studs should be in trans neon green.

Is that an axel in the middle of the rim/wheel? Or such a design?

im expecting a Steering Hub...

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Butt seriously! Technic supercars lately look better from the rear than from the front.

Screenshot 2018-11-20 13.22.06

Hình ảnh có liên quan

One structural weakness that I spotted is the way the vertical plate is attached to the 3x11 panels. It looks like the 3x11 panel has 3 half pins, and the plate is attached through the 3 holes in the back. This is a very flimsy attachment. In Sariel's words, they will snap at a sneeze.

Now i saw clearer the Steering Hub

Just now, Dylan M said:

Is that an axel in the middle of the rim/wheel? Or such a design?

im expecting a Steering Hub... 

looks like a pin/towball part to mimic the centercap. Id be shocked if this car has anything other then the regular 3-pin hubs found on every other technic big-wheel car

8 hours ago, Jim said:

The Porsche looks very very nice! I love it. Can’t wait to build it.

Yap! Can't wait for your Review...

just promise not to keep us waiting for too long...

-Shalom

8 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Butt seriously! Technic supercars lately look better from the rear than from the front.

One structural weakness that I spotted is the way the vertical plate is attached to the 3x11 panels. It looks like the 3x11 panel has 3 half pins, and the plate is attached through the 3 holes in the back. This is a very flimsy attachment. In Sariel's words, they will snap at a sneeze.

Is this 1:08 or 1:10 size ratio?

7 hours ago, valenciaeric said:

But stil old PF.....

Yap! But i still prefered them than the new one! For me, we don't need that new motor if it's not powerful, coz I'm using 3rd party Buwizz!

Edited by Milan
No need to quote pics from previous posts.

12 minutes ago, Dylan M said:

Is this 1:08 or 1:10 size ratio?

The dimensions given in the description come out to bang on 1:9

Just now, vectormatic said:

The dimensions given in the description come out to bang on 1:9

Aahh... in between ? Tnx