Seeing the wheel arches on the corvette, im wondering if a midi-scale 42056 would be possible, suspension/engine should be doable (although engine might not fit behind the rear axle), but unless gearboxes have gotten a lot more magical with the orange wave catch, i dont think a 4-speed will fit.

Still, that chevy will offer a very nice base for midi-scale supercar mocs

I think that the small wheel arc allows TLG to add supercars as mid-scale models into the annual product lineup. That way, more licensed supercars can be introduced into Technic without being branded as premium, and also save construction machinery from appearing too often.

At last I found orange supercar. Nice & small, similar to lego racers series. This small wheel arches for 49mm wheels open new horizons in mid scale building cars & trucks.

20 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think that the small wheel arc allows TLG to add supercars as mid-scale models into the annual product lineup. That way, more licensed supercars can be introduced into Technic without being branded as premium, and also save construction machinery from appearing too often. 

This could be the return of the old Racers theme (the old midi-scale ferraris and lambos), but this time with some technic substance rather then just system bricks for the correct form, a middle ground between speed champions and big technic supercars.

One can only hope, if they do that, ill buy every one of them

There's a few places where I wanted to use the wheel arches, such as cowling around a main rotor assembly on a helicopter, but they were too big, these new ones will come in handy.

If the Corvette is $49.99 that the same as the 42075 which is £34.99 in the UK then then a retail reduction of probably between 10 -15% after a few months this will be flying of the shelves.

30 minutes ago, Cardboy said:

If the Corvette is $49.99 that the same as the 42075 which is £34.99 in the UK then then a retail reduction of probably between 10 -15% after a few months this will be flying of the shelves.

Looking at it's size, I don't think it's going to be so cheap.

Considering the "2 in 1" label we probably have to expect more from the set which could justify the price, other than the "license". 

Would be cool to have something similar like this:

mvc-871f.jpg

2 hours ago, allanp said:

There's a few places where I wanted to use the wheel arches, such as cowling around a main rotor assembly on a helicopter, but they were too big, these new ones will come in handy.

Can you imagine if we ever had a flying machine competition :look:

3 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Exactly! That sounds like a reasonable and valid conclusion. A Ferrari sells better than a Red Technic Car. And once you get the Ferrari, you will want the Lamborghini as well.

2 hours ago, allanp said:

I believe someone made a helicopter C-model  of the 42069, and used the wheel arches as a fenestron casing, but indeed they'd be too big (or the helicopter too small) for engine cowlings.

9 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

I believe someone made a helicopter C-model  of the 42069, and used the wheel arches as a fenestron casing, but indeed they'd be too big (or the helicopter too small) for engine cowlings.

Yeap: 

And you are right, there are quite big, but in this model and in this scale they do not look so bad.

16 minutes ago, Jim said:

Can you imagine if we ever had a flying machine competition :look:

Exactly! That sounds like a reasonable and valid conclusion. A Ferrari sells better than a Red Technic Car. And once you get the Ferrari, you will want the Lamborghini as well.

Depend from it's cost. Venicles on 49 mm wheels cost differs very much.

1 hour ago, letsbuild said:

Looking at it's size, I don't think it's going to be so cheap.

It's indeed $50 and 40€.

Coming back to the pullbacks: I'm wondering if the absurdly f1 shape of the police car can be explained by it acting as a ramp for the getaway car?

Found a few pics on reddit by searching 'lego technic 2019 leaks'.  I guess I'll find the others in due time.

For those wondering about the weird tracked loader, I reckon the designer has a picture of a Cat 527 printed out.   https://www.cat.com/en_ID/products/new/equipment/skidders/track-skidders/17831465.html

Tracked skidder, hi-drive tracks, lengthened at rear for slope stability.  RL edition has rear log grapple, front blade.  Lego version swaps that to a front loader arm with log tongs.

4 minutes ago, andythenorth said:

Found a few pics on reddit by searching 'lego technic 2019 leaks'.  I guess I'll find the others in due time.

For those wondering about the weird tracked loader, I reckon the designer has a picture of a Cat 527 printed out.   https://www.cat.com/en_ID/products/new/equipment/skidders/track-skidders/17831465.html

Tracked skidder, hi-drive tracks, lengthened at rear for slope stability.  RL edition has rear log grapple, front blade.  Lego version swaps that to a front loader arm with log tongs.

I think 42094 is like 42080, in that it represents several vehicles all mixed together. Doesn't stop it looking odd, but at least we now have a point of reference.

42089 B model looks like some kind of racing boat...

But pullback combo is (IMHO) :sick:

Edited by I_Igor

6 minutes ago, Tomik_Czech said:

Next pictures :)

Thank you for the new pictures, are these taken in Canada as well? The pull-back racers are not for me, they are beginning to look similar as previous versions or not very attractive in general. At the same time, I think these sets are very tricky to design while taking the small size, big pull-back unit and limited parts into account. I wonder what the outcome of an EB pull-back competition with the same restrictions would be.

Just now, Cumulonimbus said:

Thank you for the new pictures, are these taken in Canada as well? 

Yes, in Mastermind toys in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

The name of the speed boat B model is a Hydroplane. These are Extremely fast “boats” that skim along the surface. You can find lots of racing videos online of them. Also Bluebird was a Hydroplane (but jet powered)

1 minute ago, Seasider said:

The name of the speed boat B model is a Hydroplane. These are Extremely fast “boats” that skim along the surface. You can find lots of racing videos online of them. Also Bluebird was a Hydroplane (but jet powered)

Interesting that we got the Hydroplane again (I don't mind, by the way - it's a cheap source of Technic curved panes), but now as a B-model, not the main.