6 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

42093: Man, this thing is tiny. Shaping is very jagged. Looks to have smaller versions of the existing wheel arch pieces.

Despite the design being not finished yet (different variations on the sides of the bonnets), I see various details which tune me positively: the fact that the 1:12 scale niche finally is being filled;  #3 connectors in orange (hopefully not a new orange!), the mentionned wheel arches which probably will suit 1/10 scale as well.

42096: I can spot some kind of "antenna" on top of the shadow :cry_happy:. No speculation of course, just a "fact" :laugh:...

Edit: it´s much smaller than that, being only13 studs wide.

Edited by brunojj1

The sets look pretty good, better than the 2018 1H lineup at least imo. I’m liking the new large sprockets on the tracked racer.

Also really liking the shape of the tracked loader. It looks like it’s fairly fleshed out, if unconventionally shaped. Not too sure about the MLA under the arm though, I think an LA would look nicer.

The Corvette ZR1 is pretty on par with what I expected to be honest; it’s annoyingly hard to replicate a curved body properly with Technic at this small scale, so I’d be really surprised if they actually managed to make something that looked more accurate. All that said and done, something pops out: new wheel arches!

Edited by Bartybum

1 hour ago, Saberwing40k said:

Hey @Jimand @Milan, would it be okay if I mentioned I have some screengrabs from the video on my Brickshelf without linking?

It is okay as long as the links and images are not posted here.
Just keep in mind that Lego has asked not to share confidential images for a reason.

@everyone: you can discuss all the details you have seen on images, just do not post those images and links here, until cleared from "confidential".

1 minute ago, porsche911bestcarever said:

On the page with the powerboat and the two pullbacks is another set we dont know yet. Are there any new additional to the set list?

It’s a mini telehandler

56 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

The Corvette ZR1 is pretty on par with what I expected to be honest; it’s annoyingly hard to replicate a curved body properly with Technic at this small scale, so I’d be really surprised if they actually managed to make something that looked more accurate. All that said and done, something pops out: new wheel arches!

Honestly, I was expecting a bit bigger wheels (with low-profile tires) and in a yellow color. Now, this Corvette is a bulky thing and is just screaming for some silver wheel covers.

In general, it's just not a perfect shape and size for Technik parts, nothing else.

Love the new wheel arches. Will be handy to have those for smaller scale models. Looks like 11954 Curved 11 x 3 with 10 Pin Holes in Orange as well.

Good to see suspension on the tracked loader too.

42088 looks like a repeat of 42031

Edited by JonathanM

Here's my take on the sets:

42089: It's a nice looking powerboat, a bit on the small side, probably not gonna get it due to it being small

42090: Looks like a mash between a pickup truck and a '69 charger. Not gonna get it due to it being a pullback

42091: Quite ugly, a definite pass

42092: Looks realistic enough, might get it. 

42093: A bit hard to tell it's a Corvette, but I'm probably gonna get it anyways

42094: One word: Strange

42095: Ugliest one of the bunch, easy pass

42096 and 42088: don't know what to think because I haven't seen them.

42093 has curved 3x13 in orangrle in bonnet. The small whee arch seems to be 2x9x4. I suspect there are shorter curved panels in black for the roof.

That tracked loader looks great! I'm glad they beefed it up with suspension too and like the fact there is a lot of those curved axle joiners, whatever they are called, is good.

look forward to the new sprocket too, that could be great for some MOC's. I guess it may appear in the 2H sets somewhere. no doubt there will be 2 M motors? I wonder how the gearing/speed will be compared to the other tracked racer. My count of sprocket 'bits' is roughly 15 (compared to 10 for the current one)

That's all I'm interested in.

Like the new wheel arches, at this size they will be useful in more places but will wait till they come in a useful colour. Also I really do hope those are larger sprockets on the tracked racers. I've been in the wrong camp before :laugh:

I wonder why they went with orange for the Vette, as a few people have said Yellow is the colour of Vettes and it’s not as it we don’t have that in the colour palette. I bet it’s down to parts and colours again

Is the stunt racer still 100$? 

I really hope the price increase comes from stronger motors. 

Too much money for new sprokets and a few PF. Btw Im flying RC airplanes too and compared to that PF is just unbelieveble weak! A proper upgrade close to hobbygrade RC stuff would be the best thing for Technic that could happen in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

I wonder why they went with orange for the Vette, as a few people have said Yellow is the colour of Vettes and it’s not as it we don’t have that in the colour palette. I bet it’s down to parts and colours again

It's the default color of the car on the Chevrolet website.

58 minutes ago, porsche911bestcarever said:

Btw Im flying RC airplanes too and compared to that PF is just unbelieveble weak! A proper upgrade close to hobbygrade RC stuff would be the best thing for Technic that could happen in my opinion.

Probably not gonna happen since either:

A. It’s not safe enough for the allegedly idiot kids nowadays (total bull shit), or

B. It’ll put too much stress on parts

Edited by Bartybum

13 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

It's the default color of the car on the Chevrolet website.

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It’s the first colour on their chart. I was talking about Corvette Racing Yellow. To me that’s the same as a Ferrari being Red or a Merc being Silver

The Corvette is an interesting set, not so much because of the model and colour choices but for the fact that these new fender pieces will open new possibilities for medium scale cars. Especially when they will become available in other colors. I still dream of an Arocs scale car transporter with correctly scaled Technic cars and I think this piece will help to achieve this.

I'm also convinced that the big sprocket on the stunt racer is an omen for a large tracked vehicle in the near future. Developing this new piece for this relatively basic set does not make sense, so it must be essential in a set which is currently being developed. I wish It would be black instead of yellow, but this choice might has it reasons.

Edit: forgot to mention that the 42088 is just a desperate attempt at filling the gap of an entry level Technic set in this wave. To me there is no excuse for this rehash of a mediocre set. They must have been busy working on something else.

Edited by Cumulonimbus

17 minutes ago, Cumulonimbus said:

an Arocs scale car transporter with correctly scaled Technic cars and I think this piece will help to achieve this

big sprocket on the stunt racer ...  must be essential in a set which is currently being developed.

Was thinking the exact same things... I do not intend to make this into a wish topic (we already have that on the forum), but I'm looking forward to 2H already...

Hi there,

do the new pictures give any more hints whether 42095 will use the old power functions or the new powered up technology? I know the previous leak hinted towards old power functions, I'd be happy if the set came with powered up.

Thanks,

Henning

From the blurry images I have seen the Corvette has got my attention :wink: Hopefully it's in the same orange as the 42056 and other sets of late I will have a nice amount of orange now.

As I understand the 1H wave is launched all about the same time with only the Flagship model a few months later?

13 minutes ago, henning47 said:

Hi there,

do the new pictures give any more hints whether 42095 will use the old power functions or the new powered up technology? I know the previous leak hinted towards old power functions, I'd be happy if the set came with powered up.

Thanks,

Henning

The Stunt Racer looks like it has the old power functions and the old power functions logo is used.

Edited by Cardboy