1 hour ago, ctx1769 said:

Not impressed with that bunch of sets, very poor. :angry:

Can I ask what you were hoping for?

Actually now that it occurs to me, I really wish the main rotor would be connected to the turbines like in a real heli.

8 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

The slanted 3x7? In what set?

In 42069 Extreme Adventure (front bumper) and 42082 Rough Terrain Crane (tool and chain doors) :wink:

For me, 42089 and 42090 are actually pretty decent small sets. Sets this size are not really my forte, but credit where credit is due, 42089 is very well shaped, and has the 3x7 panels in black, a useful part. 42090 is nice as well, and for some reason reminds me of a mini 41999, it kind of has the look of a muscle car on an offroad chassis. 42091, however, is terrible.:sick: That front end is awful, and the whole thing is proportioned terribly. I just hope it uses dark azure, Lego really needs to pick a shade and stick with it. Or, flesh out the part palettes for all the light blue shades. The helicopter is meh, not bad, but not really good either.  But then, small sets don't really get anybody's blood pumping. Let's hope we see some of the bigger ones.

Edited by Saberwing40k

2 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

I just hope it uses dark azure, Lego really needs to pick a shade and stick with it.

All the parts are available in dark azure for it, and it seems the right shade given the blue seats in the other vehicles.

The white 1x1 beams are also in 42091. Some nice part sets for panels otherwise introduced in large sets (42069, 70, 82). Looking forward to seeing the larger sets!

3 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

All the parts are available in dark azure for it, and it seems the right shade given the blue seats in the other vehicles.

The white 1x1 beams are also in 42091. Some nice part sets for panels otherwise introduced in large sets (42069, 70, 82). Looking forward to seeing the larger sets!

You are right both about dark azure and white 1 X 1 beams :thumbup:

7 hours ago, Void_S said:

Yet they do. The well-known DBG pull-back motor box is clearly visible at 42091. I do agree that 42091 is a mini "police 42039" whereas the 42090 reminds me a longer version of 42033+42034 pickup. It looks rockish-outlaw like 42064 but the front looks strange.

42090 can be influented by this car

IMG_6150.jpg?resize=1024,683&ssl=1

4 hours ago, Magical Duck said:

In 42069 Extreme Adventure (front bumper) and 42082 Rough Terrain Crane (tool and chain doors) :wink:

You are talking about 2 different parts. The new panels in DBG are the ones on the bonnet.

5 hours ago, Magical Duck said:

I meant this part: here you go!

Oh, @mpj beat me to it. Carry on.

Edited by Maaboo35

A comment on the view that Lego needs to choose a shade of blue - they’ve been using dark azure pretty consistently the past two years

It's weird that medium azure has been used extensively since 2017, but normal blue hasn't been used as a primary color in a set since 2015.

25 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It's weird that medium azure has been used extensively since 2017, but normal blue hasn't been used as a primary color in a set since 2015.

Except 42071- but they are becoming rarer.

1 minute ago, Magical Duck said:

Except 42071- but they are becoming rarer.

Technically indeed blue is the primary color in 42071 but since the set is small there isn't anything new or rare in blue, except the sprockets. 2x5 panels and L panels in blue are ubiquitous.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

12 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

... But then, small sets don't really get anybody's blood pumping. ...

I disagree. I really am excited by the 42092 helicopter. It looks realistic despite its relative small scale. It is a very good demonstration on how to recreate a shape from a real machine by cleverly using as little parts as possible. I'm convinced that many boys and girls in the target audience will find this a cool set with  much play value. I see this as the gateway set for bigger and more complex sets.

image removed

th?id=OIP.OVShGkwNw33nRN3b1NZmFwHaE6&pid

42092.JPG

Edited by Cumulonimbus
Added smaller image of the real EC135

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

What does the steering wheel on top of the hook represent?

That was on the Heavy Lift Helicopter as well. I think it's a handrail for personnel.

3 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

That was on the Heavy Lift Helicopter as well. I think it's a handrail for personnel.

Correct :thumbup:

Just now, dimaks13 said:

ZR1 and the Porsche silhoutte have leaked.

Send me the link in a private message. Thanks

Not to backseat-mod, but...

On 11/3/2018 at 11:28 PM, Jim said:

Asking for pictures is not allowed in this topic. It will flood the board with useless requests. You can send someone a PM (after you have reached 10 posts), but don't ask here publically.