I think the main problem with 42094 is not the triangular tracks, but the fact that the main body higher up the ground. That position means each track only has one point of contact with the body and will reduce the stability of the equipment.

Only for me the biggest hype for Technic set's was in years 2013-2016, when each year had something "wow" just to see 2017 H2, when something went wrong? Since 2018 was only a bit better but I do not see any hope to come back to "better times". We have bigger, more complex models but still with limited amount of functions. Which set has more functions than 42043 since it was introduced?

Personally I would not have any problem to see more Mercedes trucks based on a real vehicles, same with Volvo's. BWE is a great models, but definitely too big to play with. Also it has been already a few years, since we had servo motor in a set. If I am not wrong, there were only a three sets with it - 41999, 9398 and 42030. I do not believe that it is a matter of price as we get more and more expensive models. I hope that TLG will show us something amazing in 2019 H2, which will represent the true Technic spirit. We know that they can do it :)

For now, we just have to wait to see what we will get in next few weeks.

5 minutes ago, blondasek said:

Only for me the biggest hype for Technic set's was in years 2013-2016, when each year had something "wow" just to see 2017 H2, when something went wrong? Since 2018 was only a bit better but I do not see any hope to come back to "better times". We have bigger, more complex models but still with limited amount of functions. Which set has more functions than 42043 since it was introduced?

Personally I would not have any problem to see more Mercedes trucks based on a real vehicles, same with Volvo's. BWE is a great models, but definitely too big to play with. Also it has been already a few years, since we had servo motor in a set. If I am not wrong, there were only a three sets with it - 41999, 9398 and 42030. I do not believe that it is a matter of price as we get more and more expensive models. I hope that TLG will show us something amazing in 2019 H2, which will represent the true Technic spirit. We know that they can do it :)ïğżïğżïğżïğż

For now, we just have to wait to see what we will get in next few weeks.

Dito.

As the 2018 H2 was way better than the first half, I also have high hopes for 2019 H2. Most important: A truck is really needed. Maybe truck and trailer combo for heavy equipment? And a car carrier as the B-Model so you can transport all the cars from 2019 H1 :-D

Maybe (just maybe) there are some technic models in the Bricklink AFOL Designer Programm and TLG will get some inspirations, what the fans are looking for.

4 hours ago, siddparkar said:

42096 price seems to have been increased to 170 euros. Is this heading the 42070 direction?

https://www.amazon.de/LEGO-42096-Kinderspielzeug-Bunt/dp/B07FP6QNQ7/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys&ie=UTF8&qid=1542248823&sr=1-1&keywords=42096

LoL, in this price you can get 42082 which has PF and over 4k parts... (and which has the great C model by Nico71 - http://www.nico71.fr/42082-model-c-wheel-loader/)

Edited by keymaker

I don't really get the idea behind the release dates of TLG... It's like they try to miss out the christmas season. Why not releasing the catalog end of November together with the new models?

The catalog is usually out in january, right? Still exited to see all the new technic models :-)

Edited by Jundis

1 hour ago, Jundis said:

I don't really get the idea behind the release dates of TLG... It's like they try to miss out the christmas season. Why not releasing the catalog end of November together with the new models?

The catalog is usually out in january, right? Still exited to see all the new technic models :-)

They probably want people to buy the bigger sets for Christmas, that were just recently released and well stocked in most stores rather than have to scramble to stock the smaller sets and risk shortages and disgruntled gift buyers. Of course this is just my spin on things and I have no actual knowledge of such things. Personally I am glad either way as I have only managed to buy two sets from the last wave, the forklift and the autonomous loader, so I am in no hurry for the next wave. 

9 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

They probably want people to buy the bigger sets for Christmas, that were just recently released and well stocked in most stores rather than have to scramble to stock the smaller sets and risk shortages and disgruntled gift buyers. Of course this is just my spin on things and I have no actual knowledge of such things. Personally I am glad either way as I have only managed to buy two sets from the last wave, the forklift and the autonomous loader, so I am in no hurry for the next wave. 

I agree. The 2nd half 2018 sets haven't been out very long so I imagine they would want to give them more time to generate sales before offering even newer alternatives. There's still a large selection of smaller sets from this year and last year on the shelves to sell so I don't think it would be a good idea to release the 2019 first half just yet.

But what you think, despite of info about release date from amazon, will we get opportunity to for example buy 2019 H1 sets for Christmas presents?

11 hours ago, Jundis said:

The toys for christmas are sent to the stores at the end of summer. The sets released in august feat this schedule very well.

17 minutes ago, keymaker said:

But what you think, despite of info about release date from amazon, will we get opportunity to for example buy 2019 H1 sets for Christmas presents?

Probably. Many stores just can’t resist

16 hours ago, Jundis said:

I don't really get the idea behind the release dates of TLG... It's like they try to miss out the christmas season.

I think they do this as the smaller sets fit into all though little hands that have Christmas present money to spend.

Someone just shared a picture on FB, 42092 on the shelves in a store in Canada. Perhaps we’ll get the rest soon too? 

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

Someone just shared a picture on FB, 42092 on the shelves in a store in Canada. Perhaps we’ll get the rest soon too? 

Please show me the link in a private message.

Just now, Frequenzberater said:

Its a simple Helicopter in black, white and red with functional rotors, a whinch and a manually openable back compartment for a rescue stretcher. 

Link?