I was hoping that the stunt racer would have a separate steering mechanism to be able to use it on other wheeled models.

9 hours ago, siddparkar said:

another thing which confused me is if this is a construction machinery (like 42030, 42009) and which is why it's yellow in color, why is it holding what looks like log? That's something a machine in green would do, right?

No, loads of logging machinery is yellow. Tigercat, anyone?

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

No, loads of logging machinery is yellow. Tigercat, anyone?

or CAT...yellow is best visible in foggy conditions so logical choice is yellow

Would’ve been nice to have a subtractor mechanism in the stunt racer, but Lego just doesn’t give two shits about teaching kids cool mechanisms despite it being Technic, so they won’t bother.

23 minutes ago, arijitdas said:

The stunt racer will be a great disappointment if it adopts PowerUp in its current state as it will render all the current generation PF motors unusable. However, if the electrical connectors for PowerUp for Technic models are modified so that current generation motors can be used with it then it will be a move in the right direction and will make the model highly successful. So, it remains to be seen if Lego continues to use the traditional PF or adopts PowerUp for Technic. 

It is completely the other way around, the model would be a great disappointment if it still had Power Functions instead of Powered Up. LEGO clearly declared that they are moving to the Powered Up platform, there's no any point to release anything with Power Functions 1.0 anymore. This set should be a starter/introductory set for Technic with PU with the basic components (hub/M motor/remote), and I expect to see the rest of the motors introduced in other sets gradually through the year.

6 minutes ago, kbalage said:

... This set should be a starter/introductory set for Technic with PU with the basic components (hub/M motor/remote), and I expect to see the rest of the motors introduced in other sets gradually through the year.

Dont forget a servo for steering

That tracked racer looks pretty rubbish. Really disappointed as I thought (hoped?) that it would feature tractor tyres or maybe even smaller versions, like the classic RC Rebound.

24 minutes ago, kbalage said:

This set should be a starter/introductory set for Technic with PU with the basic components (hub/M motor/remote), and I expect to see the rest of the motors introduced in other sets gradually through the year. 

The question is how close to the true are the leaked photos, because they show standard basic remote controller from PF, no from PU.

Edited by keymaker

19 minutes ago, efferman said:

Dont forget a servo for steering

I don't think we'll get it at this point, probably in a 2HY flagship model.

19 minutes ago, keymaker said:

The question is how close to the true are the leaked photos, because they show standard basic remote controller from PF, no from PU.

It would be funny, if Lego leaked fake photos!

Relax, guys! The real new sets, of course, are much better than those fake ones!

Hahaha!

Edited by Yevhen

17 minutes ago, Yevhen said:

It would be funny, if Lego leaked fake photos! 

I do not say there are fake. But if you saw them then you have to admit, fronts of boxes are rather dead simple. So the look of the sets are definitely real, but the rest of the box does not look as the final one - so the type of power function included.

Just now, keymaker said:

I do not say there are fake. But if you saw them then you have to admit, fronts of boxes are rather dead simple. So the look of the sets are definitely real, but the rest of the box does not look as the final one - so the type of power function included.

I was joking, of course. I believe those leaked models are real.

At least for the 42094, I find the clean color scheme (black, yellow, some light-gray) very interesting: Have they really listened to the complaints of the fans about some former rainbow-sets?

I also like the cabin and the back end. The tracks and gripper unit on the other hand are ... hmm uninspired...

3 hours ago, keymaker said:

Why Stunt Racer is again tracked vechicle....? :( Very similar to the 42065. If they are prepareing RC vechicle, give them at least some diference, not only different body colour and a bit different shape of tracks.

My guess: the previous racer was successful and this is an attempt to repeat that (also: it enables racing between the two different models which I'm personally looking forward to).

I guess you know it but for explicitness: the tracked RC cars are easier to steer with only vertical levers (the left-right meaning doesn't change when the car is going towards you).

Hmm there will be comparisons between 42065 and 42095. Which is faster, manage better in rough terrain etc :0 It can be fun to watch :)

41 minutes ago, konryd said:

My guess: the previous racer was successful and this is an attempt to repeat that (also: it enables racing between the two different models which I'm personally looking forward to).

I guess you know it but for explicitness: the tracked RC cars are easier to steer with only vertical levers (the left-right meaning doesn't change when the car is going towards you).

Yup. These are very valid reasons.

However, I find it strange that the 42065 is so recent (in fact, it's still available at the LEGO site, at least for Portugal) and it already gets a similar replacement. I would understand if it used PUp instead of PF, or if it were a wheeled (motor + servo) instead of tracked (motor + motor) vehicle.

48 minutes ago, konryd said:

the tracked RC cars are easier to steer with only vertical levers (the left-right meaning doesn't change when the car is going towards you).

Uh, actually, when the car is pointing at you, when you push the levers forward it goes towards you instead of away from you, and the lever on your right controls the track that's on your left.

5 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

However, I find it strange that the 42065 is so recent (in fact, it's still available at the LEGO site, at least for Portugal) and it already gets a similar replacement. I would understand if it used PUp instead of PF, or if it were a wheeled (motor + servo) instead of tracked (motor + motor) vehicle.

That is rather quick indeed. Maybe they had to fill the line-up and they chose one of the alternatives for the previous one. 

Not having had a new motor pack for a while I wonder if the tracked racers are serving the roll of being a motor/pf pack with two motors, battery box, RC parts and just a few regular parts thrown in.

3 minutes ago, allanp said:

Not having had a new motor pack for a while I wonder if the tracked racers are serving the roll of being a motor/pf pack with two motors, battery box, RC parts and just a few regular parts thrown in.

To your point what if a new pf motor is released instead of pu in the model. Maybe, wishful thinking I know, the new motor will serve the function of the RC buggy motor (high rpm) for RC Car Mocs. I do doubt this though. 

7 minutes ago, allanp said:

No, I think this is TLG being repetitive and lazy. It started with Star Wars and now it's apparent with Technic.

10 minutes ago, allanp said:

I would say yes, as it is not that difficult to motorize the basic sets with these parts. The app-controlled Batmobile has also a good starter PU pack, 42095 will be similar. 

58 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

However, I find it strange that the 42065 is so recent (in fact, it's still available at the LEGO site, at least for Portugal) and it already gets a similar replacement.

In the previous catalog, it was announced that the 42065 would stop being sold on 31.12.2018.

54 minutes ago, allanp said:

I'm almost certain it's not the goal there. It's rather to appeal to kids looking for any RC toy and introduce them to Lego technic. I'd expect this will become a standard base to cover in future too, similarly to "cheap, impulse buy" like the hook loader, "pair of pullbacks" and the flagships.