Just one question - what do you think if this

http://www.techlug.fr/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=11612

Image is also included but I'm not sure I this is a fake...

EDIT: I think I have found the answer and it seems that it was discussed here

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/109325-extreme-large-mining-truck/

Edited by I_Igor

Lose interest? I only really start to gain interest once I see them as names, set numbers and piece counts don't tell me if it's any good. A supercar could be awesome or it could be worthless to me depending on how it turns out.

1 hour ago, allanp said:

Lose interest? I only really start to gain interest once I see them as names, set numbers and piece counts don't tell me if it's any good. A supercar could be awesome or it could be worthless to me depending on how it turns out.

name and piece count give some hints though, given that licensed sets tend to be light on features for their price/piece count, im not expecting much from the upcoming porsche

Personally im losing interest as well, been keeping busy with other hobbies, and seeing that what little info leaks so far, im not expecting much from lego, they seem to be headed in a direction i have little interest in.

Off course i might change my position if the upcoming porsche turns out awesome, but im not holding my breath

Interesting: the GT racer will weigh 2.2 kgs, exactly as much as 42039.

But half as heavy as the 42056.

Don't know how that makes me feel.

https://www.amazon.de/LEGO-42096-Kinderspielzeug-Bunt/dp/B07FP6QNQ7/ref=sr_1_1_det?ie=UTF8&qid=1541113750&sr=8-1#productPromotions

All sets listed for pre order on amz.de

Edited by siddparkar

By that alone I think we can rule out the possibility of a gearbox, if Lego’s form over function approach with past supercars is anything to go by

Just now, Bartybum said:

By that alone I think we can rule out the possibility of a gearbox, if Lego’s form over function approach with past supercars is anything to go by

1600 parts and no gearbox like 42077 ?

Doubt it.

6 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Oh it’s 1600 parts? Okay I take that back in that case lol

More than 8880! ?

I know the mining truck is fake, but wouldn't a proper big mining truck make a change from another gearbox+suspension aka another supercar!?? 

Hoping for something unexpected in H2, like bwe was... just not another gearbox + suspension.... pleeeeaaaaassee!!!

On 11/1/2018 at 10:43 PM, vectormatic said:

name and piece count give some hints though, given that licensed sets tend to be light on features for their price/piece count, im not expecting much from the upcoming porsche

Personally im losing interest as well, been keeping busy with other hobbies, and seeing that what little info leaks so far, im not expecting much from lego, they seem to be headed in a direction i have little interest in.

I don't think licences make much difference either in terms of functionality or value (apart from the fact that it's modelled after a real life thing being cool in itself of course). The two mercedes have been great value as well as being some of the best sets ever released at the time (while the Arocs remains number one for me). The Mack wasn't bad either or the Volvo 42053 or the claas 42054. But remember what we know of the first half 2019 sets so far is only the first half sets, which aren't really meant for us (except the first half flagship). The overused argument "they are kids toys" actually has *some* relevance with these first half sets. 

@allanp sometimes as you nicely pointed out 'kids toys' have very interesting and useful parts, and I agree with you on your statement :thumbup:

I preffer them when they are kid toys because when they are big kid toys they are supercharged pieces sets without nothing interesting inside, big kids don´t want them for play so why have the sets have to work?.

49 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

I preffer them when they are kid toys because when they are big kid toys they are supercharged pieces sets without nothing interesting inside, big kids don´t want them for play so why have the sets have to work?.

:thumbup: +1

On 11/1/2018 at 10:43 PM, vectormatic said:

name and piece count give some hints

Also price: for example, high price + low parts = PF (or hopefully PUp)

Can't understand why so many people are hyped about Powered Up. From the first glimpse it seems to be a weaker version of PF. Compatibility issues both with existing electrics and existing software, don't know about sbrick, but with buwizz for sure. Also the limitation on ports for cables? Sure it looks good, but they have to do better than this for oldschool AFOLs to start prioritizing PU in their mocs. It seems like a lot of funding is going towards implementing PU in the new sets. Hopefully I am wrong:tongue:

You are right but there also are metalic and plastic custom parts, the actual Lego inventory it is a self-imposed rule to build soffering the same problems between purist people.

1 hour ago, gate said:

Can't understand why so many people are hyped about Powered Up. From the first glimpse it seems to be a weaker version of PF.

The fact that it uses radio (in this case Bluetooth) instead of infrared is a big advantage, because it has better range, works outdoors under sunlight, and doesn't require line-of-sight.

Both the SBrick and the BuWizz have this advantage without PUp's disadvantages with its non-stackable plug.

But I guess the hype is because it's new and can potentially bring new stuff to play with.

25 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

The fact that it uses radio (in this case Bluetooth) instead of infrared is a big advantage, because it has better range, works outdoors under sunlight, and doesn't require line-of-sight.

Reading the review on the Train forums on PU, I'm not getting the vibe that people are impressed with the Bluetooth range.  Maybe better than PF but I'm not seeing people say it's a Big Advantage?  or maybe I missed something.

Pf Range in a dark room = 6m

Pf range in sun = 0,5-4m

Powered up , dark room, sun, whatever 20m+ and no visual contact to the receiver neccessary. You can place it in the deepest bottom of your model.

3 hours ago, paul_delahaye said:

Reading the review on the Train forums on PU, I'm not getting the vibe that people are impressed with the Bluetooth range

I was really impressed, based on my tests the max range was ~50m in an area without interference. Powered Up performed actually much better then BuWizz and SBrick which are also using Bluetooth. More details here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhpbpm2nEWc