3 hours ago, Seasider said:

For those of you Moaning about another 911 just remember we’ve only had a Speed Champions and a “UCS” Technic. Having a 3rd midiscale (hopefully something the size of @Thirdwigg‘s model) would be a good addition.

Star Wars sets work in lots of sizes eg the Falcon, Slave 1 etc 

Who's moaning? I personally like another Porsche in Lego :classic:

6 minutes ago, Aleh said:

Who's moaning? I personally like another Porsche in Lego :classic:

IMO AMG Technic would have been more desirable since another Porsche is still on the market.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:18 AM, I_Igor said:

This time it looks that people who got 2019 LEGO catalog are sticking to LEGO rules :wink:

Speaking as a person who occasionally has been granted access to those catalogs, it's more that the 2019 LEGO catalog is image-free. :S

Just now, Azani said:

Speaking as a person who occasionally has been granted access to those catalogs, it's more that the 2019 LEGO catalog is image-free. :S

Image free like no image at all or image free as in case of Mack Anthem with black silhouette?

4 hours ago, siddparkar said:

IMO AMG Technic would have been more desirable since another Porsche is still on the market.

It's hard to disagree... Especially when you a Mercedes fan. Suppose it will be too expensive to buy Mercedes name.. 

2 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Image free like no image at all or image free as in case of Mack Anthem with black silhouette?

Image-free as in "greyed-out box silhouettes for each individual line".

1 hour ago, Aleh said:

It's hard to disagree... Especially when you a Mercedes fan. Suppose it will be too expensive to buy Mercedes name.. 

They have the Mercedes licence as we’ve had the Unimog and Arcos in the Technic series and there’s the AMG GT3 in the Speed Champions series already

2 hours ago, Azani said:

Have you seen the 2019 catalogue yet?
We have never received a catalogue before December, and while there have been blacked out images before it's only been the case for a few sets that are either UCS or haven't been finalized yet.
Most stores selling Lego have a "subscription" of a certain level, where the different levels mean you have a predetermined amount of what sets your store will be getting at the time new waves are released.
We can't control what we'll get at the start of next year as that is decided by us having subscription level X, although we can put in an order on the B2B shop for pretty much whatever we want but we'll still get the order with all the new stuff our agreement calls for.
What I'm trying to get at is that for most clients TLG don't have to show off and sell in their new products as the stores will receive an order matching their subscription level no matter what (unless they say they don't want to sell Lego anymore).
Therefore TLG doesn't have the same need to show off their products beforehand as many other suppliers typically do, then again showing new products is always a good idea and can (and will) lead to a lot of hype in the community, for better or worse.
We have just short of 200 different suppliers for our store and none of them work the same way TLG does, and I don't mean that in a bad way, TLG are by far one of our better suppliers both in regards to the money we make and how smooth everything runs with them.

Kids will get whatever just because it's new when it comes to Lego, they don't give a damn if they've seen it a couple months before in a grainy image or not, all the hype is centered in and around the AFOL community and sometimes hype is a good thing and sometimes it's less good, ultimately depends on the product and how mad the hype has been.

3 hours ago, Azani said:

Seeing the greyed images would already be nice.

Just now, Akbalder said:

Seeing the greyed images would already be nice.

They're not really greyed out silhouttes of the sets, they're just a black box with the text "CONFIDENTIAL" across them, not as much fun as you'd think. :wink:
There are however usually info about the set such as piece count and size of the box, which it at least something.

12 hours ago, Azani said:

Image-free as in "greyed-out box silhouettes for each individual line".

So we can speculate that sets will have dark bluish gray beams :wink:

On 10/17/2018 at 11:03 PM, Seasider said:

They have the Mercedes licence as we’ve had the Unimog and Arcos in the Technic series and there’s the AMG GT3 in the Speed Champions series already

I do not know how it works, maybe they need a licence for the particular model?

3 hours ago, Aleh said:

I do not know how it works, maybe they need a licence for the particular model?

Pretty sure the price for collaboration is set during the negotiations if the company agrees to lend its name for a set.

Anyway, I really hope that TLG strays away from branding sets left and right. May be 1 major set with brand per year is fine. But more is really not necessary and pointless (imho).

Edited by gate

On 10/19/2018 at 11:00 AM, gate said:

...But more is really not necessary and pointless (imho).

And more often than not expensive.

1 hour ago, grum64 said:

And more often than not expensive.

I believe licensed sets are more expensive because they are popular and the demand for them is high. Meaning, the profit margins are higher than for other LEGO Technic sets or they can afford to spend that little bit extra on the development of the sets since the market is ready to pay the price. I feel the licensed sets in general rank high in the quality spectra of LEGO Technic sets.

Edited by zoo

I want to get into making pf cars what sets do you guys recommend

Edited by ascarkiller
misspelling

27 minutes ago, ascarkiller said:

I want to get into making pf cats what sets do you guys recommend

That sounds quite sadistic, you should seek the help of a good therapist. 

Alternately, you could take a look at 8277 from 1997 as well... :laugh:

Anyway! 2019! Tracked Loader! 8043-B style or 42032/8418 style? Your thoughts!

Edited by Maaboo35

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Alternately, you could take a look at 8277 from 1997 as well... :laugh:

Anyway! 2019! Tracked Loader! 8043-B style or 42032/8418 style? Your thoughts!

With this amount of parts it should be quite detailed. I think it can be closer to 8043-B style rather than 42032/8418.

But I realy count on 42095 Remote-Controlled Stunt Racer. For a couple years we did no have model with servo mothor. I hope for this set to be the cheap source of motors, servo ideally, and the fun of course! The piece count is very similar to the 42065, but the price is 20$ more, so maybe? :)

6 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

That sounds quite sadistic, you should seek the help of a good therapist. 

I feel like you just assumed I actually meant cars ok hecking cars