5 minutes ago, zoo said:

Claas is already gone. 42056 will most likely be gone by the end of this year. Mack lives on. I'm also waiting for the new sets to step into the light while at the same time keeping my eyes on retailers and their stock of 42056es.

Claas is available at Amazon for $146

The prices do not skyrocket anymore. Actually, not like what we saw in the past.

Zoo, no need to rush immediatly. There are plenty of 42056 on the market, for much cheaper than MSRP. Personnally I have 2 for sale (including 1 MISB), and no one seems interested in buying them.

So you have plenty of time, and you can totally wait the first pictures of 42096 to make up your mind.

7 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

Claas is available at Amazon for $146

Did not know this. It's been out of stock for some time where I live. Very glad to have bought a pair of them already. Do not miss out!

3 minutes ago, Anio said:

Zoo, no need to rush immediatly. There are plenty of 42056 on the market, for much cheaper than MSRP. Personnally I have 2 for sale (including 1 MISB), and no one seems interested in buying them.

So you have plenty of time, and you can totally wait the first pictures of 42096 to make up your mind.

Good to know. There are quite a few available around here still so I'm not that worried yet.

2 hours ago, WvG_853 said:

The 42056 will not be around for long anymore. As soon as it is out of stock, the price will raise. I would go for it. I you like flagships, you will definitively like the Porsche. I suggest ordering immediately the pieces for the Pimp up my Porsche version by @jb70.

it should not go out of stock without a dip in price. it has been 299 + taxes since it was released in US.

Edited by siddparkar
typo

I too am trying to hunt down sets before prices skyrocket as well. I was lucky to find the Arocs at MSRP still at walmart.com. I was able to get the old RC Volvo loader used for about 170 as well. I think if i can get the old RC excavator, Heavy lift copter and mobile crane MII as well, I'll be good for older sets. 

Then I can move onto the mac anthem, 6x6 tow truck, AT Crane

Just now, Goldenmasamune said:

I too am trying to hunt down sets before prices skyrocket as well. I was lucky to find the Arocs at MSRP still at walmart.com. I was able to get the old RC Volvo loader used for about 170 as well. I think if i can get the old RC excavator, Heavy lift copter and mobile crane MII as well, I'll be good for older sets. 

Then I can move onto the mac anthem, 6x6 tow truck, AT Crane

I liked that helicopter but didn't want to buy it for full price. I've got Arocs, and the rare Arctic Truck among the older sets. 41999 was the dream!

Among my to buy are Porsche, Mack, Chiron and the new Crane.

6x6 if I get it for 150

9 minutes ago, siddparkar said:

I liked that helicopter but didn't want to buy it for full price. I've got Arocs, and the rare Arctic Truck among the older sets. 41999 was the dream!

Among my to buy are Porsche, Mack, Chiron and the new Crane.

6x6 if I get it for 150

Is it weird that I'm not a huge fan of the 41999 Bugatti? I think it's a beautiful model and was a blast to build, but I feel like once it's done, you can't really do much with it. My 1 year old son and I built it (seriously, I showed him where to put pieces and he was able to do it. i'm really proud of him for that) and now it really just hangs on the wall. Sure you can shift gears, but you really can't see what it does or really any impact to the model itself, and the suspension is so soft you really can't "push" it on the floor without the bottom scraping. My son really enjoyed making the spoiler go up and down though and opening and closing the doors. 

1 hour ago, Goldenmasamune said:

Is it weird that I'm not a huge fan of the 41999 Bugatti? I think it's a beautiful model and was a blast to build, but I feel like once it's done, you can't really do much with it. My 1 year old son and I built it (seriously, I showed him where to put pieces and he was able to do it. i'm really proud of him for that) and now it really just hangs on the wall. Sure you can shift gears, but you really can't see what it does or really any impact to the model itself, and the suspension is so soft you really can't "push" it on the floor without the bottom scraping. My son really enjoyed making the spoiler go up and down though and opening and closing the doors. 

That's crazy. I have a 17 month old and I can't imagine him building anything. He did enjoy watching me play with the arocs though. 

20 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

That's crazy. I have a 17 month old and I can't imagine him building anything. He did enjoy watching me play with the arocs though. 

He can't build on his own yet but if I tell him to stick a pin in a hole, or attach a liftarm In a certain way, he's able to figure it out eventually. Him and I built the arocs recently and he did the entire "dumping" assembly by me showing him where to put parts. He can is the controls to make the crane arm move on it, but hasn't figured out what does what. He has also figures out how steering works on it. He likes to push it around and make the suspension bounce and put random toys in the bed of it.

I still can't get him to walk though or say dada

2 hours ago, Goldenmasamune said:

He can't build on his own yet but if I tell him to stick a pin in a hole, or attach a liftarm In a certain way, he's able to figure it out eventually...

Let’s get back on topic :wink: 

I wonder if we'll see some new powered up motors with the 42095 set? If they're calling it a "stunt racer" you'd hope the motors have some pep to them...

3 hours ago, ultra said:

I wonder if we'll see some new powered up motors with the 42095 set? If they're calling it a "stunt racer" you'd hope the motors have some pep to them...

I expect to see something very similar to the app-controlled Batmobile, the price is the same. Two M motors and the Technic version of the battery box. It'd be nice to have a physical controller as well, but who knows.

3 hours ago, kbalage said:

I expect to see something very similar to the app-controlled Batmobile, the price is the same. Two M motors and the Technic version of the battery box. It'd be nice to have a physical controller as well, but who knows.

That'd be unfortunate, as the batmobile; whilst being aimed at younger children does not perform very well and skid steers. In an ideal world I'd be hoping for a powered up servo and a motor with a somewhat decent power output. The bluetooth control doesn't concern me as the added range is a bonus.

9 hours ago, schild said:

That'd be unfortunate, as the batmobile; whilst being aimed at younger children does not perform very well and skid steers. In an ideal world I'd be hoping for a powered up servo and a motor with a somewhat decent power output. The bluetooth control doesn't concern me as the added range is a bonus.

The Batmobile actually performs well, not sure what you mean. It does what it promises, steering works ok and it does wheeeeelies :) Let's see what comes but if there'll be a PU servo I wouldn't expect more than an M motor for drive.

8 hours ago, Goldenmasamune said:

I sincerely hope there is an entire new line of Power UP motors and a new battery box that gives multiple motors on single output 

I'm sure there will be, but I don't think all of them will appear in the 2019H1 lineup.

15 hours ago, Goldenmasamune said:

I sincerely hope there is an entire new line of Power UP motors and a new battery box that gives multiple motors on single output 

The motors included in the Batmobile are labelled as Lpf2.0, which I guess stands for "Lego Power Functions 2.0". It's looking like that's the case. :look:

Am i the only one waiting for 2h flagship?! I like the other stuff... but the real excitement for me is the big flagship..

..are there any rumours about it?

I expect the ZR1 to come in yellow and feature the small 2x5 panels in yellow. It is only 50$ and has 579 pieces. A comparable set would be 42048 Race Kart.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

23 minutes ago, efferman said:

Dont expect pictures of flagship before Nuremberg toy Fair 2019

In fairness, a Eurobricks user kindly PM'd good quality early pictures to anyone who asked on Christmas day last year.  so hopefully a bit earlier thant Nuremberg TF 2019.  It was a nice present!

16 hours ago, kbalage said:

The Batmobile actually performs well, not sure what you mean. It does what it promises, steering works ok and it does wheeeeelies :) Let's see what comes but if there'll be a PU servo I wouldn't expect more than an M motor for drive.

That seems unfortunately true. The batmobile doesn't perform badly so to say, but I'd be looking for something closer to the buggy motor in terms of torque and speed, as I doubt a single M motor will have much oomph to it. 

There really hasn't been a motor since it that can compete, the closest people have got is using third party systems like the buwizz that provide a higher current(?) to power functions 1.0 motors and at 129 euros the price isn't very appealing for something that could potentially damage the motors.