20 minutes ago, siddparkar said:

This has made it even harder for me to decide whether I should buy 42056 or not lol.

You will regret not buying the 42056 while you still can. It is a real classic, the first Technic UCS. This new model will be around for some time and the price will drop ...

1 hour ago, Anio said:

Cars don't : 8653, 8674, 8386, 8145, 42056, 42083.

I get why some of those didn't get a B model, especially 42056 and 42083 as they were 2H flagships but still considered somewhat standalone by many.
Great models but not really part of the "conventional" lineup as there were other sets considered flagships the years they were released like the BWE and rough terrain crane.
There's a good chance 42096 will have a B model as it doesn't fall in the same category as I just mentioned.
Then again I'm just speculating, what do I know eh, we'll just have to wait and see :wink:

Edited by degenerate

42096 isn’t a UCS like ‘83 and ‘56, so it falls into the same category as the BMW bike from last year, which did have a B-model. I reckon it’s likely they’d do one.

Edited by Bartybum

42096 B model may be a concept model or a Porsche SUV or a convertible with a functional retractable roof. The convertible with retractable roof might turn out to be a great hit since such a feature has not appeared in a technic model before.

What Porsche cars besides the 911 RSR GTE are in white with black and red stripes and lime headlights?

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

6 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

What Porsche cars besides the 919 RSR GTE are in white with black and red stripes and lime headlights?

May be the Boxster with a red/white/black color scheme. 

Edited by arijitdas
typo

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

What Porsche cars besides the 919 RSR GTE are in white with black and red stripes and lime headlights?

Correction, the 911 RSR GTE.

The 919H LMP1H car has the same base livery as the 911 RSR, otherwise there are some more classic porsche in white with some red and black accents, but those are far more white. Also, if the A-model uses stickers for its livery, only the 919H makes any sense anymore.

20 minutes ago, Seasider said:

so how soon till we get pictures ?

not soon enough :sad: probably at end of November or start of December ...

5 hours ago, arijitdas said:

The convertible with retractable roof might turn out to be a great hit since such a feature has not appeared in a technic model before.

8448 do have such feature. It is from 1999, that's 20 years ago

I give for sure that 42096 will have a B model. I'm curious about the pieces for steering, if they keep the excellent 42054's wheel hub holder 23801 or they come up with an update.

17 hours ago, Bonnier said:

This nederland online shop has already listed the 42096, its a mid-engined Porsche 911 RSR GTE, of course no pictures!

http://otten-speelgoed.nl/lego-duplo/lego-technic/42096.html

I must admit that at this point I'm a bit disappointed that TLG went for another large scale 911-shaped car with a big spoiler on the back. It is just too similar to the 42056 in my book. Even within the Porsche range, there are cars which are mechanically more interesting like a convertible Boxster or more visually striking like the 918 Spyder. We'll see if this set will bring any new parts, existing parts in new colours (black and/or white wheel archers perhaps?) or other innovations which will still make this model worth the €180,- price tag.

I'm also curious if there will be new, smaller fender panels. High ET wheels would be cool as well.

I think the 42096 serves to maximize the economy of scale effect for the Porsche rims. Even the bucket of 42030 which many people think would not appear again because of limited use does appear again.

2 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think the 42096 serves to maximize the economy of scale effect for the Porsche rims. Even the bucket of 42030 which many people think would not appear again because of limited use does appear again.

I don't think that the 42096 will be on the same scale, it's half the cost of the bigger one.

Maybe it’s my wishful thinking, but isn’t it likely to have this color scheme?!

37CADEB2-C328-4295-8F4E-279B033E35F0.jpeg

I see this has been discussed in previous posts, sorry. I do love the colors.

25 minutes ago, Jim said:

Maybe it’s my wishful thinking, but isn’t it likely to have this color scheme?!

I see this has been discussed in previous posts, sorry. I do love the colors.

Maybe you'll finally get your hood panels in white, Jim... :laugh:

15 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Maybe you'll finally get your hood panels in white, Jim... :laugh:

Hehe...yes!!! I reckon more people will be happy with that.

Got a little room in my budget. Already collect the main Technic flagships, but torn between the "UCS" Super Car's or medium sized models like the Claas, Mack, and this. I want to wait til photos of this come out but I'm wondering if 42056 will be gone by then.

48 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

Got a little room in my budget. Already collect the main Technic flagships, but torn between the "UCS" Super Car's or medium sized models like the Claas, Mack, and this. I want to wait til photos of this come out but I'm wondering if 42056 will be gone by then.

Claas is already gone. 42056 will most likely be gone by the end of this year. Mack lives on. I'm also waiting for the new sets to step into the light while at the same time keeping my eyes on retailers and their stock of 42056es.

47 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

The 42056 will not be around for long anymore. As soon as it is out of stock, the price will raise. I would go for it. I you like flagships, you will definitively like the Porsche. I suggest ordering immediately the pieces for the Pimp up my Porsche version by @jb70.